Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

2018 Campaign

145791079

Comments



  • Completely agree mate, the one thing I’d stress to people doing their exam is be aware of time when completing the exam. The amount of people that ran out of time and then feel just short of a pass last year was high. It’s okay being able to answer the questions but being able to do it under pressure and quickly is another struggle.




  • Thanks Bluecop8790,

    I've been reading through 1710 campaign thread, can't believe it's now our turn. 

    Will keep that in mind, thank you. The ones I have found online are timed but i'm sure its maybe a different duration for the PSNI one, all we can do is keep practising and hope for the best!

    Would really love a shot at the AC so finGers crossing everything to scrape through the IST.




  • Some advice for the IST, i successfully passed it last year on my first go by a good bit so if i can pass on some pointers to help i would be honored
    Keep a time on your phone of how long you have left(it really helps)
    Get into a mindset of how to answer the questions (keep doing practice questions over and over trust me it helps alot, you will get faster and an eye for the right thing to answer.
    Stay focused and calm ( i would recommend a red bull if you are able to take it!
    dont lose concentration, there's no reason why you cant finish the IST within the time frame




  • Just out of curiosity, did any boardies attend the coaching class for the IST?




  • Just out of curiosity, did any boardies attend the coaching class for the IST?

    I didn't as I didn't know about them until I passed the IST. What I will say is that the AC coaching I went on was worth the money and it gave me a different angle on how to approach certain tasks in the AC itself. If you feel it would help if say do it.


  • Advertisement


  • Ze0tech wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, did any boardies attend the coaching class for the IST?

    I didn't as I didn't know about them until I passed the IST. What I will say is that the AC coaching I went on was worth the money and it gave me a different angle on how to approach certain tasks in the AC itself. If you feel it would help if say do it.
    I passed the IST last year myself but decided to attend the one today just to refresh my memory and help me improve on my mark. In my opinion I think it was pretty beneficial. I would recommend them to others looking for some extra tips and advice.




  • KN1231999 wrote: »
    Some advice for the IST, i successfully passed it last year on my first go by a good bit so if i can pass on some pointers to help i would be honored
    Keep a time on your phone of how long you have left(it really helps)
    Get into a mindset of how to answer the questions (keep doing practice questions over and over trust me it helps alot, you will get faster and an eye for the right thing to answer.
    Stay focused and calm ( i would recommend a red bull if you are able to take it!
    dont lose concentration, there's  no reason why you cant finish the IST within the time frame
    Really appreciate that, thank you.

    Just finished reading last campaigns full thread.. what a rollercoaster.
    Looking forward to getting on this rollercoaster with you all.. reading about the fitness test i'm gonna have to get my butt into gear ( but thats even wishful thinking to get that far.. this IST has me doubting i'm gonna get past it!) 

    Good luck everyone, are some of you waiting it out still for last campaign also?




  • Lockie101 wrote: »
    Hey everyone! This is our year! I can’t remember when I last spoke to everyone but in less than 2 weeks I get a contract from the MDP and still am completely undecided if it is actually something I want to pursue

    MDP looks good...I had thought about it myself a few years ago but didn't apply. How was your assessment for that?




  • Hey,
    Just joining this site, a serving PC actually told me about it as I was talking to him and his partner about applying.

    Like a lot here this isn't my first time applying, I last applied in 2015 and failed the AC, had absolutely no idea what iw as doing, so hoping to improve upon that!




  • djs1990 wrote: »
    Hey,
    Just joining this site, a serving PC actually told me about it as I was talking to him and his partner about applying.

    Like a lot here this isn't my first time applying, I last applied in 2015 and failed the AC, had absolutely no idea what iw as doing, so hoping to improve upon that!
    Good luck and welcome to the boards.
    Was the Ist performed online back in 2015 also?


  • Advertisement


  • Does anyone know which test publisher Deloitte uses for the IST? It would be handy to know the particular style of test they use etc




  • janedoe8 wrote: »
    Does anyone know which test publisher Deloitte uses for the IST? It would be handy to know the particular style of test they use etc

    Got an email from them saying that they make their own tests. Great! Lol




  • E18 wrote: »
    djs1990 wrote: »
    Hey,
    Just joining this site, a serving PC actually told me about it as I was talking to him and his partner about applying.

    Like a lot here this isn't my first time applying, I last applied in 2015 and failed the AC, had absolutely no idea what iw as doing, so hoping to improve upon that!
    Good luck and welcome to the boards.
    Was the Ist performed online back in 2015 also?

    Hi E18,

    It was yea, same process as it is at the moment, you do it online then again at the AC, had a quick check of my emails and really happy to see I have my feedback from it.

    If you're wondering the feedback isn't tailored to you individually, just gives you your result and the pretext of what you were actually doing, a good memory refresh!




  • djs1990 wrote: »
    E18 wrote: »
    djs1990 wrote: »
    Hey,
    Just joining this site, a serving PC actually told me about it as I was talking to him and his partner about applying.

    Like a lot here this isn't my first time applying, I last applied in 2015 and failed the AC, had absolutely no idea what iw as doing, so hoping to improve upon that!
    Good luck and welcome to the boards.
    Was the Ist performed online back in 2015 also?

    Hi E18,

    It was yea, same process as it is at the moment, you do it online then again at the AC, had a quick check of my emails and really happy to see I have my feedback from it.

    If you're wondering the feedback isn't tailored to you individually, just gives you your result and the pretext of what you were actually doing, a good memory refresh!
    Aw great, I'm sure you will do just as well then in your IST this time as you did back in 2015. 
    I think I have exhausted the google freebie links! Maybe I should just keep going over them.




  • djs1990 wrote: »
    Hi E18,

    It was yea, same process as it is at the moment, you do it online then again at the AC, had a quick check of my emails and really happy to see I have my feedback from it.

    If you're wondering the feedback isn't tailored to you individually, just gives you your result and the pretext of what you were actually doing, a good memory refresh!

    It was still the data card test in 2015 as it was marked out of 75!




  • And it wasn't online. You had to go to a test centre for it.




  • Ze0tech wrote: »
    djs1990 wrote: »
    Hi E18,

    It was yea, same process as it is at the moment, you do it online then again at the AC, had a quick check of my emails and really happy to see I have my feedback from it.

    If you're wondering the feedback isn't tailored to you individually, just gives you your result and the pretext of what you were actually doing, a good memory refresh!

    It was still the data card test in 2015 as it was marked out of 75!
    Actually, you're right, my bad :O, sorry!

    However there was also parts of the test done online, perhaps it was just the SJT or the verbal reasoning test, it was again tested at the AC.
    The data card test was just done at the AC...if my memory serves me correctly.....which it already hasn't :blush:, although I do remember it being particularly difficult.

    Yea apologies for getting it wrong, clearly my memory doesn't stretch back perfectly 3 years ago :blush:




  • djs1990 wrote: »
    Actually, you're right, my bad :O, sorry!

    However there was also parts of the test done online, perhaps it was just the SJT or the verbal reasoning test, it was again tested at the AC.
    The data card test was just done at the AC...if my memory serves me correctly.....which it already hasn't :blush:, although I do remember it being particularly difficult.

    Yea apologies for getting it wrong, clearly my memory doesn't stretch back perfectly 3 years ago :blush:

    There were no parts online back then. Only the primary application was.




  • Ze0tech wrote: »
    djs1990 wrote: »
    Actually, you're right, my bad :O, sorry!

    However there was also parts of the test done online, perhaps it was just the SJT or the verbal reasoning test, it was again tested at the AC.
    The data card test was just done at the AC...if my memory serves me correctly.....which it already hasn't :blush:, although I do remember it being particularly difficult.

    Yea apologies for getting it wrong, clearly my memory doesn't stretch back perfectly 3 years ago :blush:

    There were no parts online back then. Only the primary application was.
    Then I'm completely confused cause I did some online....

    I did do a fair few assessment centres that year as I had just graduated university....

    Feel like it'll be best for me to just keep my mouth shut at this point as I'm must be mixing the PSNI recruitment with other company's recruitment.

    Least I have the emails...I definitely applied for the post before, clearly I have very limited memory of it :ermm:




  • Lol. Never worry. Good luck for the IST!!!


  • Advertisement


  • Hi everyone, i'm on the current ML for 1710 campaign but decided to apply for this round just as a back up, incase they don't exhaust the 1710 merit list. Really don't fancy doing the AC again LOL




  • Hi everyone, i'm on the current ML for 1710 campaign but decided to apply for this round just as a back up, incase they don't exhaust the 1710 merit list. Really don't fancy doing the AC again LOL




  • Hi everyone, i'm on the current ML for 1710 campaign but decided to apply for this round just as a back up, incase they don't exhaust the 1710 merit list. Really don't fancy doing the AC again LOL




  • Hi everyone, i'm on the current ML for 1710 campaign but decided to apply for this round just as a back up, incase they don't exhaust the 1710 merit list. Really don't fancy doing the AC again LOL

    What bracket on the 1710 ML are you in? I'm in the same boat but hopeful for both.




  • I’m 690-700 I’ve received an email last week saying I’ll be progressing to the PSNI managed stages but still waiting for a PCA date. It’s a weird area of the ML to be in, I get the feeling I could just scrape into one of the last intakes or I could still be binned, who knows.




  • I’m 690-700 I’ve received an email last week saying I’ll be progressing to the PSNI managed stages but still waiting for a PCA date. It’s a weird area of the ML to be in, I get the feeling I could just scrape into one of the last intakes or I could still be binned, who knows.

    I'm between 710 and 740 myself. I'm remaining hopeful however from what I've read in the other forums I'm optimistic about this ml position. ML for 1710 didn't come out until June and I'm hoping that we're appointed by that time this year 8f you get me.




  • ill feel better once I get a PCA date, I feel they will be less inclined to bin me if they’ve spent money and resources putting through the psni stages LOL




  • Njim91 wrote: »
    I'm between 710 and 740 myself. I'm remaining hopeful however from what I've read in the other forums I'm optimistic about this ml position. ML for 1710 didn't come out until June and I'm hoping that we're appointed by that time this year 8f you get me.

    Or at least appointable :D




  • ill feel better once I get a PCA date, I feel they will be less inclined to bin me if they’ve spent money and resources putting through the psni stages LOL

    Fair point. If one looks at how long it took for even the fast tracked folks from 1710 to get appointable we should be in with a good shout. Another go with previous AC experience can't hurt our chances tho!


  • Advertisement


  • any word on ist folks? got email saying we will have heard by tomorrow


Advertisement