Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Beer....... my nervous are shot watching the rugby

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ha , great taste ! I love homemade veg soup too , apart from the courgette , and I've never put it cabbage either , but definitely will try it !

Oh , and I always put in turnip too :)

Yeah, a little bit of cabbage adds an nice green earthiness to balance out the sweet root veg, definitely try it, but just at the end. I think what turned me off cabbage when I was young was that it was overcooked.

Greens at the very end!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

My food is always so simple compared to others here. I had rosemary and garlic roast potatoes, rusted onions, carrots, broccoli and baked beans. It was good though. Followed with a curly wurly and king cheese and onion.

P

It was actually turnip that was the missing thing, I loved veg soup as a kid, but always found my own lacking. Its the turnip and cabbage!

molly09 wrote: »
    My food is always so simple compared to others here. I had rosemary and garlic roast potatoes, rusted onions, carrots, broccoli and baked beans. It was good though. Followed with a curly wurly and king cheese and onion.

P

I always love the simple food more. It somehow feels more grounded and natural. I do love the spices too though...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,019 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Crushed ice fresh fruit smoothie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Ha , great taste ! I love homemade veg soup too , apart from the courgette , and I've never put it cabbage either , but definitely will try it !

Turnip all the way Mam!
    GoneHome wrote: »
    Beer....... my nervous are shot watching the rugby

So were mine! Got there in the end. Wanted to stay in the pub too! Had to go home though. Really wanted more pints and a sloppy takeaway on a Saturday night after hours of jars. Sadly, I can't do it because I'm kinda under orders and have
    to behave otherwise I get a lecture. Sinkin a can of something.:D

EDIT: I haven't been out on a Saturday night in feckin years and I'd love it with a takeaway and a lie on! Feeling cheated yet again, Feeling cheated forever. Mad to break out and do something mad again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Rice Krispies and a cup of tea. It’s a late breakfast today on account of dropping the OH off at the airport

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

In the absence of a ready meal due to the uncoopertive weather, an interesting melange of home made mushy peas, chunk of ham fillet , half a sweet potato and an onion, all in the same pan as too weary to do more.. It was OK ish! Added some concentrated mint sauce to the peas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Tea & Rich Tea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Mcflurry

Temptation was too strong and I have no will power :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Chips and a burger but really want crisps now. Someone needs to do crisps and sweets on just eat.

Chicken stir fry on the menu tonight :)

^Beef stir fry been made here :)

Autosport wrote: »
    ^Beef stir fry been made here :)

Did you velvet the beef before hand?

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Did you velvet the beef before hand?

I sure did

I sure did

Oh I have to get you to cook me a meal.:D

Oh I have to get you to cook me a meal.:D

I’ve already told you I would :D

I’ve already told you I would :D

I know!:D

And I already told you when I can make it and what I'd like. Maybe we'd be better meeting up in McDonald's Kilkenny for your fave and my fave - A Quarter pounder meal - large, Skinny coke and a Donut.:D

I know!:D

And I already told you when I can make it and what I'd like. Maybe we'd be better meeting up in McDonald's Kilkenny for your fave and my fave - A Quarter pounder meal - large, Skinny coke and a Donut.:D

McFlurry on you :D

• Advertisement

McFlurry on you :D

Feck off! Buy your own McFlurry.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Feck off! Buy your own McFlurry.:D

Such a gentleman :D

Such a gentleman :D

But I am!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I had fish with a tomato sauce and steamed veg for dinner but am peckish now so am making homemade herby wedges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Today I had....
    3 rashers, 3 sausages, 2 eggs, mushrooms, beans, 4 toast, lots of tea
    3 ham cheese Tomato onion toasted sambos with a big bag of green Hunky Dorys.
    Lasagne and chips.

In bed now and stomach is rumbling with the hunger.

Nice mug of hot chocolate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Was at a months mind mass for someone today. Tea biscuits cake scones in the village hall after mass. About 20 family and a few friends asked back to the house for a fine dinner of mashed spuds garlic potatoes turnip peas ham and turkey.
    Dessert of apple sponge or tart with ice cream and custard. Tea coffee biscuits. Minerals hard drink and a few hours of chat. Then tea with cold ham fruit cake buns and biscuits. Finished off the night with a packet of crisps and a Boost bar. Im fit for 2 months of hibernation after all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Toast with good Irish butter and home made blackberry jam.. coffee courtesy of Supervalu rich roast ..

plans for today depend on the weather and if there is a lunch club... I think they said they were trying it on Mondays too.....

serendipity

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Speaking of Maccys. My friend used to be a manager there and said there's often problems with chicken problems due to two timers being involved and 1 often being missed/ignored.

Dammit that nuggets are my go to but lately it's not agreeing with me so well :o

Advertisement