Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Today I did something to my bike" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Can't seem to get the G1 manual.
    Here's a link to the complete manual for that G2

Manual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Can't seem to get the G1 manual.
    Here's a link to the complete manual for that G2

Manual

Thanks for that, seems straight forward, the following is the only bit throwing me off, looks like i'll have a fun saturday.
    Auto Learn function
    Unit is pre-programmed to fit most Suzuki GSXR bikes and it works out of the box. However, if
    needed, the unit learns the gear positions automatically. This ensures compatibility with all
    Suzuki EFI bikes.

Thanks for that, seems straight forward, the following is the only bit throwing me off, looks like i'll have a fun saturday.

What could possibly go wrong? Best of luck!:D

The instructions you posted worked :cool:

Good job. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Rare 50mm SilMoto system for my 996.
    Engine build to follow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,275 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Engine build to follow.

This should be good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

Rare 50mm SilMoto system for my 996.
    Engine build to follow.

You need to dismantle the engine to fit an exhaust??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Nope....but having the engine built with some tasty upgrade parts to make more hp and torque

A few cheap but cheerful bits i've added to the bike.

New chain guard cover,Oil cooler cover & radiator cover, cost €60 for the lot.

jqgayq.jpg
    idyqvo.jpg
    28juws4.jpg
    2q16x3d.jpg

Bought these spot lights for the bike, hoping to get them fitted next week, they arrived in the post today which was fantastic considering they came from Greece to my front door in 48 hours.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Hella-Scheinwerfer-Set-mit-Sturzb%C3%BCgel-Halterungen-Suzuki-V-Strom-DL650-1000/273535859916?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Bought these spot lights for the bike, hoping to get them fitted next week, they arrived in the post today which was fantastic considering they came from Greece to my front door in 48 hours.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Hella-Scheinwerfer-Set-mit-Sturzb%C3%BCgel-Halterungen-Suzuki-V-Strom-DL650-1000/273535859916?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Keep us updated on that, I'm interested in adding some to the Deauville for better lighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,485 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Having had PIAA spots on a bike before, I wouldn't go down the halogen spotlight route again. Battery drain is too much, and LEDs have come on in leaps and bounds.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Having had PIAA spots on a bike before, I wouldn't go down the halogen spotlight route again. Battery drain is too much, and LEDs have come on in leaps and bounds.

Yeah..picked up 4 sets of these...125w. ..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2pcs-125W-U5-Motorcycle-Motorbike-Headlight-LED-Fog-Spot-Lights-Bulb-Switch-UK/123457818088?epid=8019421884&hash=item1cbea8cde8:g:fNcAAOSwteFb1v3p&redirect=mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 33,857 ✭✭✭✭listermint

That is incredibly expensive just to get vstrom metal on the side of them......

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/142884813711

These are the same ones. without the vstrom stuff on it.

Made in Germany but sold from India? Probably fake.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I bought hotgrips yesterday in the nec :) hopefully I can fit them at teh weekend to the triumph.

Is it a big job?

All depends how good you are with electrics

Make sure they're fused, and can't be left on when the ignition is off.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

All depends how good you are with electrics

Make sure they're fused, and can't be left on when the ignition is off.

Id be confident enough with electrics I've installed central locking/alarm on the car before.

Cheers I'll make sure I take power from a switched live so

You'll probably need a relay, use the switched live to trigger the relay so you don't overload that circuit. The circuit for the grips then needs its own fuse between the battery and the relay.

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    I bought hotgrips yesterday in the nec :) hopefully I can fit them at teh weekend to the triumph.

Is it a big job?

Did a write up on this when i installed mine

Its picture heavy so give is a second or so to load up

https://www.v-strom.co.uk/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=cl9sd86dlap4c903fepl83q481&topic=25225.msg249768#msg249768

• Advertisement

Made in Germany but sold from India? Probably fake.

highly doubt it, India arent known for their manufacturing prowess in copies. Thats China.

They do however have alot of motorbikes and lower cost of goods.

You have to remember these are merely LED lamps, they arent 350Euro worth of stuff in them. Its a mad price tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I ordered heated grips the other day too, no idea about switched fuses but if they are oxford ones that go to sleep on their own can I just have them directly on the battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

I ordered heated grips the other day too, no idea about switched fuses but if they are oxford ones that go to sleep on their own can I just have them directly on the battery?

Splice the positive with the rear brake light, then they only work with the ignition switched on.

Same as my own, i have the oxford grips wired to the battery and they are fused, as previously mentioned, the glue supplied can be an issue, my left grip is slightly loose already, this is due to the left side being metal whereas the throttle is plastic hence it sticks better.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭carl456

Splice the positive with the rear brake light, then they only work with the ignition switched on.

The brake light? So his hands get toasty when he's slowing down?

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

carl456 wrote: »
    The brake light? So his hands get toasty when he's slowing down?

Your gas. The positive cable going to the rear brake light switch.

Tail light, presuming it's a bike with automatic lights on (ALO) like mine is.

Back when I was in MAG I was at a conference in Brussels (at my own expense) and a representative of Triumph Motorcycles waffled on about how ALO was a good thing, I ripped him a new arsehole because ALO leaves riders stranded at the side of the road if their battery gets low, how's that for safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭Wossack

I wouldn’t mind ALO if there was a bit of smarts to it - ironically, my triumph has stuffed me as above on a couple of occasions. Wish the lights would remain off till the engine is actually running and not as soon as the ignition is turned on

I was only messing, anyway be better to take it off the battery or a relay, an extra 4 amps or so for heated grips through that circuit could cause problems in the future.

• Advertisement

I was only messing, anyway be better to take it off the battery or a relay, an extra 4 amps or so for heated grips through that circuit could cause problems in the future.

Advertisement