Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2019

Options
  • 02-11-2018 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

So said I would just throw it out.

Second baby- 6th July 2019 - a happy accident.
    1st Baby going on 13 months! So 2 under 2.
    Had my first in CUH- so nice was like a hotel however this lo I am going to Kerry University Hospital...

Happy but shocked, wondering am I mad. I find one hard so what about having 2.
    Going to Doctor on wednesday!

Anyone else July 2019?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Count me in! Also 2nd baby. Due on the 7th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mubre

Just got our positive yesterday! Delighted, can’t believe it baby #1...after our second IVF!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Shocked but happy to be posting here, Due baby no 4 on the 4th of July all going well.

Congrats to everyone, Heres to a happy and healthy 9 months :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Journey12345

Hi All,

Due early July, GP visit next Wednesday.

Has anyone attended GP?
    Thinking of private scan at 8 weeks and another just before Christmas.

Enjoy the journey all.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Minnie2017

Hi ladies,

Congrats all :)

I have posted in the June thread as have a due date of 28/6 but if this baby is anything like my little one, it’ll be mid July before they arrive.

• Advertisement

Public-private or semi private guys???

Pros/cons?

Pros/cons?

I’m going public in the Coombe. I did domino scheme there last time and found it great. Unfortunately they won’t let me do it this time, but am sure it’ll be fine.

From talking to friends, I think the pro’s of private is shorter wait times, more consistency in that you see the same consultant all the time, and also more scans.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dove2011

Pros/cons?

Journey where are you hoping to go? To be honest dont know much about private however I think if you are outside of Dublin- it is more expensive... a few thousands and you basically get the same care.

Welcome all- looking forward to our highlights and our woes together.

Minnie2017 wrote: »
    Hi ladies,

Congrats all :)

I have posted in the June thread as have a due date of 28/6 but if this baby is anything like my little one, it’ll be mid July before they arrive.

Welcome buddy :)

• Advertisement

Going with the Coombe. First GP appointment Wednesday.
    Booked private scan also for 8 weeks.

Going with the Coombe. First GP appointment Wednesday.
    Booked private scan also for 8 weeks.

Any questions about the public or domino in the coombe, fire away. Don’t know much about the private though

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Had a HTP last Saturday calculating from last period date our 1st babsheen will be due in July 2019, still so shocked! I haven't told anyone yet because I want to come to terms with it myself first before I can hold a conversation on it, struggling to even say the word "pregnant". Hubby has been under abit of stress lately so hoping it will all calm down before I tell him on Friday, so happy I found this forum and realise I'm not alone! 😊❤

Congrats K8Cabz, welcome aboard

First doctors appointment tomorrow, have a few items on the list to ask.

Anything else I need to be finding out?

Thanks guys.

First doctors appointment tomorrow, have a few items on the list to ask.

Anything else I need to be finding out?

Thanks guys.

Do another test
    Get letter for hospital

Some GPs do blood tests but not all (mine doesn’t) it’s usually a quick enough visit.

I found I had a lot more questions at my booking appt that my gp visit. Good Luck

Thanks- much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭chocolatepan

Hi Everyone and congratulations!
    Still don't quite believe my positive test this week, was a faint positive so testing again but look like I'll be due with baby no2 11th July 2019.

I have a 16 month old so things are going to be busy next year! Had my first public in the Coombe but going to go for the Rotunda this time. Also plan to do an early scan around 8 weeks. Anyone have symptoms yet? I had implantation bleeding which I didn't have on my first, other than that just the odd twinge in the uterus area!

Hey chocolatepan and welcome

My main symptom has been a bleed for the last week. Along with some nausea and tiredness I’ve a 14 month old here too so plenty to keep me busy

Hope everyone is well! Nausea is here already. Popping deflatine like sweets at the moment. Roll on 2nd trimester ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Mubre

Haven't really had too many symptoms this week, just very tired and quite heartburny. Last week I had been feeling quite nauseous too, but seems to have eased this week. I went to the GP yesterday, we're also booked in for an 8 week scan with the fertility clinic. I think we're going to go for shared care in Holla Street.

We’re getting an early scan too and the next 2 weeks can’t come quick enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

My partner had her first doctors appointment yesterday. Due 3rd of July. It's our first and has taken the guts of 2 years to get here. Elated is an understatement. Both her mother and sister suffered from bad morning sickness in their pregnancies so she is preparing for the same although has been well to this point.

Can I ask here what is the difference between going public or private. The option for private is available but unsure which option to go for.

Hand delivered letter to Coombe yesterday, waiting to hear back now.

Hand delivered letter to Coombe yesterday, waiting to hear back now.

They were back to me very quickly so you shouldn’t be waiting long :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey everyone, I've just had my test and due late July. I still cannot believe... Don't really feel pregnant yet.
    But I have had an emotional breakdown just now, so I guess I am :(- apparently I didn't transfer to the new health insurance provider last January (company plan). The company went from Laya to VHI and I forgot to register with them by then. Don't know what to do now. I'm not covered at all, feel useless and stupid :(

Thanks Minnie.

Have you your scan/appointment this side of Christmas?

Thanks Minnie.

Have you your scan/appointment this side of Christmas?

Hi, I have both my booking appt and scan on the week of the 10th Dec. Unfortunately they’re not on the same day but what can you do. It’s defo earlier with the coombe this time round but am thinking that’s coz it’s not as busy a time of year maybe.

Am also going for a private scan in the next 2 weeks too (for peace of mind)

MBea wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I've just had my test and due late July. I still cannot believe... Don't really feel pregnant yet.
    But I have had an emotional breakdown just now, so I guess I am :(- apparently I didn't transfer to the new health insurance provider last January (company plan). The company went from Laya to VHI and I forgot to register with them by then. Don't know what to do now. I'm not covered at all, feel useless and stupid :(

Aw congratulations! Try not to worry. Went public the last time myself and will be doing the same again. Had fantastic care all throughout the pregnancy and was very lucky to be seen in the midwives clinic most of the time. They were so lovely. If there are any complications you'll be seen by the consultant or their team anyway. My own gp reckoned there wasn't any point in going private as you receive the same level of care anyway! With extra scans you can get them privately if you want. Well worth it. Now if only we could fast forward a few weeks and not feel hungover every day :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭MysticMe

Aw congratulations! Try not to worry. Went public the last time myself and will be doing the same again. Had fantastic care all throughout the pregnancy and was very lucky to be seen in the midwives clinic most of the time. They were so lovely. If there are any complications you'll be seen by the consultant or their team anyway. My own gp reckoned there wasn't any point in going private as you receive the same level of care anyway! With extra scans you can get them privately if you want. Well worth it. Now if only we could fast forward a few weeks and not feel hungover every day :(
    Thank you for support, it means a lot now. Yes, will be going public, a colleague was also happy with public care, so be it!
    What hospital were you with, if you don't mind me asking?
    I went to GP today to get a referral letter, so everything is official now :)

Advertisement