Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Hi guys hope it's ok for me to jump in here. I'm about 5weeks. Have a 9 year old son but had 2 miscarriages with my ex so this is my 1st pregnancy with my new partner. Am still very nervous though and constantly checking if I'm bleeding but thankfully so far so good. I also did another clear blue digital and it's gone from 1-2 weeks to 2-3 weeks so fingers crossed it's a good sign. I have a blood clotting condition so am injecting heparin daily....feel like a pin cushion.... how's everyone doing? I'm bloated, nauseous, thirsty and farting like a trooper sorry TMI!!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Minnie2017

The absolute joy of opening the top button on my trousers when I get home in the evening. 8.5 weeks and my tummy has popped already, so much so that a family member guessed I was expecting. Which has made me very paranoid in work now.

The spotting has eased this week thankfully and were having a private scan at the weekend so that’ll put my mind at ease too

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mubre

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Hi guys hope it's ok for me to jump in here. I'm about 5weeks. Have a 9 year old son but had 2 miscarriages with my ex so this is my 1st pregnancy with my new partner. Am still very nervous though and constantly checking if I'm bleeding but thankfully so far so good. I also did another clear blue digital and it's gone from 1-2 weeks to 2-3 weeks so fingers crossed it's a good sign. I have a blood clotting condition so am injecting heparin daily....feel like a pin cushion.... how's everyone doing? I'm bloated, nauseous, thirsty and farting like a trooper sorry TMI!!

I’m injecting progesterone every evening and have started bruising so also feel like a pin cushion!! Going for an early scan next week, so they may tell me to stop then!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭chocolatepan

dove2011 wrote: »
    Hi all

so totally exhausted... heading to bed early most nights. I am still combination feeding my 13 month old she is sucking the life out of me- seriously need to wean her as the nausea, dehydration is wrecking me. So mommys any suggestions

Hi Dove2011,

I am also weaning my 17month old slowly. Not sure if yours feeds through the night but if so I highly recommend Lucy Wolfe's book The Baby Sleep Solution to address the sleep and cut the night feeds. I handed it to my husband and waited til he read it before starting. She recommends that the mother doesn't start the process if possible and it has proved to have a much better reaction when my husband puts her to bed. I used to feed her to sleep but now both of us can put her to sleep without feeding and she's started sleeping through the night, not every night but huge improvement. In the last week or so I've dropped some morning feeds and will continue reducing until we're done, hopefully well before July!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Hi Dove2011,

I am also weaning my 17month old slowly. Not sure if yours feeds through the night but if so I highly recommend Lucy Wolfe's book The Baby Sleep Solution to address the sleep and cut the night feeds. I handed it to my husband and waited til he read it before starting. She recommends that the mother doesn't start the process if possible and it has proved to have a much better reaction when my husband puts her to bed. I used to feed her to sleep but now both of us can put her to sleep without feeding and she's started sleeping through the night, not every night but huge improvement. In the last week or so I've dropped some morning feeds and will continue reducing until we're done, hopefully well before July!

I’m not actively weaning, but I’m really hoping my milk dries up sooner rather than later! It went by about 19 weeks the last time I was pregnant, I’d love not to be feeding any more, but I’m just too lazy to put that much effort into it!
    He only feeds to sleep now, and on a good night, two or three times until morning, but he’s waking up when I put him into the cot now, and roars the house down. I sent his dad up to him tonight though, and he’s definitely taking it better than if I went!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 manufangirl

Hi everyone I'm due 29 July. It's my first and we were trying for almost 2 years so it was a great surprise when I got the positive tests. I'm anxious and nauseous but I've no other symptoms really yet.

My gp advised to slow things down, I can do yoga but only gentle stuff, have to take running down a notch too and I've tried to cut my caffeine intake right down to only one or two cups of tea (I'd cut my coffee from three a day to one a day over the last while and cut out my beloved diet coke altogether!)
    It's a funny time of year I think I'll get a few comments for not drinking. Myself and the husband have been planning some decoy activities :)

Look forward to hearing how everyone gets on!

Hey ladies, hope you’re all having a good weekend. We went for a private scan yesterday and was such a relief to see a tiny but very active little peanut :heart: made for one happy Mammy to be.

Minnie2017 wrote: »
    Hey ladies, hope you’re all having a good weekend. We went for a private scan yesterday and was such a relief to see a tiny but very active little peanut :heart: made for one happy Mammy to be.

Oh that’s great! Such a relief! I happened to bump into my doctor the other day, and she muttered that she would see me in December, so I’m expecting an appointment in the post any day now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

Good morning and congrats to everyone on here so far !! I am due in late July and this is my first. I am 36 and really happy and releived to have conceived and know I am lucky and am hoping things are all ok

Symptoms so far... sore boobs, cannot sleep over this. Insomnia, although being late for work this morning because I slept soundly from 5am-8:30am so not actually not able to sleep... maybe I am too excited as I just found out.
    I also lost my temper last night which I actually never do, I actually lost it once before in secondary school but other than that I am usually quite mellow. My poor partner !!!

I will go for the private scan before xmas as will be 8-9 weeks so it will be nice to have a pic to tell people with !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Congratulations Dixie, it is such an exciting time. Be aware that the photo you will get at your 8/9 week scan will barely resemble a jelly bean, it will still be lovely to have an compare your later scans to. And the hormones are unreal.. I cried twice before 6am today because people on a tv show got surprised!! And the madness the hormones bring doesn't go away until your kid is at least 6 months old!

• Advertisement

Oh jeez, my poor fella will have to sleep in the coal bunker !! I am so cross in work now at the moment too

Two cries before 6am, jeez that is heavy going.

I had a work meeting there and I am glad I took notes as I really am spaced out. I can't be worrying about clients when I have sore boobs LOL

Welcome Dixie :)

Ah the sore boobs, i remember them well. Seem to have avoided them so far this time so long may that last

Minnie that is great as this seems to be the first thing people mention at all!!

I have another new thing, giant singular hiccups, really loud like a donkey !!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dove2011

Hi all and welcome to our new pregnant momma's

Hope all is well? So my nausea symptoms has disappeared last week so back to eating normal- still so tired. I am going to bed the same time as I put my little girl goes down, daddy not too impressed but hopefully its only for a few more weeks.
    Getting bloods done tomorrow and Grace is getting her 13 month injections- I dont do anything by halves.
    No date for my hospital scan- so annoyed it probably be late Jan- I was well 15 weeks for my first scan. Would love a scan before Christmas.

So any news

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

dove2011 wrote: »
    Hi all and welcome to our new pregnant momma's

Hope all is well? So my nausea symptoms has disappeared last week so back to eating normal- still so tired. I am going to bed the same time as I put my little girl goes down, daddy not too impressed but hopefully its only for a few more weeks.
    Getting bloods done tomorrow and Grace is getting her 13 month injections- I dont do anything by halves.
    No date for my hospital scan- so annoyed it probably be late Jan- I was well 15 weeks for my first scan. Would love a scan before Christmas.

So any news

I'm the same, I go to bed shortly after my one year old! I got my date this morning for my booking scan from the Rotunda, I will be just 14 weeks- it seems like AGES away. I had my booking visit at 10 weeks last time.

I got my booking appointment yesterday for two weeks time! I’ll be 11 ish weeks, by my dates, but I was really hoping to have a scan sooner rather than later to confirm my due date. My cycles have been really really long, so I think that might give me a slightly later due date, and I know the dating scans get less accurate as baby gets bigger!
    Struck down this week with a rotten cough and cold. It’s so miserable! I wish I could tell people why I feel extra sorry for myself, so that they would feel extra sorry for me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dove2011

jlm29 wrote: »
    I got my booking appointment yesterday for two weeks time! I’ll be 11 ish weeks, by my dates, but I was really hoping to have a scan sooner rather than later to confirm my due date. My cycles have been really really long, so I think that might give me a slightly later due date, and I know the dating scans get less accurate as baby gets bigger!
    Struck down this week with a rotten cough and cold. It’s so miserable! I wish I could tell people why I feel extra sorry for myself, so that they would feel extra sorry for me too!

Ha ha, we have a whatapp slimmers group at work and I have totally gone off the radar so told two of them so at least, my partner has told most of his immediate family. His mom called for dinner last night and I was sitting next to her; so I over emphasised my yawn throughout her visit. Really want my date for my scan :( got two letters telling me they will contact me- like Tralee maternity hospital aint that busy- if I didnt have to take Grace into consideration it would be CUMH - it was lovely apparently the after care if better in Tralee and I only live 15 mins from the hospital....

Hey dove,

Hopefully tomorrow goes well for both you ladies. We’re still behind on the 13 mth jabs... eek - hopefully next week

I’m doing ok. Still quite tired but not as bad as the previous 2 weeks. The sore boobs have returned, seems I jinxed myself in my earlier posts lol

jlm29 wrote: »

i had a bad head cold that i am still using as the excuse for why i look so peaky. it doesnt explain my irritability unfortunately :)

Twice yesterday I tried to post and it wouldn’t let me :( now I can’t remmever what I was going to say ha

• Advertisement

We had an early 8 week scan on Monday, it showed that I am pregnant with twins, however one twin is much smaller than the other and they are concerned that it won’t survive. They said that I could have some spotting or that it could just be gone one time when we have an U/S. Trying not to be anxious but our follow up scan on Monday can’t come quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭MysticMe

Mubre wrote: »
    We had an early 8 week scan on Monday, it showed that I am pregnant with twins, however one twin is much smaller than the other and they are concerned that it won’t survive. They said that I could have some spotting or that it could just be gone one time when we have an U/S. Trying not to be anxious but our follow up scan on Monday can’t come quick enough.

Thanks for sharing Mubre, I have never heard of anything like this! But I think it is natural that one twin is a bit behind? Try not to worry, and good luck with the scan on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭MysticMe

Hi everyone I'm due 29 July. It's my first and we were trying for almost 2 years so it was a great surprise when I got the positive tests. I'm anxious and nauseous but I've no other symptoms really yet.

My gp advised to slow things down, I can do yoga but only gentle stuff, have to take running down a notch too and I've tried to cut my caffeine intake right down to only one or two cups of tea (I'd cut my coffee from three a day to one a day over the last while and cut out my beloved diet coke altogether!)
    It's a funny time of year I think I'll get a few comments for not drinking. Myself and the husband have been planning some decoy activities :)

Look forward to hearing how everyone gets on!

Congrats manufangirl :) I was practicing yoga quite intensively (4 times a week, 1.5 hours) and my teacher has asked me to stop up until the 12th week. He insisted on that the embrio has to properly attach to the womb and only after the 12th week I'll be allowed to come to the class. It's interesting you were recommended with continuing yoga.

MysticMe wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing Mubre, I have never heard of anything like this! But I think it is natural that one twin is a bit behind? Try not to worry, and good luck with the scan on Monday.

Thanks, id never heard of it before either. Apparently it’s called vanishing twin syndrome. Trying to stay positive, we will know more at our next scan.

Hi Mubre,

We’d a private scan last week and I mentioned my 2 weeks of spotting to the sonographer and she mentioned similar to me. Said that it could have been twins originally. Only one could be seen last week.

Hopefully it all works out for you now x

Mubre wrote: »
    Thanks, id never heard of it before either. Apparently it’s called vanishing twin syndrome. Trying to stay positive, we will know more at our next scan.

Good luck with it. It’s such a worrying time!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

So I am going to post on her behalf. I'm going to jump in and post ​our story. So in late October we had a positive test. Tried not the get hopes up​,​ a​ few months ago we had an early miscarriage. Hit us hard but chin up and all that. ​This will be our first. ​
    Everything going great so far. Some nausea but she is asleep come 9pm. Lack of energy is hard.
    So today we went for a scan. Doctor arranged it due to previous pregnancy and the good news is we have a healthy baby due 01/07/2019​.
    Having another scan before Xmas and all going well, we share our good news with everyone over the holiday period. The hardest part is making excuses for not drinking, I am getting the blame for that now.

Minnie2017 wrote: »
    Hi Mubre,

We’d a private scan last week and I mentioned my 2 weeks of spotting to the sonographer and she mentioned similar to me. Said that it could have been twins originally. Only one could be seen last week.

Hopefully it all works out for you now x

Minnie, sorry do you mind me asking how many weeks you are now? Were you spotting every day for two weeks? Thanks!

Hey Mubre, I was 10 weeks yesterday and had spotting from 6 wks to 8.5 weeks everyday. It wasn’t heavy enough to go to the hospital but was still there.

How you doing?

• Advertisement

MysticMe wrote: »
    Congrats manufangirl :) I was practicing yoga quite intensively (4 times a week, 1.5 hours) and my teacher has asked me to stop up until the 12th week. He insisted on that the embrio has to properly attach to the womb and only after the 12th week I'll be allowed to come to the class. It's interesting you were recommended with continuing yoga.

Thanks MysticMe. Wow sounds like you are an advanced yogi! When I spoke to my gp I explained I would run a few days a week and yoga other days. She said to slow down with the running and yoga but I could go gently.

Tbh I have barely been able to run it's like going through quicksand and I have just been doing some gentle pre-natal stuff at home, no real twists or inversions, and am able to do about twenty mins if even. I'm looking forward to getting to 12/13 weeks and start back into proper practice, all going well.

I'm just super tired all the time I wish I was able to exercise more for energy but I just need to get used to my new pregnancy body I suppose!

How are you getting on otherwise?

Advertisement