Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2019

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Three weeks left here. I’m enjoying having a bit of time to sort stuff out. But I’m looking forward to being at the other end too. I’m so huge and uncomfortable I’m sick of it. I hope there’s no heatwave coming, I’ve a very limited amount of summer clothes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

lainycool wrote: »
    Nerves kicking in here alright, I'm going for my section on the 1st of July so this is the 2nd last weekend baby free.

Cant wait for it to be all done!

Do you mind me asking is that by your choice? First baby?
    I always thought first baby was natural unless intervention was required.

Enjoy the last few weeks all :).

Baby measuring big here, couple of weeks left

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Do you mind me asking is that by your choice? First baby?
    I always thought first baby was natural unless intervention was required.

Enjoy the last few weeks all :).

Baby measuring big here, couple of weeks left

Sorry only seen this now!
    This is my 4th baby so elective section needed.
    As far as I know though you can choose how you want to birth your baby.

lainycool wrote: »
    Sorry only seen this now!
    This is my 4th baby so elective section needed.
    As far as I know though you can choose how you want to birth your baby.

I don’t think it’s that common to be offered an elective section in Ireland, unless there’s a good reason. Maybe it’s different in other hospitals though.

Isn’t this heat just wonderful. It’s lovely to be plodding around with swollen feet and a swollen belly. Particularly in unsuitable clothing, given that I have a very tiny maternity summer wardrobe!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 NewMom19

Oh lord I have so much sympathy for anyone who was pregnant last summer, absolute heros for surviving it. I have just plodded my way from the dart to work in my lovely heavy jeans as like others i have a limited wardrobe. Tempted to just buy a light pair of trousers at this stage!! 36 weeks tomorrow, not too sure if i can carry on this going to work malarkey!

Hope all are keeping well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

NewMom19 wrote: »
    Oh lord I have so much sympathy for anyone who was pregnant last summer, absolute heros for surviving it. I have just plodded my way from the dart to work in my lovely heavy jeans as like others i have a limited wardrobe. Tempted to just buy a light pair of trousers at this stage!! 36 weeks tomorrow, not too sure if i can carry on this going to work malarkey!

I bought two pairs of elasticated waist jersey trousers two weeks ago, they cost €25 each I think. Best investment ever. I am warm on a normal day but this heat is madness. I haven't worn anything else since I bought them!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

jlm29 wrote: »
    I don’t think it’s that common to be offered an elective section in Ireland, unless there’s a good reason. Maybe it’s different in other hospitals though.

Isn’t this heat just wonderful. It’s lovely to be plodding around with swollen feet and a swollen belly. Particularly in unsuitable clothing, given that I have a very tiny maternity summer wardrobe!

No not offered but I think if the mother feels like she needs one for whatever reason she can request one!

The heat is gorgeous but thank God I'll be finished pregnancy on Monday as it's quite hot, Not looking forward to the hot flushes after pregnancy either, I'll have the fan on standby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

I’ve zero summer clothes and refusing to buy at this stage. The tiredness is unreal here but think I’m too late to start taking iron I’ve the pregnacare vitamin tablets, what iron tablets have any of you found good?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 NewMom19

I’ve zero summer clothes and refusing to buy at this stage. The tiredness is unreal here but think I’m too late to start taking iron I’ve the pregnacare vitamin tablets, what iron tablets have any of you found good?

I've been taking the Galfer Iron tablets, they are easy enough to take with water and personally have had no negative side effects from them. I had a sample pack of the Active iron tablets and find there is a strong taste off the capsule the minute i took it. I'd say you're never too late to start taking them!!

You’re definitely not too late to start taking iron. I had bloods done a couple of weeks ago, has anyone checked your hb levels?
    I’ve taken galfer too in the last, just be aware that they can cause constipation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Hi guys I was that 37 weeks pregnant sticky sweaty mess this time last year and was on crutches ( you can imagine how I looked) lol :)
    Best bit of advise re the clothes situation is to just buy a couple of cheap calf leggings to get you through the heat . I used to just wear a maternity vest top with them and they def came in handy after the birth too . P

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Clashmore

You’re definitely not too late to start taking iron. I had bloods done a couple of weeks ago, has anyone checked your hb levels?
    I’ve taken galfer too in the last, just be aware that they can cause constipation!

I was in with the midwife today at 38+1 and she prescribed me iron as my levels were very low. Starting taking Galfer and have to go back for bloods next week

Clashmore

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Justanopinion

Have to agree about the clothes ladies. I wearing 5 dresses in rotation now 2 non maternity just cheapo stretchy Penny's ones and 3 maternity ones. I'm due 26th july and apparently they think I'll go early because baby boy is so low but I won't get my hopes up but still not worth it to buy more bits.
    I'm 36 weeks 2 days today finished up at work last week earlier then I had hoped as I've very painful spd,pressure and then topped with braxton hicks. I was so emotional finishing up 😕
    Bags are packed and car seat is ready. I can't stop fiddling about with all babies things tho nesting is def real.
    Hope you are all keeping well?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Haven't posted here since we had the first scan but it seems the baby wasn't prepared to wait until the July 3rd due date and like my partner had had enough by the end of June. Our little boy was born yesterday morning and weighed in at 7lbs 6oz. Mother and baby both doing brilliantly.

All the very best to everyone else coming to the end of their pregnancies.

markc1184 wrote: »
    Haven't posted here since we had the first scan but it seems the baby wasn't prepared to wait until the July 3rd due date and like my partner had had enough by the end of June. Our little boy was born yesterday morning and weighed in at 7lbs 6oz. Mother and baby both doing brilliantly.

All the very best to everyone else coming to the end of their pregnancies.

Huge congrats. I’m sure we’re all a bit jealous of your partner being over it all while we struggle on, lol!

I was in a baby shop to get a new car seat for one of my older kids today, oohing and aahing over all the lovely buggies. It’s nearly a pity not to need a nice shiny new one for this baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Baby girl was born last week after a horrendously long induction. She is already back to her birth weight and is feeding well. Its some job having a toddler and a newborn!

Congratulations! I forgot to post, but I also had a baby girl last week, after the swiftest delivery imaginable... barely made it to the hospital, but all was well in the end. We are finding our feet as a family of 6, but it’s a bit mental!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

Congratulations! I forgot to post, but I also had a baby girl last week, after the swiftest delivery imaginable... barely made it to the hospital, but all was well in the end. We are finding our feet as a family of 6, but it’s a bit mental!

Wow congratulations!!!

Wow guys. Congratulations to all. My due date is fri 26th can't see baby budging anytime soon but what do I know 🀣 wishing him here but also not ready to share him yet x

Wow guys. Congratulations to all. My due date is fri 26th can't see baby budging anytime soon but what do I know 🀣 wishing him here but also not ready to share him yet x

Last Thursday week I told my mother I’d probably still be pregnant the following thur. Baby was born 10 hrs later!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Baby girl was born last week after a horrendously long induction. She is already back to her birth weight and is feeding well. Its some job having a toddler and a newborn!

It is tough going.Hang in there.You won't win every day, make your peace with it!

Last Thursday week I told my mother I’d probably still be pregnant the following thur. Baby was born 10 hrs later!

My god that's great going. Well done and congratulations. Doubt I'll be as lucky as you to go like that but not for the want of hoping Haha. I foolishly listened to my doctor at my 34 check who thought I would go early and got my Hope's up.
    Baby is more the worth waiting for but I cannot wait to say goodbye to the spd pain.

My god that's great going. Well done and congratulations. Doubt I'll be as lucky as you to go like that but not for the want of hoping Haha. I foolishly listened to my doctor at my 34 check who thought I would go early and got my Hope's up.
    Baby is more the worth waiting for but I cannot wait to say goodbye to the spd pain.

I didn’t consider it lucky when we were whizzing up the road at high speed, but it’s great to have it over with. It’s great to be mobile again. I only had mild spd, and it had definitely settled since I finished at work, but I found the whole pregnancy very long. She was worth waiting for, but I think I’m done now!

Advertisement