Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Im looking forward to the game you are modding Rice Cake. Thats deadly flavour! :)

Pter wrote: »
    Wasn't stopped. Just wasn't continued. No specific reason why I think. I forgot for vanillarama anyway.

Just seeing this now, you absolute politician! :pac:

The return of the feedback threads might be something to consider for next year. Sure, we have this place to discuss WW, but maybe game specific feedback threads could take some of the heat which can often be brewing in the immediate aftermath of a game.

I see that some posters are worried that disputes in here isn't a good look to any new players who are thinking about signing up. Well this thread could be for the more general game queries and discussion, and we could have our little 'venting' sessions in the game specific feedback threads. I reckon that lurkers and new players would be more inclined to read a 'Werewolf Discussion' thread, than a feedback thread for a game they didn't play in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Could we not have a mega feedback thread to cover all games and perhaps create a new one each year.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Kolido wrote: »
    Could we not have a mega feedback thread to cover all games and perhaps create a new one each year.

I like that idea actually.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

When it comes down to it, this really is a great game. Where else would I have had the chance to be:

Batman and Dot Cotton
    Homer Simpson and Lord Voldemort
    Seamus McFly and Jim Moriarty
    Gaston and Stannis Baratheon

Dot was probably my favourite.

What characters have you got to play, and which was your favourite?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Grampa Simpson WOULD have been my favorite until it got ruthlessly stolen from me...

And people believed the thief :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

quickbeam wrote: »
    When it comes down to it, this really is a great game. Where else would I have had the chance to be:

Batman and Dot Cotton

The Dot Cotton kill flavour from Beaker was pretty sad reading!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

duffman13 wrote: »
    The Dot Cotton kill flavour from Beaker was pretty sad reading!

I cant remember it.

Shes one of my most hated characters in Eastenders, cant stand the meddling old hag

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I cant remember it.

Shes one of my most hated characters in Eastenders, cant stand the meddling old hag

Ah I remember it, she died of a broken heart when Nick died
    The morning sun moved over Walford as we enter the house of a villager. Tears run down the villagers cheek like a waterfall as their hand shakes while holding a picture of another villager in their hands. Their face is puffy from crying so much and grief really has set in to an unbearable level. Suddenly the villager feels a pain in their chest and they collapse to the floor.
    Angus WW is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Pter wrote: »
    Im looking forward to the game you are modding Rice Cake. Thats deadly flavour! :)

I hope I havent set the bar too high for myself.... lol

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote: »
    I hope I havent set the bar too high for myself.... lol

Ngl, would be happy to help you with permissions for November to see your plans :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

fixxxer wrote: »
    We had the lynch option on Day0 recently, but it's more that instead of being a time for everyone to check in and make sure they understand things properly players are straight off the bat going in to wolf hunting mode. If you've never played before, or only played a few, its daunting to see all this going on straight from the off. Asking for questions or asking whats going on feels like painting a target on yourself.

Part of the reason for that is that asking questions is something you might do (in anon anyway) to appear like you're one of the new guys. New guys are no threat. They dont know what's going on. They're clueless.... Cluelesser like a WOLF! GET HIM!

In that regard, guides on how to play don't always help much since they just tell everyone else how to spot the new guy who rolled Seer, but they do stifle new ideas and new thinking from fresh players who think they couldn't possibly know better.

A how to play X / how to spot X guide maybe that showed you what kind of tells to try to avoid might help, but I mean how do you know the Wolves didn't write it? Why not just baste yourself and roll in gravy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Banjo wrote: »
    Part of the reason for that is that asking questions is something you might do (in anon anyway) to appear like you're one of the new guys. New guys are no threat. They dont know what's going on. They're clueless.... Cluelesser like a WOLF! GET HIM!

In that regard, guides on how to play don't always help much since they just tell everyone else how to spot the new guy who rolled Seer, but they do stifle new ideas and new thinking from fresh players who think they couldn't possibly know better.

A how to play X / how to spot X guide maybe that showed you what kind of tells to try to avoid might help, but I mean how do you know the Wolves didn't write it? Why not just baste yourself and roll in gravy?

You make a delicious point.

(I'm so hungry now)

Maybe the mentor idea is the best way to help new players but not compromise the game for long term players.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

quickbeam wrote: »

Batman and Dot Cotton

Oh so many NRV’s, the endless eternity of it all, the trials of a neverwolf ....

But scar was awesome to play, (especially after I was peaked)

Enjoyed John Coffey lots too

And sharing a backroom with Mick as Romeo and Juliet was great fun

Halloween as the Winchester’s with TB was great too, we both got to be exploding bodyguards

Adam the Sk and Sherlock were too brief
    Ian the rat in eastenders didn’t actually get revealed but was a cool idea

Enjoyed the vig in fallout and easy E in WWE. May have missed some.

This really is a great game isn’t it?

Playing a dog twice has been my highlight :D

Well I’ve been Groundskeeper Willie in my debut, though I will forever be down in history as Milhouse!

Ive been Buffy and Tony Soprano which was pretty cool.

Captain Hook in the Disney game, though I role claimed Pete the Mickeyslayer.

