Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Channels [NO DISCUSSION -NAME / FREQUENCY/ LCN / LAUNCH DATE ONLY]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭mrtom

Retro Movies 11464 H. 22000 displaying EPG & good signal strength, however black screen and mute. Used to be available FTA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,031 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

mrtom wrote: »
    Retro Movies 11464 H. 22000 displaying EPG & good signal strength, however black screen and mute. Used to be available FTA.

Nothing being transmitted ..... dunno why.

Vintage TV is the same it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

mrtom wrote: »

It is still FTA in that it was never part of any pay TV package. But there have been no programmes for well over a month, if you are only noticing that now. According to Google the EPG slot still belongs to Nollywood, and they are looking to sell it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Retro was just a place-holder so not a shock, hopefully whoever buy the Nollywood slot will
    see there is a bit of a market for old films - Talking Pictures is doing really well now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Going the way of eleven sports. You have to wonder how many subscribers they will get. There is also the future possibility of these streaming companies being hit with a broadband infrastructure tax. Look at the money netflix is making yet doesn't contribute a penny towards the infrastructure it runs on.

Not sure if you are trolling or if you work for an ISP, but I wonder if you have heard of something called "net neutrality" as defined in Europe under Article 3 of EU Regulation 2015/2120. So called "broadband infrastructure tax" is a non-starter in Europe thankfully and any attempt to introduce such an awful thing will be challenged and defeated in Brussels.

Maybe you also think Toyota/Ford/Audi etc. should contribute towards our road infrastructure costs, which we already pay for through road tax and general taxation (and tolls).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Not sure if you are trolling or if you work for an ISP, but I wonder if you have heard of something called "net neutrality" as defined in Europe under Article 3 of EU Regulation 2015/2120. So called "broadband infrastructure tax" is a non-starter in Europe thankfully and any attempt to introduce such an awful thing will be challenged and defeated in Brussels.

Maybe you also think Toyota/Ford/Audi etc. should contribute towards our road infrastructure costs, which we already pay for through road tax and general taxation (and tolls).

What about the major users of spectrum in Ireland Pablo. Are they paying enough. I was quite surprised that the levy on ECNs and ECs is 0.2 per cent of relevant turnover. In other words feck all.

The annual spectrum usage fee for each spectrum block in the 800MHz and 900MHz bands is €1.08 million and 0.5m for the 1,800MHz band.

Then the 700meg band was also cleared. Are we collecting enough and where is the money going ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

If the OP is trolling the proper action is to report the post. If you actually think the OP works for an ISP you need to produce evidence a bit stronger than his raising the possiblity of a particular taxation policy in future. Either way you can take a warning.

icdg wrote: »
    If the OP is trolling the proper action is to report the post. If you actually think the OP works for an ISP you need to produce evidence a bit stronger than his raising the possiblity of a particular taxation policy in future. Either way you can take a warning.

I am sorry that I seem to have broken some rule. I am not sure what rule, but warning noted.

STB. wrote: »
    What about the major users of spectrum in Ireland Pablo. Are they paying enough. I was quite surprised that the levy on ECNs and ECs is 0.2 per cent of relevant turnover. In other words feck all.

The annual spectrum usage fee for each spectrum block in the 800MHz and 900MHz bands is €1.08 million and 0.5m for the 1,800MHz band.

Then the 700meg band was also cleared. Are we collecting enough and where is the money going ?

I don't know enough about that to have an opinion. But spectrum licence fees are not really related to net neutrality.

It'll be terrible (like all Sony Channels) but Sony Movies is FTA as of now

V
    5/6

channel 3192 52515 on my EPG

Noticed Tuesday that Sony Movies has gone encrypted on 52515

• Advertisement

Sony Movies (and Sony Movies+1) are FTA again.

Sony Movies (and Sony Movies+1) are FTA again.

Nice!

FTA gets better by the day :D

Sony Movies now has full EPG, must be about to go Freesat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Sony Movies now has full EPG, must be about to go Freesat.

Joins on Oct 9th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Freesat just seems to be getting better and better by the year - I have it now and got my mother it and we would never go back to sky or virgin - I think if your not into sports a combo of freesat saorview and Netflix is the ticket - also got a smart TV that has NOWTV that if I want to dip in and out I can ... happy days ðŸ‘

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Freesat just seems to be getting better and better by the year - I have it now and got my mother it and we would never go back to sky or virgin - I think if your not into sports a combo of freesat saorview and Netflix is the ticket - also got a smart TV that has NOWTV that if I want to dip in and out I can ... happy days ðŸ‘

I completely agree, not sports fans in our house and that’s exactly the set up I have. Would never ever go back to virgin

Vintage TV back 11.597 V, SR 22.000, FEC 5/6

For how long is another matter

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

Challenge +1 (United Kingdom) is now transmitted Free To Air (11836.00MHz, pol.H SR:27500 FEC:5/6 SID:6026 PID:525/673 nar,653 English). - source Kingofsat.net

Challenge +1 (United Kingdom) is now transmitted Free To Air (11836.00MHz, pol.H SR:27500 FEC:5/6 SID:6026 PID:525/673 nar,653 English). - source Kingofsat.net

Hasn't that been there and on Freesat all along?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Sony Movie Channel added to Freesat

Movie Genre

Film 4
    Film 4+1
    Sony Movie Channel
    True Christmas
    True Christmas +1
    Movies4Men
    TalkingPics TV

(Movies4Men +1 Removed)

This has been FTA for quite some time.
    FRIENDO wrote: »
    Sony Movie Channel added to Freesat

Movie Genre

Film 4
    Film 4+1
    Sony Movie Channel
    True Christmas
    True Christmas +1
    Movies4Men
    TalkingPics TV

(Movies4Men +1 Removed)

In addition Sony Movie Channel +1, Movies4Men & Movies4Men +1 are also present on FTA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

In addition Sony Movie Channel +1, Movies4Men & Movies4Men +1 are also present on FTA.

Ye I have them set up on a fta receiver.

Also read that Freesat has lost more music channels, the only two remaining will be Vault and the Country channel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,526 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

BBC Two Wales HD & BBC Two NI HD are to go live from the 29th of November.

https://www.a516digital.com/2018/10/more-from-bbc-in-hd-for-wales-and-ni.html

I'm not sure what this means for Sky & Freesat viewers here. Will they receive those channels from this date?

Also BBC Two Scotland will be replaced with BBC Scotland in SD & HD afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I see CBS on demand is coming to freeview.
    Perhaps there is also a possibility it will come to freesat. Catchup/on demand seems to be the future for a lot of channels.

I'm not sure what this means for Sky & Freesat viewers here. Will they receive those channels from this date?

If you put in Wales or NI post code they will be in the 102 slot on Freesat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭kmurph

Hopefully it'll mean the HD version of BBC Two NI will go back to 142.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭batistuta9

If you put in Wales or NI post code they will be in the 102 slot on Freesat.

They've never been confirmed for satellite is what they're getting at

Vintage TV has closed it's doors except as a streamer - the TV company side is up for sale.
    Strange that they gave up the EPGs so quickly - either they really had no money at all or someone was not thinking straight.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3124120

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,526 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

batistuta9 wrote: »
    They've never been confirmed for satellite is what they're getting at

BBC Two Wales HD is now confirmed for satellite from the 29th of November.

A test card is now up in the same frequency as BBC Two England HD, BBC One HD, BBC One NI HD & CBBC HD.

BBC Two Wales HD

10847 V 23000 SID 6912.

However; BBC Two Northern Ireland HD is not confirmed on this date for satellite. It will only be available for now on Freeview, Youview & BBC iPlayer from the 29th of November with VM carriage being confirmed soon. The reason for not going HD yet on satellite is a lack of available capacity for the other BBC English Regions in HD.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/aboutthebbc/entries/7a69712a-5942-4792-af89-99f73c731bbd?ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=corporate&ns_campaign=about_the_bbc&ns_mchannel=social

https://www.a516digital.com/2018/10/bbc-confirms-arrangements-for-new-hd.html

https://www.a516digital.com/p/bbc-satellite-frequency-information.html

BBC Scotland has got an official launch date. It will go live from the 24th of February 2019 by replacing BBC Two Scotland.

https://www.a516digital.com/2018/10/bbc-scotland-channel-launch-date.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

• Advertisement

Is that behind the paywall or is it FTA?

Is that behind the paywall or is it FTA?

I believe It’s FTA and replacing Massive R&B

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Total Country is FTA today on 11582 H 22000 5/6

Not new and soon to be old - Scuzz is the latest music channel to pull the plug from all platforms on Nov 15th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭mollser

Not new and soon to be old - Scuzz is the latest music channel to pull the plug from all platforms on Nov 15th.

Can't believe Scuzz is going, it's one of the main reasons I got fta satellite in! The only channel that continuously pushed new bands into the scene, kerrang very one dimensional compared to it. Sad times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Interesting HD tests on 11171 H 22000 5/6 QPSK Sid 51110
    Rumoured to possibly be The Smithsonian Channel

Seems a strange one to arrive if it does, there's been no warm up tweets from the Smithsonian or any platform - it's hardly going to be some wandering FTA channel given it's origins.

Seemingly Ofcom have issued a licence for a Smithsonian channel and the content seems to match.

Interesting HD tests on 11171 H 22000 5/6 QPSK Sid 51110
    Rumoured to possibly be The Smithsonian Channel

Thanks for the head's-up. ;)

Nice HD Picture!

I hope it stays FTA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

nice,would be a nice addition if it stays!

• Advertisement

Watching it now, Drone Cam over Ireland is on. Lovely HD and using the codec my box seems to prefer - the one that Channel 4/5 uses.

Sony crime 2 to close on the 15th Nov

Maz2016 wrote: »

:(

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Since Sony also own Scuzz, I wonder will they close any other channels? Time will tell, I guess.

Watching it now, Drone Cam over Ireland is on. Lovely HD and using the codec my box seems to prefer - the one that Channel 4/5 uses.

Now has full soundtrack but still no EPG info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Now has full soundtrack but still no EPG info

1080i & 5.1 Dolby multi Ch
    Very nice.

I presume it'll soon be slapped with a layer of VideoGaurd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

mikeecho wrote: »
    Very nice.

will it be gone in that case?

mikeecho wrote: »
    Very nice.

It's strange that there isn't any chatter on social media about a launch. It would be a welcome FTA addition but I'm not holding my breath

will it be gone in that case?

Yes, it would show as scrambled

• Advertisement

And it's gone - Encrypted Service :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement