Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Big shout out to the Marvel game and Necro (I think it was) who got fake info that I wasnt the vig and dared my to shot him, which I duly obliged. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Kolido wrote: »
    Big shout out to the Marvel game and Necro (I think it was) who got fake info that I wasnt the vig and dared my to shot him, which I duly obliged. :D

:( That wasn't me, I was Spiderman. I convinced you to shoot our apprentice priest though:o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I know I’m kinda biased but I loved the Harry Potter game.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sullivlo wrote: »
    I know I’m kinda biased but I loved the Harry Potter game.

Was the game that introduced me to WW so I have a soft spot for it too.

Saw it on the Trending Threads page and was like...

'What the actual hell is going on here?'

Read on, then read the other games while I was waiting for the next game sign up to appear...

And now you're all stuck with me :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Or the time I was a wolf and tried to munch my own team mate.

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    :( That wasn't me, I was Spiderman. I convinced you to shoot our apprentice priest though:o

Ah yeah thats right, cant remember who got the fake info in that game, they were like an evil seer but only half the info they got was correct. They were playing under Nigel or Derry afaik

Harry Potter was thrown together over a very short space of time! Myself and Barney jumped in at short notice. I enjoyed it. Particularly the mass reveal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Haha on fave moments of games I've modded:

Walking Dead:
    Tigger and sKeith's late night chat on night 0 as opposing wolves both with the other's names locked in the kill thread

Mick's role claim as Dr. Jenner.

Lord's Negan reveal post

Stu and jayo26 getting stuck into the spirit of WW with a huge role claim row going on around them :D

Buffy:
    Willow getting vamped and Buffy staking her best friend (also my reveal posts were pretty cool)
    Buffy then getting staked by Wesley and reviving literally on the button of the deadline to do so
    Dildo-gate

Disney:
    Jafar changing the peek to his own name and Lord/Maleficent (who could appear as anything but got over-ridden) being peeked as Jafar
    Jafar mind controlling Prince Charming/Virtanen and the subsequent mayhem on thread.
    sKeith as Peter Pan being convinced that Banjo/Tinkerbell was a Jafar power
    The Mickeyslayer role claim by Beaker

Father Ted:
    Vale's mayoral campaign and him winning
    Lord getting bullets from Drumpot and him shooting the Mayor dead

Stephen King:
    Cujo's roleblock power
    Molly leaning into the priest role and changing the game for the village
    Guffy not realising until the last day that his time travel resurrect power was for any kill and not just the lynch

Sopranos:
    Lough coming on like a boss and headshotting the mafia vig
    QB getting lock cleared for shooting dead a fellow villager
    Stu's seer play as Adriana and him peeking his lover Chris/Sinbad on night 0
    ITAs in general and the final brutal shoot out

What will the future bring.....

So many good memories, Jafar was the best role ever, such great powers and general mayhem it caused, really loved that game!

TWD was my first game and thank ****in god I had a backroom and some experienced team mates to hold my hand!

I love Necro games, they are complex, fun and random. God I love this game :)

Looking forward to modding a couple more next year too. Eastenders and Jurassic Park were great fun too be a part off

Ah yeah thats right, cant remember who got the fake info in that game, they were like an evil seer but only half the info they got was correct. They were playing under Nigel or Derry afaik

Nigel, and iirc it was Beaker playing Loki the fool seer (unknown to him)

Haha we really should set up a Boards WW Wiki page :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

I agree, and you are hired :) You basically know it all anyway. I can rarely remember my own role from games

That would be awesome, we would need a page for each player also to make it more complete. :D

I mean I don't see why we couldn't. MU have their own wikipedia page. They have some cool short set ups that would be good for one nighter or live games there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Think drunk beaker was told you were a wolf, so he thought you were on our team, the other bad team, we were laughing heads of at it, as we firmly believed you were the vig :D

duffman13 wrote: »
    So many good memories, Jafar was the best role ever, such great powers and general mayhem it caused, really loved that game!

TWD was my first game and thank ****in god I had a backroom and some experienced team mates to hold my hand!

I love Necro games, they are complex, fun and random. God I love this game :)

Looking forward to modding a couple more next year too. Eastenders and Jurassic Park were great fun too be a part off

Haha reminds me I almost forgot my poisoned apple mechanic that had people going bananas most of the game in Disney :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

fixxxer wrote: »
    Any games in particular that would be worth a read over?

Eastenders for the infamous "night of reveals". Plus seeing the Mitchell Bros trying to fire a shot off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

quickbeam wrote: »
    Eastenders for the infamous "night of reveals". Plus seeing the Mitchell Bros trying to fire a shot off :)

If that was the game where I was Sk (think in June) that was my favourite moment ever. The one game/time I’m up at 2am engaging in the game (cause I’m on holidays) and hilarity ensues.

I think there was me(sk), wolves and the village seer all having the crack.... oh what a night.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Welp, I've read em all at least twice (outside of the two most recent games)

Highly recommend:

Star Wars
    Walking Dead
    Harry Potter
    Oh and the Valentines Game for flavour.
    Also Father Ted is fun

For one nighter games:
    One Night in Saipan is a good read

So many good games over the two years. I think my favourite was Jurassic Park to play. I also loved doing my Hercules. The frustrating bit about me not being able to get lynched!

I know I modded a few, but I remember one that I had some real gruesome deaths. Not sure what game it was though.

I liked Star Wars, shout out to Grumpy who helped the evils win when she threw someone under a bus. I was an NRV that game till I got converted, loved that!

So many good games over the two years. I think my favourite was Jurassic Park to play. I also loved doing my Hercules. The frustrating bit about me not being able to get lynched!

I know I modded a few, but I remember one that I had some real gruesome deaths. Not sure what game it was though.

I liked Star Wars, shout out to Grumpy who helped the evils win when she threw someone under a bus. I was an NRV that game till I got converted, loved that!

Saipan was the most gruesome deaths apart from Vanillarama 1 :)

And that poor NRV was Molly, I don't think she's over that yet either :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Vanillarama

• Advertisement

Pter wrote: »
    Vanillarama

Was it? I know I had a heavily pregnant woman killed and the baby ripped out her stomach as the opening one. It was one in the last year, thought vanillarama was an early one?

Was it? I know I had a heavily pregnant woman killed and the baby ripped out her stomach as the opening one. It was one in the last year, thought vanillarama was an early one?

Yep, Vanillarama and I think you had it on IPB as well in the game I played :pac:

Then there were the skin strips off the net in the Saipan game!

Oh, I might have been responsible for Saipan as well. Think I did deaths and posted in the back room for them to use.

Poor Molly, sorry if you are reading this lol

Yep, Vanillarama and I think you had it on IPB as well in the game I played :pac:

Then there were the skin strips off the net in the Saipan game!

I really need to go see someone :P

I really need to go see someone

After the Xmas game....

Pter wrote: »
    After the Xmas game....

Oooh I have a few ideas for some deaths for it already :D

Our Trello awaits....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

That was me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

#neverforget.

Although in saying that I am absolutely USELESS at remembering past games. I would appreciate a wiki actually. Or some sort of summary of all the important parts of previous games. One of the mods from each game could write it (or Necro seeing as you seem to have perfect recall)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

sKeith wrote: »
    Think drunk beaker was told you were a wolf, so he thought you were on our team, the other bad team, we were laughing heads of at it, as we firmly believed you were the vig :D

And us trying to bull**** in the backroom, thinking we were getting bull****ted, we were waaaay out :D

Advertisement