Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2018 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cob16

Don't fret immediately. It's all positive marking so only what you get right will count so if you reach the set pass mark within the questions that you have answered then you'll be fine.

Thankyou. Hopefully the rest is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭E18

Good luck Cob16

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tceuen28t

E18 wrote: »
    Well that is me for sure out of this years campaign.
    I just know myself I haven't got enough correct to pass, as negative as this sounds i'm just being realistic.
    Always next year, good luck to everyone still to complete it and I hope you all do very well.

I have been thinking the same about myself on this one but fingers crossed, hate that we have to wait so long to find out.. anyone know the pass rate marks??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

tceuen28t wrote: »
    I have been thinking the same about myself on this one but fingers crossed, hate that we have to wait so long to find out.. anyone know the pass rate marks??
    Last year it was pretty high, you had to score around the mid 30s to pass. Although that could change this year depending on people’s scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Aimforstars

Last year it was pretty high, you had to score around the mid 30s to pass. Although that could change this year depending on people’s scores.

What was the test out of? I am usually quite confident waiting for exam marks but this time I am actually nervous in the long wait.

• Advertisement

What was the test out of? I am usually quite confident waiting for exam marks but this time I am actually nervous in the long wait.

wondering how its going to be marked, im the same I think the wait makes it worse! anyone applied before?

I don’t think I can mention the exact number of questions due to the confidentiality agreement but percentage wise it was around 75% correct to pass the IST. There is no negative marking on the exam so I wouldn’t worry about that. Depending on the scores from candidates this year the pass mark could either decrease or increase.

I'm taking it that you need to get both the most effective and least effective answers correct in order to pass that question? If you get one wrong you get both wrong? Don't even know why I'm asking as I know verbal reasoning caught me out big time but was thinking I wonder how they would mark the sjt part.. would it be 2 marks for each question or just get it all right or you're marked wrong!

E18 wrote: »
    I'm taking it that you need to get both the most effective and least effective answers correct in order to pass that question? If you get one wrong you get both wrong? Don't even know why I'm asking as I know verbal reasoning caught me out big time but was thinking I wonder how they would mark the sjt part.. would it be 2 marks for each question or just get it all right or you're marked wrong!

The SJT is 2 marks for each question.

Ohh... Interesting....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 wonkyempresso

anyone do the ist last year? how did it compare to this year's? not confident in how I got on but I've heard people saying it was harder than last year's.

anyone do the ist last year? how did it compare to this year's? not confident in how I got on but I've heard people saying it was harder than last year's.

I did the IST last year, I felt that they were both as equally as hard as each other. Try not to worry about your performance too much. Last year I was certain I failed and I managed a pass. The IST is really hard to judge. Good luck !

few of my friends are students now, some have finished and graduated already although they said it was similar but they couldn't remember specific questions... think its all in and around the same really!

next assessment will be the test for me if I get that far ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 4wesome5auce

Just did mine after a long time of putting it off! Did the IST last year and thought they were both equally challenging, but I missed out by two marks last year, so hopefully I've done alright this time round

Just did mine after a long time of putting it off! Did the IST last year and thought they were both equally challenging, but I missed out by two marks last year, so hopefully I've done alright this time round

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Guys thankfully I've been given another chance to resist the assessment online.. here's hope my laptop doesn't fail again.. best of luck to those who's sat it..

Ciano1997 wrote: »
    Guys thankfully I've been given another chance to resist the assessment online.. here's hope my laptop doesn't fail again.. best of luck to those who's sat it..

goodluck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭JJss1988

Hi all.....during my test tonight I was on the last question of the verbal reasoning part and was told I ran out of time and directed to the completed screen.
    The guidance notes says partially completed IST will not be accepted.
    Does this mean I’m out?
    I know earlier it was mentioned that scores are calculated from what questions are completed.
    I’m slightly confused now

JJss1988 wrote: »
    Hi all.....during my test tonight I was on the last question of the verbal reasoning part and was told I ran out of time and directed to the completed screen.
    The guidance notes says partially completed IST will not be accepted.
    Does this mean I’m out?
    I know earlier it was mentioned that scores are calculated from what questions are completed.
    I’m slightly confused now

It's positive marking so I think as long as you make up the marks on the other parts you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭JJss1988

It's positive marking so I think as long as you make up the marks on the other parts you'll be fine.

That’s good to know then thanks.
    I was on the last question anyway so hopefully it works out ok

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

That's the IST done now I found it to be similar in difficulty to last year's. I thought that the SJT was more difficult than the Verbal Reasoning. I did do a lot worse in the SJT last year so hopefully I have improved there, I'll just have to wait till the 13th December to find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 4wesome5auce

NornIron74 wrote: »
    That's the IST done now I found it to be similar in difficulty to last year's. I thought that the SJT was more difficult than the Verbal Reasoning. I did do a lot worse in the SJT last year so hopefully I have improved there, I'll just have to wait till the 13th December to find out.

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Best of luck!

Thanks, all the best for you too. Hope to see you at the AC.

Is anyone else reading up on past campaigns? I think I want to join even more than I did when I applied. There's so many steps and barriers but with some preparation I hope to do it.

Additionally it seems like results are usually delayed. Ist testing is almost closed so hopefully there'll be no issues.

Anyone nervous in anticipation already? I'm so curious as to how I've done.

Is anyone else reading up on past campaigns? I think I want to join even more than I did when I applied. There's so many steps and barriers but with some preparation I hope to do it.

Additionally it seems like results are usually delayed. Ist testing is almost closed so hopefully there'll be no issues.

Anyone nervous in anticipation already? I'm so curious as to how I've done.
    I think I’ve read most threads on here a thousand times over lol. The wait is agonising however it seems this year the IST has had no issues so hopefully by the 13th we will know our fate.

More attempts to attack on psni. Ak47s and pipe bombs and weapons found. Big news item on utv. Do you think this will put many off?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tubes46

Has anyone completed IST and at a later time acessed the link again? Just asking out of curiosity as i was able to log in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

finished the IST there myself also, ran out of time on the very last question also, hopefully i done enough anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Guys, what's the deadline for completion of the IST.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 janedoe8

Ciano1997 wrote: »
    Guys, what's the deadline for completion of the IST.

Tuesday 20th November at noon

Advertisement