Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I agree with the polite and firm tactic but when you have a watch up for €1500 and a fella offers €300 because it’s a bit knackered and need a lot of work and there’s no box or papers it’s hard not to be annoyed, and it ruins the advert too.
    Adverts is a strange place to sell until you get used to it.

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 65,056 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I get a lot more annoyed when you have accepted someone's offer, PMd them your personal details and then you never hear from them again (even though you can see they have been online). Out of principle I give them negative feedback.

unkel wrote: »
    I get a lot more annoyed when you have accepted someone's offer, PMd them your personal details and then you never hear from them again (even though you can see they have been online). Out of principle I give them negative feedback.

I was doing that for a while and I was encountering revenge comments
    I’m not sure why people close a deal and exchange details only to vanish into thin air

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I was doing that for a while and I was encountering revenge comments
    I’m not sure why people close a deal and exchange details only to vanish into thin air

If you leave bad feedback, immediately go to their last comment and report it and block them, then they cannot leave feedback for you. Be fast.

I find on adverts to have to judge the person not the offer, if somebody offers a real low ball, ask to take it to PM and see whats what. The offer, cancellation of the offer and still for sale post is a few free bumps. I find that most of the time I have a item not shifting, I have overpriced it.

Sometimes when I am buying off adverts I do offer low balls, the response give you a good idea of the sellers temperament and their openness to haggling.

If you leave bad feedback, immediately go to their last comment and report it and block them, then they cannot leave feedback for you. Be fast.

Yes I know about that and I had over 100 people on a block list for various reasons, people just use another account or create a new one
    I don’t bother leaving negatives or rising to trolls or time wasters anymore it’s not worth the hassle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Personally couldn't be arsed leaving poor feedback when a buyer pulls out. Purchaser is entitled to change their mind, once I haven't been inconvenienced or they didn't spend too long thinking about it before withdrawing I'm ok with that. Its not like I've lost a listing fee.

What piss*'s me off is when a buyer drives down your price with a slew of critical questions, makes a low ball offer and then either doesn't complete or disappears. Tons of idiots on Adverts etc.

On a similar vein an Italian friend of mine was selling ex pro tour bicycles in Ireland and gave it up because of the dealings he had in the Irish market, he reckoned we just wanted everything for nothing in comparison to the UK market where there was less haggling, buyers went through on purchases etc.

AmberGold wrote: »
    Purchaser is entitled to change their mind

Purchaser is entitled to change their mind and they can withdraw their offer at anytime.

Until the offer is accepted. Then the deal is done.

You can't have a working model without rules like that. If you click "buy" on eBay, you have to buy. Or you face the consequences / a ban.

Buyers can change their mind and that’s fine as long as they explain, when a deal is done and payment info has been given and they ghost you completely it’s very frustrating to say the least
    I think people are bored tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

Anyone any idea why that Rolex Explorer ii is not shifting on Adverts? €3900 is much cheaper than anywhere else.

Breitling windrider wings automatic just back from a service and up for sale here for €1200, stunning blue dial and a lovely piece to wear but time to move it along now.
    For more info or pics just drop me a pm and i will be happy to help, i will be listing the watch on adverts in a few days and i will update a link here, and then all communication will be on adverts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Lovely Tag Monza. Original crocodile strap. Box and Papers (which I'll take pics of later on if I get a PM of interest). Have it less than a year and was bought brand new. Am in Blackrock / Stillorgan area of Dublin and can also meet in Park West, near where I work.

Hi. Available for a special boardsie price. PM if genuinely interested. Thanks.

Please don't shoot me but i've another tag for sale :D
    i just cant help buying them lol

TAG Heuer INDY 500 with a discount for a fellow boards user

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/tag-heuer-formula-1-indy-500-chronograph-cau1113-gents-watch-mens/16760240

Breitling windrider wings automatic just back from a service and up for sale here for €1200, stunning blue dial and a lovely piece to wear but time to move it along now.
    For more info or pics just drop me a pm and i will be happy to help, i will be listing the watch on adverts in a few days and i will update a link here, and then all communication will be on adverts

Windrider is up on adverts now

https://www.adverts.ie/16762500

Windrider on adverts now !! How long before an offer to swap for a loaf of bread comes in :D

My adds lad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,817 ✭✭✭893bet

unkel wrote: »
    My adds lad

Have you got the original purchase receipt? (Saw this asked for a 1980’s Rolex recently.....).

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Not the proper place to post this here but I am in London for a few days and was in bag holding duties in a shopping centre and I was amazed to see a used Rolex for nearly 11 grand sterling. On next floor a new one for 28 grand. Was gob smacked!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,243 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

And shockingly I am not bonding with an impulse purchase. I'm an idiot.

30984611687_0ee035b209.jpg

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/iwc-aquatimer-2000/16804224

Just looking for what I paid for it, but have added the usual haggle premium to the adverts price, so let me know if you're interested and I am sure we can work something out.

Eoin wrote: »
    And shockingly I am not bonding with an impulse purchase. I'm an idiot.

30984611687_0ee035b209.jpg

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/iwc-aquatimer-2000/16804224

Just looking for what I paid for it, but have added the usual haggle premium to the adverts price, so let me know if you're interested and I am sure we can work something out.

Adverts.ie: "Cash plus a week old granny smith?"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,243 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

oh, just give it 5 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thelizardking1

Speedie Triple date up for sale/trade.

Better price for a boardsie of course. PM me if you're interested or if you have something to trade.

https://www.adverts.ie/dress/omega-speedmaster-triple-date-3523-30/16804987

HVNkTkL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Speedie Triple date up for sale/trade.

Better price for a boardsie of course. PM me if you're interested or if you have something to trade.

https://www.adverts.ie/dress/omega-speedmaster-triple-date-3523-30/16804987

HVNkTkL

Dang, I do like that.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Dang, I do like that.

It likes you too. You should buy it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

It likes you too. You should buy it :D

I also like Bugatti Veyrons. While not an apt comparison...shut up!:pac::D

Hi folks,

Does anyone have experience selling watches in Powerscourt Townhouse in Dublin?

Hi folks,

Does anyone have experience selling watches in Powerscourt Townhouse in Dublin?

Do you mean do we have experience selling watches to the people that sell watches Powerscourt Townhouse

Or

Do the people that sell watches in Powerscourt Townhouse have any experience?

Do you mean do we have experience selling watches to the people that sell watches Powerscourt Townhouse

Or

Do the people that sell watches in Powerscourt Townhouse have any experience?

the former...
    Just thinking I might see if they low ball or what's the consensus? One or 2 open till 7 this evening and I'll be passing shortly.

the former...
    Just thinking I might see if they low ball or what's the consensus? One or 2 open till 7 this evening and I'll be passing shortly.

so you are planning to take your watches to the jewellers in the shopping centre ?

so you are planning to take your watches to the jewellers in the shopping centre ?

Yes?

Yes?

that would honestly be the last chance saloon for me, ive seen how little people have been offered for good quality gear in the past in jewellers and pawnbrokers and it would make your eyes water.
    I know someone that was offered €11k for a sub from watchfinder and when he landed in the shop in canary wharf they beat him down to €9k :(
    Try it by all means but just dont get offended by what they offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Just remember it's not personal - for them it's purely business - can they turn around and make a profit on your goods (while paying for staff/electricity/rent etc.) while taking the risk that the stock doesn't shift in good time.

Advertisement