Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greatest Movie Scene?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Gene Wilder's scene at the end of Willy Wonka and Chocolate Factory when he goes mental at Grandpa Joe and Charlie in his office. One scene always stood with me don't know why fine piece of acting.

another one for me in terms of how it made me feel.....

The opening Krypton scene in superman 1. Still amazing to watch! GUILTY!! GULITY!! the music is amazing in and of itself. I just can't fault it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_6A80nnQV4

Not a spot of CGI really and it still stands up.

also that first time you really see superman!! "SAY JIM"!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Joe Dixon

Maybe i'm soft but when Matt Dillon pulls Tandie Newton from the car in Crash.
    Then of course there's the invisible cloak..

Yea, i'm probably soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Rebel_Kn1ght

petes wrote: »

Was going to post this, Hopper and Walker were immense in that scene and the music was perfect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

Hands down this scene

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Pink Floyd The Wall, the full movie

I've astounded more people (Wall virgins) by sitting them down, saying nothing, just playing with full surround sound and letting them sit there with dropped jaw.
    More people than what? People who haven't watched music video DVDs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Another huge fan of Jaws here, I think it’s probably my favourite movie. And the father/son scene is just perfection .

https://youtu.be/5AiYQtzRD8w

My other favorite small moment is when the fishermen are all gathered on the peer causing complete mayhem due to Mrs Kintner's handsome bounty for the shark. Brody is in the hut on the phone stressed out of his head trying to call in back up to deal with the influx and he spots deputy Hendricks outside standing there like an absolute eejit taking it all in. He grabs some trash and flings it at the window to get his attention so he can help him out but Hendricks responds with a dopey wave at Brody completely oblivious to what's going on. That always cracks me up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭al87987

Either of the final two fight scenes in The Raid or The Raid 2.

Ridiculous camera work and choreography.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

I should narrow the question down, a film you'd re-watch just for one scene, one where the hairs on your neck stand up every time? To top the first two films (arguably making it the most perfect cinematic trilogy ever) was an achievement in itself, it also contains one of film's greatest moments.... the Ride of the Rohirrim:

https://youtu.be/vmuT8UeTk4s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    More people than what? People who haven't watched music video DVDs?

Wall virgins, as in those who haven't watched the movie. Yes it's a full feature length movie that has actors (Bob Geldof main) and tells a story (incidentally directed by the same guy who made the Commitments and Angels Ashes). Watch it if you've never seen it, trust me it's an experience. Surround sound is a must.

Pink Floyd: The Wall
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084503/

valoren wrote: »
    My other favorite small moment is when the fishermen are all gathered on the peer causing complete mayhem due to Mrs Kintner's handsome bounty for the shark. Brody is in the hut on the phone stressed out of his head trying to call in back up to deal with the influx and he spots deputy Hendricks outside standing there like an absolute eejit taking it all in. He grabs some trash and flings it at the window to get his attention so he can help him out but Hendricks responds with a dopey wave at Brody completely oblivious to what's going on. That always cracks me up :D

"so my husband tells me you're in sharks":D:D

I love how she breaks the awkward silence.. it's just perfection.
    I actually like the portion of the film on amity...when they go out to sea to music it's great and all but the first hour for me is perfection.
    Maybe we should set up a Jaws appreciation thread...sorry folk for hijacking this one, it's rare I get to channel my inner geek in such a way!

valoren wrote: »

dreyfuss career-best turn is full of great little moments. his argument with the mayor under the sign is a fantastically performed piece

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

humberklog wrote: »

Best thing put on celluloid, ever IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

I'll raise the OUATITW opening scene with one of the last scenes;

Thats the winner!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

delighted to see no clichés like frankly my dear, bond, james bond, rosebud, all that shyte… good in their own way but not as deserving as some might have you believe.

I agree with the true romance scene too, brilliant.

I would also put another one up there...….which I overlooked...

What did miggs say to you, multiple miggs in the next cell, he hissed at you, what did he say"!!!!

amazing scene!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭tommybrees

That last Darth Vader scene from Rogue One was jaw dropping

• Advertisement

rusty cole wrote: »
    delighted to see no clichés like frankly my dear, bond, james bond, rosebud, all that shyte… good in their own way but not as deserving as some might have you believe.

I agree with the true romance scene too, brilliant.

I would also put another one up there...….which I overlooked...

What did miggs say to you, multiple miggs in the next cell, he hissed at you, what did he say"!!!!

amazing scene!

... "I myself cannot.....". Scared me for a month that film!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Some cracking ones listed. These are some of my favorites

Luke defeats Vader
    `

Opening scene of Conan, what a soundtrack!

Bruce escapes from the Cave TDKR

The Raid 2 Kitchen fight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭LCD

Not the greatest scene but definitely up there. From Rush, an incredibly underrated movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz-HUPQ-a_c

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Can't believe this wasn't the first one I put in the thread actually.

Scares the shít out of me

callaway92 wrote: »
    Can't believe this wasn't the first one I put in the thread actually.

Scares the shít out of me

Yeah switched that off after 1.32!!!!! I'd like to sleep again at some point!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

The entire film ... /thread!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Hard to pick one, and this has most likely already posted, but it is a classic.

also the final reveal scene...

"I tried to live the life of a simple man, it didn't work out"!!

jesus what a scene. anyone??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭ollkiller

[PHP][/PHP]
    LCD wrote: »
    Not the greatest scene but definitely up there. From Rush, an incredibly underrated movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz-HUPQ-a_c

Fantastic scene and you're right, very underrated moved. An absolute joy to watch, fantastic cinematography and a great story. The actor playing Niki Lauda was fantastic.

Advertisement