Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

And us trying to bull**** in the backroom, thinking we were getting bull****ted, we were waaaay out :D

BTW I did get your message, but your box is full and couldn't reply!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

What's that I see - a Lord of the Rings sign up thread :eek:

tumblr_mhpa348bEd1s3uvpwo2_500.gif

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057933897

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Have caved and am watching the Toy Show on repeat.

(Also on the wine, which I really shouldn't.)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

How would folk feel about having an official MVP for each game? Maybe choosen by game mods or after game poll.

Dont want to make games too competitive and take the fun out of them but just an idea.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Hmmm, been thinking about how to implement something like this for a while myself tbh.

I know on MU they have awards for:

Best Town/Village Player
    Best Wolf
    Best Town/Village (Collective)
    Best Wolf Team

Each year. Might be a better format than a best player per game?

Only thing that concerns me is people playing for the MVP title rather than for the good of their respective teams. Also it might be considered slightly cliquish (I don't agree) but I like the concept of it anyways.

Mmm, kinda agree. I think it would be too much of a competitive thing for us. And there could be favouritism or bias in the voting too. It could end up just as a popularity contest.

Though, having said that I'm probably biassed myself in saying so as I know I'll never be likely to be a MVP.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

quickbeam wrote: »
    Mmm, kinda agree. I think it would be too much of a competitive thing for us. And there could be favouritism or bias in the voting too. It could end up just as a popularity contest.

Though, having said that I'm probably biassed myself in saying so as I know I'll never be likely to be a MVP.
    You’re always my MVP <3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I would never get a an award for MVP, BUT if there was a MWP, I would get it every game I played :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Necro wrote: »

Only thing that concerns me is people playing for the MVP title rather than for the good of their respective teams. .

If they do that we could rebrand it “most valuable Pogba”

• Advertisement

Drumpot wrote: »
    If they do that we could rebrand it “most valuable Pogba”

:pac::pac::pac:

I like it.

Any interest in a live game tomorrow night folks? Just a standard vanilla game. If there's a few I can run it fairly handy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Potentially

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Can try and make it! Need a Moby for a WhatsApp group?

fixxxer wrote: »
    Can try and make it! Need a Moby for a WhatsApp group?

Nah, I'll run it here and on COP as I have admin access there. Will see how many we get tomorrow and take it from there I guess. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

tenor.gif?itemid=9647190

In.

Potentially 4, nice. 3 more and I'll defo run an impromptu game tonight!

Last call for any takers for live game. Game is ready to go just needs players :pac:

8pm would prob be the latest I'd run it, here till then anyways if there's enough for a game :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Cheers for the PM QB. I'd love to play, but my mother is coming in later, so I'm definitely out, unfortunately

• Advertisement

Thanks for the PM. What time you thinking of starting. I’ve gotta pick up my drunk sister but she hasn’t texted back to tell me where or when yet.

8pm??

Thanks for the PM. What time you thinking of starting. I’ve gotta pick up my drunk sister but she hasn’t texted back to tell me where or when yet.

Aiming for 8pm, if we get one or two more :)

I’ll be gone for 30 mins at least so unless she texts in the next few minutes I don’t think I can play :(

Ah, I'm sure she won't mind waiting until you're munched or lynched.

I’ll be gone for 30 mins at least so unless she texts in the next few minutes I don’t think I can play :(

That's fine Strawbs, twas a long shot anyways. Sometimes the impromptu games work out, other times they don't.

Necro wrote: »
    That's fine Strawbs, twas a long shot anyways. Sometimes the impromptu games work out, other times they don't.

You're too nice :P

OMG, that's two your/you're mess-ups I've just fixed. Not like me at all! :eek::confused:

quickbeam wrote: »
    OMG, that's two your/you're mess-ups I've just fixed. Not like me at all! :eek::confused:

Too much wine :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Would love to play but not available till later I'm afraid! Any other impromptu games let me know though

Advertisement