Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to rid the world of protesters ?

Options
  • 17-11-2018 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭

I am sick of them. Protests about everything these days. By people so deluded they think they are making a difference. Just go home. Snowflakes are a serious part of the problem, and seem to be the fuel on the fire in the proliferation over the last decade or so.

The price of houses (cop on, and accept the fact that you cannot afford the standard and location of house that you think you are entitled to folks), insurance premiums, judges opinions on court evidence, the environment (REALLY want to do something for it ? Cancel the family holiday flight next year and stay at home), etc, etc.

And the same nonsense every weekend in other modern countries: regretting a decision you made in a referendum (you should have discussed the issue and voted as responsible adults the first time), upset at a rise in fuel prices and the elimination of polluting cars from cities (yet, next weekend you will probably be out marching for clean air), the implementation of migrant policies (by a government you only just elected to do just that), the appointment of a judge (by a President you elected and a legislature you elected to approve them).

Stop with the 'witty' slogans, roll up your flags, wash the paint off your faces and stop looking like junior infants. You live in democratic countries and have various forms of suffrage to determine the governance of your country. Use it correctly, and cut out the group hug nonsense that if you dont like something about the world, if you can just get enough people to walk down a street together or block a bridge, the problem will be cured.
    Am fed up with the lot of you.

How do we rid the world of this scourge ? I am almost torn between organising a march or a rally.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Start a protest.

Do you really want a world where the "powers that be" are in total control and beyond reproach, and no one is allowed to say anything to the contrary!
    Go to North Korea, you'll feel right at home there.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

How do we rid the world of this scourge ? I am almost torn between organising a march or a rally.

Ahh come on. And you were doing so well up until then too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Lost me at 'Snowflakes'.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm glad I live in a country where people can go out and protest. I've marched for SSM and abortion rights, if everyone on those marches over the years did nothing we'd still be waiting for the laws to change. I don't always agree with every march but defend the right of those involved to do it and it's great to see people engage with issues that matter to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I am sick of them. Protests about everything these days. By people so deluded they think they are making a difference. Just go home. Snowflakes are a serious part of the problem, and seem to be the fuel on the fire in the proliferation over the last decade or so.

The price of houses (cop on, and accept the fact that you cannot afford the standard and location of house that you think you are entitled to folks), insurance premiums, judges opinions on court evidence..

The only thing I can conclude here is you want to go back to Medievil times when peasants and women had no rights. The fact is some protests have worked and have made a big difference. Maybe you should read up on what life is like in North Korea

• Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A protest about protesters, interesting.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

People should know better than to take TROL's bait.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

What about the Dublin city marathon?

Won't mention the women's 10k as that would be sexist

kneemos wrote: »
    What about the Dublin city marathon?

Won't mention the women's 10k as that would be sexist
    It's not like either is a protest.

• Advertisement

People should know better than to take TROL's bait.
    Troll or no troll, it's an interesting topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Good concept and well thought out. A bit obvious, but thoroughly decent.

6.5/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Lost me at 'Snowflakes'.

This. Literally stopped reading the second I saw this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

amcalester wrote: »
    Start a protest.

Yeh. My post came with that joke built in.

Am also considering posting about it on an internet forum. At least I am doing my bit.

Do you really want a world where the "powers that be" are in total control and beyond reproach, and no one is allowed to say anything to the contrary!
    Go to North Korea, you'll feel right at home there.

nope

but let them stay the fcuk off the roads when having their morally superior tantrums

It's not like either is a protest.

I know but they're effectively the same thing.

kneemos wrote: »
    I know but they're effectively the same thing.
    No they're not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Protest marches do nothing except screw up the traffic and get people annoyed about what the protesters are marching about, which in turn upsets the protesters that those not protesting don't believe in that topic getting them angry about non protesters.

Best to just stay in bed.

Yeh. My post came with that joke built in.

Am also considering posting about it on an internet forum. At least I am doing my bit.

You don't even have a hashtag. You're never going to change anything without a hashtag.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,258 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Joseph-Stalin-Quotes-4.jpg

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Artillery , I think Ghadaffi used it on protestors , ok it didn't work out well in the end for him ,but the idea was good.

No they're not!

A marathon has the same colour,size,shape and smell as a protest March.
    Only difference is one moves faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

The people who go on protests would run a mile at the idea of running a marathon.

The people who go on protests would run a mile at the idea of running a marathon.

So just tell them to run a marathon 25 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Spleerbun

Fully agree about the marathons. Either go to a park or do it in the middle of the night or something, rather than inconvenience everyone else on their bank holiday weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Communism was always an effective form of government for quelling protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

What do we want!?
    No more protests!
    When do we want it!?
    Now!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Communism was always an effective form of government for quelling protest.

Tanks and Siberian work camps worker well until the fall of the Berlin wall,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

You have the democratic right to protest according the left if you're protesting about gender issues, housing issues, discrimination issues, abortion issues etc. But it's not at all okay if you want to protest against immigration issues, refugee issues or Islam issues as you're a sick racist nazi if you do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

nope

but let them stay the fcuk off the roads when having their morally superior tantrums

Indeed yes. and I would thin k a large proportion have no idea what the protest is about, just joining in for the ....fun..

Advertisement