Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,284 ✭✭✭Homer

Have a look on watchrecon and completed listings on eBay etc for an average sale price. As previously said (and it could just be a bad photo) but yours looks pretty marked which will ultimately affect price.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,081 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Edited above to 700.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Nice watch. But do tags scratch up more easily than other models?

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

beertons wrote: »
    Edited above to 700.

It'll shift fairly lively at 450 I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

How much was a service on one of those Tags out of interest? I'm not in Ireland but one for sale local to me that is 10 years old but unmarked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

fat bloke wrote: »
    Nice watch. But do tags scratch up more easily than other models?

No they don’t it just depends on who’s wearing them tbh, I was helping a mate do a patio and he was wearing a 2 month old ceramic aquaracer shovelling sand into a mixer, I was cringing watching him.
    Personally I put on a watch walking out the door and take it off when I’m back and wouldn’t even wash my hands with it on, they are normally mint when I sell them on.
    The aquaracer above is in fairly poor condition some of those marks won’t come out and price for selling is more like €500 on a good day
    Probably better off keeping it or sticking a new bezel on

The internet isn’t for everyone

I never took mine off in 6 or so years, bar getting it down to watchrepairs for a new battery. When I got it back from Tag the last time it was serviced, I just stopped wearing it.

Personally I would keep it, the marks wouldn’t even be noticed on the wrist but buyers can be a picky bunch

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Personally I would keep it, the marks wouldn’t even be noticed on the wrist but buyers can be a picky bunch

As someone who has had over 100 stitches I can say that marks tell a story and add to the personal value but only to the person who was there when the mark was put there.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

How much was a service on one of those Tags out of interest? I'm not in Ireland but one for sale local to me that is 10 years old but unmarked

I was looking into getting an automatic Chronograph service and was quoted £350 - £400 from Tag Heuer in Manchester. This does not include a refurb and polish which would be even more expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

oxocube wrote: »
    I was looking into getting an automatic Chronograph service and was quoted £350 - £400 from Tag Heuer in Manchester. This does not include a refurb and polish which would be even more expensive.

Ouch - might go for new then, thanks

It'll shift fairly lively at 450 I would say

Price agreed on 450. You were right.

Price agreed on 450. You were right.

Where did you sell it ?
    I was expecting it to pop up on adverts

Where did you sell it ?
    I was expecting it to pop up on adverts

Have to do a bit of a search on the buyer, see if their legit. Chrono24. Couldn't be dealing with adverts, swap for a Mars bar and a Nokia 3210...

Have to do a bit of a search on the buyer, see if their legit. Chrono24. Couldn't be dealing with adverts, swap for a Mars bar and a Nokia 3210...

Some pikeys out there on Adverts. Selling few bits on it myself. Lads telling ya they'd get something for €X brand-new elsewhere (phone, watch, ps4)...turns out the else where is a dodgy website or a friend of their work colleague or something. Obsessing over 'box and papers' too using lack of same as a licence to berate you for not selling to them at a 40% discount!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

It's an awful PITA, but it is free. When you take into account Chrono's commission and that it can be awkward shipping watches internationally, it's probably worth a punt.

Eoin wrote: »
    It's an awful PITA, but it is free. When you take into account Chrono's commission and that it can be awkward shipping watches internationally, it's probably worth a punt.

Adverts isn’t too bad as long as you take every offer with a pinch of salt and don’t get offended with stupid offers or swaps for bags of chips lol
    I was put off chrono24 with the thoughts of sending watches to far flung countries like Nigeria or even Italy who are well known for a crap postal system, if it could be just Ireland and uk then I would use chrono24 for sure.
    Uk eBay isn’t a bad option either as they are offering zero commission on sales at the moment, and there’s always the option of selling here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,223 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Despite its drawbacks, I like adverts.ie

People come to your home to collect the item. They can test it and be 100% satisfied when they buy it. The reputation of buyers and sellers is also something I feel I can rely on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I have well over 100 transactions on adverts, not one with any problems.

I have well over 100 transactions on adverts, not one with any problems.

i have been selling watches for a few years now and at one point my blacklist was up to 70 members, the amount of low ballers are unreal and then you have people that exchange messages and details and then vanish and dont pay, but ive sold loads of bits and met some really nice buyers and i have a few repeat buyers now too

• Advertisement

i have been selling watches for a few years now and at one point my blacklist was up to 70 members, the amount of low ballers are unreal and then you have people that exchange messages and details and then vanish and dont pay, but ive sold loads of bits and met some really nice buyers and i have a few repeat buyers now too

Can't for the life of me see the 'Report Ad' button - has it been taken away? Some gaowl after wrecking me thread.

I was hoping you wouldn't say Italy. That's where she's from.

If you want comments removed from you listing then to the right of where the comment is there are three dots, click on this and report comment will come up and then you can get the comment removed and block the person and leave a message for adverts moderators is you would like them to clean up the listing too.
    Adverts moderators are very helpful tbh

If you want comments removed from you listing then to the right of where the comment is there are three dots, click on this and report comment will come up and then you can get the comment removed and block the person and leave a message for adverts moderators is you would like them to clean up the listing too.
    Adverts moderators are very helpful tbh

There's not 3 dots that I can see at the minute...maybe they're working on a new build or something.

I was hoping you wouldn't say Italy. That's where she's from.

Oh that’s one of the places I wouldn’t post to tbh considering you can’t post watches via an post outside of Ireland, it’s not normally a problem but if they go missing then you can’t claim

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Adverts isn’t too bad as long as you take every offer with a pinch of salt and don’t get offended with stupid offers or swaps for bags of chips lol
    I was put off chrono24 with the thoughts of sending watches to far flung countries like Nigeria or even Italy who are well known for a crap postal system, if it could be just Ireland and uk then I would use chrono24 for sure.
    Uk eBay isn’t a bad option either as they are offering zero commission on sales at the moment, and there’s always the option of selling here too.

Exactly, you just need a bit of patience. And unless you have a fixed price on Chrono, you can get some crazy lowball offers there too.

There's not 3 dots that I can see at the minute...maybe they're working on a new build or something.

Sorry - you meant on the App I take it. Yes I see that now. Thanks a mill.

Sorry - you meant on the App I take it. Yes I see that now. Thanks a mill.

Yes sorry I should have said on the app

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Low ballers are easy to deal with, just say no thanks and dont engage. Too many sellers take it all so personally. I like low ballers, they bump your ad up the rankings and often get the watchers off the fence.

I found that if I am obnoxiously polite and helpful you cannot go wrong. I will not however sell to anyone with more than 1 or 2 bad reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Spocker

Low ballers are easy to deal with, just say no thanks and dont engage. Too many sellers take it all so personally. I like low ballers, they bump your ad up the rankings and often get the watchers off the fence.

I found that if I am obnoxiously polite and helpful you cannot go wrong. I will not however sell to anyone with more than 1 or 2 bad reviews.

I see that a lot, where folks take it personally and get upset. Your approach is the right one, polite but firm, and things will work out ok.

My advice is be prepared to haggle, and you'll get the buy/sale - theres far too many people who are emotionally attached to the price they originally paid for something, and then end up stuck with it for ages, instead of bending just a bit, and closing the sale :)

Advertisement