Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Channels [NO DISCUSSION -NAME / FREQUENCY/ LCN / LAUNCH DATE ONLY]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Challenge +1 (United Kingdom) is now transmitted Free To Air (11836.00MHz, pol.H SR:27500 FEC:5/6 SID:6026 PID:525/673 nar,653 English). - source Kingofsat.net

This has been FTA for quite some time.
    FRIENDO wrote: »
    Sony Movie Channel added to Freesat

Movie Genre

Film 4
    Film 4+1
    Sony Movie Channel
    True Christmas
    True Christmas +1
    Movies4Men
    TalkingPics TV

(Movies4Men +1 Removed)

In addition Sony Movie Channel +1, Movies4Men & Movies4Men +1 are also present on FTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

In addition Sony Movie Channel +1, Movies4Men & Movies4Men +1 are also present on FTA.

Ye I have them set up on a fta receiver.

Also read that Freesat has lost more music channels, the only two remaining will be Vault and the Country channel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

BBC Two Wales HD & BBC Two NI HD are to go live from the 29th of November.

https://www.a516digital.com/2018/10/more-from-bbc-in-hd-for-wales-and-ni.html

I'm not sure what this means for Sky & Freesat viewers here. Will they receive those channels from this date?

Also BBC Two Scotland will be replaced with BBC Scotland in SD & HD afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I see CBS on demand is coming to freeview.
    Perhaps there is also a possibility it will come to freesat. Catchup/on demand seems to be the future for a lot of channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm not sure what this means for Sky & Freesat viewers here. Will they receive those channels from this date?

If you put in Wales or NI post code they will be in the 102 slot on Freesat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

Hopefully it'll mean the HD version of BBC Two NI will go back to 142.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭batistuta9

If you put in Wales or NI post code they will be in the 102 slot on Freesat.

They've never been confirmed for satellite is what they're getting at

Vintage TV has closed it's doors except as a streamer - the TV company side is up for sale.
    Strange that they gave up the EPGs so quickly - either they really had no money at all or someone was not thinking straight.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3124120

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

batistuta9 wrote: »
    They've never been confirmed for satellite is what they're getting at

BBC Two Wales HD is now confirmed for satellite from the 29th of November.

A test card is now up in the same frequency as BBC Two England HD, BBC One HD, BBC One NI HD & CBBC HD.

BBC Two Wales HD

10847 V 23000 SID 6912.

However; BBC Two Northern Ireland HD is not confirmed on this date for satellite. It will only be available for now on Freeview, Youview & BBC iPlayer from the 29th of November with VM carriage being confirmed soon. The reason for not going HD yet on satellite is a lack of available capacity for the other BBC English Regions in HD.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/aboutthebbc/entries/7a69712a-5942-4792-af89-99f73c731bbd?ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=corporate&ns_campaign=about_the_bbc&ns_mchannel=social

https://www.a516digital.com/2018/10/bbc-confirms-arrangements-for-new-hd.html

https://www.a516digital.com/p/bbc-satellite-frequency-information.html

BBC Scotland has got an official launch date. It will go live from the 24th of February 2019 by replacing BBC Two Scotland.

https://www.a516digital.com/2018/10/bbc-scotland-channel-launch-date.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

• Advertisement

Is that behind the paywall or is it FTA?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Is that behind the paywall or is it FTA?

I believe It’s FTA and replacing Massive R&B

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Total Country is FTA today on 11582 H 22000 5/6

Not new and soon to be old - Scuzz is the latest music channel to pull the plug from all platforms on Nov 15th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭mollser

Not new and soon to be old - Scuzz is the latest music channel to pull the plug from all platforms on Nov 15th.

Can't believe Scuzz is going, it's one of the main reasons I got fta satellite in! The only channel that continuously pushed new bands into the scene, kerrang very one dimensional compared to it. Sad times

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Interesting HD tests on 11171 H 22000 5/6 QPSK Sid 51110
    Rumoured to possibly be The Smithsonian Channel

Seems a strange one to arrive if it does, there's been no warm up tweets from the Smithsonian or any platform - it's hardly going to be some wandering FTA channel given it's origins.

Seemingly Ofcom have issued a licence for a Smithsonian channel and the content seems to match.

Interesting HD tests on 11171 H 22000 5/6 QPSK Sid 51110
    Rumoured to possibly be The Smithsonian Channel

Thanks for the head's-up. ;)

Nice HD Picture!

I hope it stays FTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

nice,would be a nice addition if it stays!

• Advertisement

Watching it now, Drone Cam over Ireland is on. Lovely HD and using the codec my box seems to prefer - the one that Channel 4/5 uses.

Sony crime 2 to close on the 15th Nov

Maz2016 wrote: »

:(

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Since Sony also own Scuzz, I wonder will they close any other channels? Time will tell, I guess.

Watching it now, Drone Cam over Ireland is on. Lovely HD and using the codec my box seems to prefer - the one that Channel 4/5 uses.

Now has full soundtrack but still no EPG info

• Registered Users Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Now has full soundtrack but still no EPG info

1080i & 5.1 Dolby multi Ch
    Very nice.

I presume it'll soon be slapped with a layer of VideoGaurd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

mikeecho wrote: »
    Very nice.

will it be gone in that case?

mikeecho wrote: »
    Very nice.

It's strange that there isn't any chatter on social media about a launch. It would be a welcome FTA addition but I'm not holding my breath

will it be gone in that case?

Yes, it would show as scrambled

• Advertisement

And it's gone - Encrypted Service :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement