Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Channels [NO DISCUSSION -NAME / FREQUENCY/ LCN / LAUNCH DATE ONLY]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I have both DMAX & DMAX+1 tuned in now. The picture quality looks good for SD. Thanks guys for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

These are absolutely great additions to free to air. Made the move from virgin (upc) to free to air a few years back and I’d never go back now. Now there’s only 3 channels I miss national geographic , Comedy Central and comedy extra. Can’t see them going FTA but I certainly think FTA is in a good place

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Maz2016 wrote: »
    These are absolutely great additions to free to air. Made the move from virgin (upc) to free to air a few years back and I’d never go back now. Now there’s only 3 channels I miss national geographic , Comedy Central and comedy extra. Can’t see them going FTA but I certainly think FTA is in a good place

Look into your wallet and see the improvements you made to it's environment and then have a good laugh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Surprised at the love for DMAX, schedule looks like the type of crap that's on quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Surprised at the love for DMAX, schedule looks like the type of crap that's on quest.

Quest is just brilliant.Darts all week.Always good documentries and all in HD.DMAX an added bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭mikeecho

It's still good value for money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Indeed, you'd have to wonder who would spend more than 5 minutes on it. Endless editions of just a handful of programmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭lgs 4

DMAX (Germany) has been free to air for years. the SD version. It,s in HD on Sky Germany. It's English audio but over overdubbed in German, it's 50 /50 audio and more update programming. The UK Dmax is a nice addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

mikeecho wrote: »
    It's still good value for money

But not for your time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ah who even watches live tv these days? Everything good is a mouse click away at the time you want it. Live tv for me is either for hangover channel hopping at the weekend or watching with a Saturday night takeaway and DMAX fits the bill perfectly. Also my auld lad who wouldnt know a pc from a microwave is always praising me for finding Quest and Quest+1 so this is right up his street...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Is Starz on FTV anywhere, would like to watch that series Counterpart?

Found a non boards website with some settings but couldn't get it to work on my Sky Q 😒

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Is Starz on FTV anywhere, would like to watch that series Counterpart?

Found a non boards website with some settings but couldn't get it to work on my Sky Q ��

11426, V, 27500

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Thargor wrote: »
    Ah who even watches live tv these days? Everything good is a mouse click away at the time you want it. Live tv for me is either for hangover channel hopping at the weekend or watching with a Saturday night takeaway and DMAX fits the bill perfectly. Also my auld lad who wouldnt know a pc from a microwave is always praising me for finding Quest and Quest+1 so this is right up his street...

Considering this is in a Satellite TV forum, probably most people reading this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

DMAX and +1 on Freesat 150/151, however the EPG is still now and next when I try it.

The Smithsonian channel on FTA now has a SD version which is interesting, you'd have expected just the HD to be launched in 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

DMAX and +1 on Freesat 150/151, however the EPG is still now and next when I try it.

The Smithsonian channel on FTA now has a SD version which is interesting, you'd have expected just the HD to be launched in 2019.

Do you have satellite frequency for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

seligehgit wrote: »
    Do you have satellite frequency for it?

11171 H 22000
    11264 V 27500

https://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2E-2F-2G.html

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭corm500

Any chance the Smithsonian channel will make it to Freesat?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

corm500 wrote: »
    Any chance the Smithsonian channel will make it to Freesat?

That it remains FTA is what matters the most. Preferably in HD of course. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,037 ✭✭✭✭neris

Anyone know what frequency Bloomberg moved to? or is it still on FTA? Ive scanned through and cant find it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

neris wrote: »
    Anyone know what frequency Bloomberg moved to? or is it still on FTA? Ive scanned through and cant find it

11686 V 23000

• Advertisement

I see another HD channel popped up showing similar but not the same test videos as Smithsonian on
    11641 H 23000 8psk DVB-S2 sid 7100

There is also a 7101 but seems to be flagged as encrypted.

I see another HD channel popped up showing similar but not the same test videos as Smithsonian on
    11643 H 23000 8OSK DVB-S2 sid 7100

There is also a 7101 but seems to be flagged as encrypted.

That 7100 was mention earlier ..... thought to be Freesports HD, with 7101 being the encrypted equivalent.

Would they be the same parent company? It's the test videos that's thrown me.

Would they be the same parent company? It's the test videos that's thrown me.

Must be something like that, because when it was mentioned as Freesports HD it was the sports clips that were being shown.

BBC Scotland frequencies announced ahead of the Feb 24th launch.

HD:
    Satellite: Astra 2G
    Frequency: 11023
    Polarisation: Horizontal
    Symbol Rate: 23000
    FEC: 3/4
    Mode: DVB-S2 8PSK
    Service ID: 8924

SD:
    Satellite: Astra 2E
    Frequency: 10802
    Polarisation: Horizontal
    Symbol Rate: 22000
    FEC: 2/3
    Mode: DVB-S QPSK
    Service ID: 6420

Source https://www.a516digital.com/2019/01/bbc-scotland-tv-satellite-slots.html?m=1

Smithsonian has EPG data starting from 06:00 Monday

Smithsonian has EPG data starting from 06:00 Monday

Thanks, yes I see it here from 12.00 midday Monday.

Is it still not named - just the 51110 Service Name?

That 7100 was mention earlier ..... thought to be Freesports HD, with 7101 being the encrypted equivalent.

Does the Freesports logo appear on these channels?

Does the Freesports logo appear on these channels?

No. 7100 currently has a static "Smithsonian Channel Production" graphic.

• Advertisement

No. 7100 currently has a static "Smithsonian Channel Production" graphic.

Yep. You're right. I only tuned it in a while ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement