Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment Stage 3 (2018 Campaign)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Red59

Is there a way of finding out feedback on your interview ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

S_e_a_n wrote: »
    Anyone going for the interview PM me, i done a private tutoring session, i could not recommend this man highly enough.
    Worth every cent.

Also I did the same, and it was probably the same guy, really helped calm my nerves and he really cared, didn't even take the full cost he was owed! Rang me after the interview.

PM if you want me to forward on your details to him!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lynch93

Passed, mad how you'd doubt yourself, up 244 places form from 520s to 280s! Absolutely delighted, congrats to everyone who passed, and those who didn't keep trying like many other this wasn't my first time applying.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

Well done those who passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Hearns2017

Passed also. Delighted. To anyone who failed don’t give up this is my third time applying now. I also went to a woman for interview prep specifically for the Garda interview if anyone wants her details pm me. Also I would suggest to anyone going for interview go into your local station and ask to speak to them about interview tips etc. I done that and they gave me a full tour of the place. Congratulations to everyone who passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 S_e_a_n

@Red, think I read somewhere its,

appointments@garda.ie , they will give you your feed back or at least point you in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 4 freddy01

passed jumped 280 on oom.🙈🙈🙈🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭leheaven

Red59 wrote: »

You can email gardarecruitment2018@publicjobs.ie to request your feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Red59 wrote: »

I failed the interview last year by 8 points.. I requested feedback they'll show you your score. Just contact public jobs they will give u a contact e-mail to see how u got on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mrletsdothis

Bit off topic but don’t want to create a whole new thread...

I know the Basic Salary amounts, just wondering if anyone has an idea on average how much a regular Garda could potentially make in a year inclusive of overtime etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭Lmklad

Bit off topic but don’t want to create a whole new thread...

I know the Basic Salary amounts, just wondering if anyone has an idea on average how much a regular Garda could potentially make in a year inclusive of overtime etc?

Over the 20yrs: not including overtime as this is not possible to calculate accurately.
    * taken from GRA.ie
    1. 29,405.30
    2. 31,382.30
    3. 34,240.30
    4. 35,787.30
    5. 38,062.30
    6. 41,495.30
    7. 43,765.30
    8. 45,818.30
    9. 47,793.30
    10. 47,793.30
    11. 47,793.30
    12. 47,793.30
    13. 47,793.30
    14. 49,512.30
    15. 49,512.30
    16. 49,512.30
    17. 49,512.30
    18. 49,512.30
    19. 49,512.30
    20. 51,448.30

• Registered Users Posts: 25 traceyf933

Lmklad wrote: »
    Over the 20yrs: not including overtime as this is not possible to calculate accurately.
    * taken from GRA.ie
    1. 29,405.30
    2. 31,382.30
    3. 34,240.30
    4. 35,787.30
    5. 38,062.30
    6. 41,495.30
    7. 43,765.30
    8. 45,818.30
    9. 47,793.30
    10. 47,793.30
    11. 47,793.30
    12. 47,793.30
    13. 47,793.30
    14. 49,512.30
    15. 49,512.30
    16. 49,512.30
    17. 49,512.30
    18. 49,512.30
    19. 49,512.30
    20. 51,448.30

This is higher for people with third level qualification isnt it?

traceyf933 wrote: »
    * taken from GRA.ie
    1. 29,405.30
    2. 31,382.30
    3. 34,240.30
    4. 35,787.30
    5. 38,062.30
    6. 41,495.30
    7. 43,765.30
    8. 45,818.30
    9. 47,793.30
    10. 47,793.30
    11. 47,793.30
    12. 47,793.30
    13. 47,793.30
    14. 49,512.30
    15. 49,512.30
    16. 49,512.30
    17. 49,512.30
    18. 49,512.30
    19. 49,512.30
    20. 51,448.30

This is higher for people with third level qualification isnt it?

With a degree I think you start two steps higher on the scale and a masters 3 steps. Can’t remember though for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 freddy01

With a degree I think you start two steps higher on the scale and a masters 3 steps. Can’t remember though for sure.

Does this include allowances like sunday allowance and night allowance.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Nicolec3090

Does anybody know what oom they are on for interviews? trying to get an idea when ill be called

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 rossd92

For the fitness test it pass fail or the higher you score the better?

Also for the beep test do they call out the level to you as you go on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

rossd92 wrote: »
    For the fitness test it pass fail or the higher you score the better?

Also for the beep test do they call out the level to you as you go on?

As far as I know it's just pass/fail. For the beep test, I think once they get to 6 they start calling out each shuttle, 6.1, 6.2 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

I think there in the low 700s for interview and thats till the 29th of this month i think thats the end of batch 2 then they go to batch 3, be interesting to see if they will do a batch before xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

Interview booked for december 11th. Anyone in the 700s will be in the same batch i reckon. Nerves now better get that mock interview done.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭farrelly90

Interview booked for december 11th. Anyone in the 700s will be in the same batch i reckon. Nerves now better get that mock interview done.

Booked mine for the 13th. I think I’ll need the extra few days to prep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭blackro12345

Hi who was it that you went to for advice for the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Smallboy

Hey everyone. Just got invited for stage 3 today. Not my first getting here so hopefully I do better second time around! Only concern is, like last time, I didn’t get the list of competencies in my email this time? Nor did I get a list to fill in the information such as the B form etc, does this come later or should I message public jobs?

Should this have come with the invitation?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Smallboy wrote: »
    Hey everyone. Just got invited for stage 3 today. Not my first getting here so hopefully I do better second time around! Only concern is, like last time, I didn’t get the list of competencies in my email this time? Nor did I get a list to fill in the information such as the B form etc, does this come later or should I message public jobs?

Should this have come with the invitation?

I got my compentencies and form B about 1 week later after getting my invitation for interview! As far as I’m aware from reading these threads nobody got that information in the invitation email! :)

User2206 wrote: »
    I got my compentencies and form B about 1 week later after getting my invitation for interview! As far as I’m aware from reading these threads nobody got that information in the invitation email! :)

Thanks for the quick response!

Does anyone know what the competencies are? If so could someone PM me them? I don't see an issue getting a head of the game and getting prepared early! I'd imagine they're similar to the ones from the 2016 campaign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Anyone in 800s called?

I was placed in the higher end of 800 and I was called today and given a date for middle of December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

I was placed in the higher end of 800 and I was called today and given a date for middle of December.

Thanks for that.

Hey guys, sorry for spam - must be the nerves! I have a question about one of the competencies that I'm struggling with; would anyone mind if I shot them a PM that's passed the interview for a bit of help? I promise not to take up too much of your time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mrletsdothis

My advice for interview is watch your body language. Maintain eye contact with the person asking questions, sit up straight... shake hands when entering and leaving. And most importantly try relax, they all want you to do well :)

Regarding the competencies - make sure your example describes what the situation was , what you did and then what the result of your action was.
    Just as a heads up also you might get interrupted quite a bit even at the start of your example so don’t get put off by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Harley2016

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is excited about the interview I know I am. I am just wondering would any one be able to send me a pm about some of the areas I will be asked about during the interview? This my 3rd time applying and first time this far into process so I don't want to fail now 😥

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Harley2016 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Hope everyone is excited about the interview I know I am. I am just wondering would any one be able to send me a pm about some of the areas I will be asked about during the interview? This my 3rd time applying and first time this far into process so I don't want to fail now 😥

I'd highly recommend seeing someone for a mock interview to help you prepare.

Learn off the subject learnt on templemore, how long you have to study for and the rate of pay awarded to a garda trainee. This is all available on the familiarisation booklet.

Hi, does anybody know how close to the interview do you get the competencies?

Thanks.

Hi who was it that you went to for advice for the interview?

I’m in Limerick and happy to do pre-interview course. PM if you’d like details. I think bottar1 might provide a reference for me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jwals2130

Anyone do interviews today , how they think they done ?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kellbag91

I had mine this morning I thought it was fair and had no real surprises during it. It lasted the full hour but I made sure I had loads to talk about. One pro tip I'll share make sure you compensate for town traffic, I was almost late even though I gave myself a good bit of time.
    Other than that the time flies.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Jecz

Have mine tomorrow, dreading it! Hoping I can remember enough on the history of the service and who is who in my area.

Do they ask questions on core functions and the code of ethics?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 andy28992

Interview in mid december, I havent had my interview prep yet but what do you mean by history of the service and who is who in my area? How much do you think we should know?

Jecz wrote: »
    Have mine tomorrow, dreading it! Hoping I can remember enough on the history of the service and who is who in my area.

andy28992 wrote: »
    Interview in mid december, I havent had my interview prep yet but what do you mean by history of the service and who is who in my area? How much do you think we should know?

I don't know how much we need to know but in the prep they send out it mentions the history of the force like when it was established and I heard it mentioned it would be good to know who the assistant commissioner is in your area. I just don't know what's enough and what's too much, guess ill find out tomorrow :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 andy28992

Well best of luck tomorrow! I'm still waiting for my prep stuff to arrive

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭fmp3d26og54yi9

I don't know how much we need to know but in the prep they send out it mentions the history of the force like when it was established and I heard it mentioned it would be good to know who the assistant commissioner is in your area. I just don't know what's enough and what's too much, guess ill find out tomorrow :-)

I wasn't even asked who the commissioner was! But I was asked all about the phases involved in Garda training and the subjects at the college and how long the training goes on for. All this information is on Garda.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kellbag91

None of that stuff came up for me but thats not to say it won't for you.

Hey! I got my form B today and my familiarization forms! I see it mentions my interview application form? I don't remember sending this to anyone nor receiving it. Do I get it at a later date or is there somewhere? Thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Stuky69

Hey! I got my form B today and my familiarization forms! I see it mentions my interview application form? I don't remember sending this to anyone nor receiving it. Do I get it at a later date or is there somewhere? Thanks guys!

It’s the form you filled out in june. It’s in your applications on PAS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

They never asked me about it but In light of recent events I wouldn't be surprised if they had a question on it.
    I wouldn't be too worried about who's who too much. As long as you know the basic structure and who's at the top. if you are well prepared you'll fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

They won't ask any questions about commissioners. You knowing or not knowing a few names has absolutely no bearing on your ability to be a garda. They could, and have, asked questions based the training down in Templemore, and the day-to-day activities of garda.

• Advertisement

Do we have to bring that with us aswell on the day?

Who runs the college?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

farrelly90 wrote: »
    Do we have to bring that with us aswell on the day?

You don't have to bring your Form A. Which is the application you filled out before you started any aptitude tests.

They will have a copy of it though, and may ask you questions about whats on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

Yes they spoke for about 5 minutes about my application form so have quick reread over to familiarise yourself again

• Registered Users Posts: 48 userunkown

Have the past group's from the previous weeks got interview results?
    OOM from 450 to 550 or there about I think?

• Advertisement
Advertisement