Loki in the Marvel Game, Culverton Smith in Sherlock, Alan Pangborn in Stephen King and Roy Walker in the most recent game.

Though my Fav has been Doc Brown and winning the Almanac.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I was a 'lace mistress' wolf cub in my first game, and died about 30 mins after being converted.

I was Fat Toni, Harley Quinn, Abraham and bodyguard priest, a christmas bodyguard again in last years Xmas game, Clara Clayton the unknowing App Seer who died too early to be seer, Arnold the NRV in Westworld, Dirty Den, a split personality FBI agent and now, finally, ive fulfilled my lifes dream of being Bradley Walsh.

Favourite one was probably Dirty Den (clodemode) or maybe Abe the Bodypriest.

In between i got to mod lots of cool roles too. Thats fun as well - seeing how people take the role you made and run with it!

I do enjoy the fact that the Eastenders roles seem to be popular with some, thanks guys.

I've modded all my favourite roles :(

But along the way I've been:
    Abe Simpson
    Spiderman
    Eurus Holmes
    Reinhardt
    Evil Troy Barnes

But my fave I think was the charlatan turncoat Shawn Michaels in WWE.

The fact I ended up in a room with Bret Hart and then turned on him was utter WW poetry :D

When's the next wrestling game :D

Necro wrote: »
    I've modded all my favourite roles :(

But along the way I've been:
    Abe Simpson
    Spiderman
    Eurus Holmes
    Reinhardt
    Evil Troy Barnes

But my fave I think was the charlatan turncoat Shawn Michaels in WWE.

The fact I ended up in a room with Bret Hart and then turned on him was utter WW poetry :D

When's the next wrestling game :D

I’ve been very lucky in the way the 2 games I’ve modded have turned out.

Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels being in the same backroom was stuff we could not have planned for, same goes for the Mitchell Brothers trying to kill themselves only for Peggy to intervene. All luck and all pretty fitting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Ngl, would be happy to help you with permissions for November to see your plans :)

I better start doing some work so, lol :D

Rikand wrote: »
    I better start doing some work so, lol :D

No panic, I'm currently working on my LOTR game anyways. But offer is there if you'd like help with controls for COP :)

I’ve been very lucky in the way the 2 games I’ve modded have turned out.

Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels being in the same backroom was stuff we could not have planned for, same goes for the Mitchell Brothers trying to kill themselves only for Peggy to intervene. All luck and all pretty fitting.

Haha on fave moments of games I've modded:

Walking Dead:
    Tigger and sKeith's late night chat on night 0 as opposing wolves both with the other's names locked in the kill thread

Mick's role claim as Dr. Jenner.

Lord's Negan reveal post

Stu and jayo26 getting stuck into the spirit of WW with a huge role claim row going on around them :D

Buffy:
    Willow getting vamped and Buffy staking her best friend (also my reveal posts were pretty cool)
    Buffy then getting staked by Wesley and reviving literally on the button of the deadline to do so
    Dildo-gate

Disney:
    Jafar changing the peek to his own name and Lord/Maleficent (who could appear as anything but got over-ridden) being peeked as Jafar
    Jafar mind controlling Prince Charming/Virtanen and the subsequent mayhem on thread.
    sKeith as Peter Pan being convinced that Banjo/Tinkerbell was a Jafar power
    The Mickeyslayer role claim by Beaker

Father Ted:
    Vale's mayoral campaign and him winning
    Lord getting bullets from Drumpot and him shooting the Mayor dead

Stephen King:
    Cujo's roleblock power
    Molly leaning into the priest role and changing the game for the village
    Guffy not realising until the last day that his time travel resurrect power was for any kill and not just the lynch

Sopranos:
    Lough coming on like a boss and headshotting the mafia vig
    QB getting lock cleared for shooting dead a fellow villager
    Stu's seer play as Adriana and him peeking his lover Chris/Sinbad on night 0
    ITAs in general and the final brutal shoot out

What will the future bring.....

Oh and the village actually voting No Lynch for the first time ever in Father Ted :D

Actually reading back the Walking Dead game I think it's still my favorite installment of WW.

Fun times with Jayop too :(

Any games in particular that would be worth a read over?

Thats like asking me for my favourite movie, a lot of great games.

I dont think you can go far wrong. If I had to pick, Disney and Walking Dead were fantastic. BTTF during snowgate was my fav though.

Welp, I've read em all at least twice (outside of the two most recent games)

Highly recommend:

Star Wars
    Walking Dead
    Harry Potter
    Oh and the Valentines Game for flavour.
    Also Father Ted is fun

For one nighter games:
    One Night in Saipan is a good read

Oh and Simpsons deserves to be on that list too. I still think it's an epic game. Day 0 and Day 1 the post counts were insane.

Amazing beaker stuck with it at all being dunked into the most high volume of posting aside from Walking Dead actually.

• Advertisement

Oh and Simpsons deserves to be on that list too. I still think it's an epic game. Day 0 and Day 1 the post counts were insane.

Amazing beaker stuck with it at all being dunked into the most high volume of posting aside from Walking Dead actually.

I was out of my depth big time and misunderstood the game. I feel while I failed miserably that game, I leant a lot of from my mistakes.

It stood to me in my next game.

Advertisement