Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dove2011

Called into work last night, i was wearing work trousers a fitted black top and jacket. one of the waitress goes "oh no 2" i was like wud u go away with that. I always had a muffin top.... not ready yet to tell ppl... feck sake why do people think they have a right to comment

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Minnie2017

dove2011 wrote: »
    Called into work last night, i was wearing work trousers a fitted black top and jacket. one of the waitress goes "oh no 2" i was like wud u go away with that. I always had a muffin top.... not ready yet to tell ppl... feck sake why do people think they have a right to comment

This is something that really bugs me! Like if I want you to know I’ll tell you. And until then button it.

On a side note, my tummy has defo popped earlier this time round

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭MysticMe

Oh, I'm not advanced at all, I only started about a year ago and progressivly went from once a week to 3-4 times a week.
    It's actually quite tough now, to not to practice, as it's something I really like.
    Hey, fellow runner! I ran about 4 km yesterday and it felt so good.. We should organise a preggy run in Phoenix park sometime?
    Yes definitely no twists and inversions, I read about jump backs into plank not are not advised either.
    I'm very emotional and irritable as well as tired. Have you told anyone about pregnancy, the family or at work? I haven't told anyone yet.
    Thanks MysticMe. Wow sounds like you are an advanced yogi! When I spoke to my gp I explained I would run a few days a week and yoga other days. She said to slow down with the running and yoga but I could go gently.

Tbh I have barely been able to run it's like going through quicksand and I have just been doing some gentle pre-natal stuff at home, no real twists or inversions, and am able to do about twenty mins if even. I'm looking forward to getting to 12/13 weeks and start back into proper practice, all going well.

I'm just super tired all the time I wish I was able to exercise more for energy but I just need to get used to my new pregnancy body I suppose!

How are you getting on otherwise?

Mubre wrote: »
    Thanks, id never heard of it before either. Apparently it’s called vanishing twin syndrome. Trying to stay positive, we will know more at our next scan.

How was your scan?
    I had an early scan today in Rotunda, and everything seems fine. It was very emotional (I guess it's just me being emotional in general nowadays :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

MysticMe wrote: »
    How was your scan?
    I had an early scan today in Rotunda, and everything seems fine. It was very emotional (I guess it's just me being emotional in general nowadays :) )

I'm an emotional wreck! Have pretty much cried every day/ second day since we found out but they are always happy, excitable tears, like someone winning The Chase or hearing a song I like. I am WRECKED today. So so tired. Strongly considering joining my one year old in his 7pm bedtime.

• Advertisement

Another wrecked person here, I had a busy saturday so went for a 1 hr sleep yday after dinner, it did the world of good for me. So nap when you can girls!

I second this, I worked from home today and had a nap for 40 mins during the lunchtime. But I'm falling asleep everywhere - in a car, on luas, whilst reading a book the list goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 manufangirl

Oh, I'm not advanced at all, I only started about a year ago and progressivly went from once a week to 3-4 times a week.
    It's actually quite tough now, to not to practice, as it's something I really like.
    Hey, fellow runner! I ran about 4 km yesterday and it felt so good.. We should organise a preggy run in Phoenix park sometime?
    Yes definitely no twists and inversions, I read about jump backs into plank not are not advised either.
    I'm very emotional and irritable as well as tired. Have you told anyone about pregnancy, the family or at work? I haven't told anyone yet.

i am finding it tough not being able to keep up my exercise routine which was for me mainly a way to keep energy levels up and manage anxiety. i really sympathise with you too! a run in phoenix park could be done! we can stop for puke or crying breaks as needed :)

i find i am very irritable in work mainly, really tired, napping most days, nauseaous most of the time. also...yesterday i was going to have some jellies and the smell really really turned my stomach, this in turn made me emosh as OMG i cant even have jellies!!!!

i havent told anyone yet, but it took us a very long time to get to this stage so i am a bit nervous about telling and anxious about how to deal with inevitable questions at different things coming up between now and xmas. but might tell the folks at christmas.

deffo not going to tell work until after my booking visit which is mid Jan. it seems so far away! thats why thread is so great it makes it a bit easier to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mubre

How was your scan?

You’re very sweet to check in, unfortunately we got some very sad news today. The big twin no longer has a heartbeat. The small twin still has a heartbeat but has not grown at all since our scan last week. So we have to wait till it’s heart stops and then they will schedule me for a D&C. We are absolutely heartbroken.

Oh Mubre, I’m so sorry to hear that. I’ve been thinking of you all day. Mind yourself and each other in the coming days and weeks xxx

• Advertisement

Mubre, I am so sorry to hear... hold each other close xx

• Registered Users Posts: 29 manufangirl

Mubre I'm very sorry to hear your news. Will be thinking of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

So sorry to hear this. Thinking of you. Look after yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

Mubre- I am so so sorry to read this. What a nightmare.

Hi ladies,

I am a bloody emotional wreck today. Since the time I woke up, I’ve been feeling very meh and have been on the verge of tears. Like wtf? It’s not like I’m stressed or worrying, I’m just a basket case of emotions.

Anyone else experienced this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

Minnie, emmm yes!! I have been a wreck, emotionally and also feeling very offended by anything anyone says !! Yesterday was worse than today.

We got out ultrasound date for the 10th Jan in CUH and the onstretrics one for the morning after. We will however go to the babyscan private place in Ballincollig the week before Christmas just for an impatient look.

Good to know I’m not the only one! I almost burst into tears on the luas earlier for no reason

Mubre wrote: »
    You’re very sweet to check in, unfortunately we got some very sad news today. The big twin no longer has a heartbeat. The small twin still has a heartbeat but has not grown at all since our scan last week. So we have to wait till it’s heart stops and then they will schedule me for a D&C. We are absolutely heartbroken.

Oh no Mubre, I'm so sorry to hear this! I was offline for a few days and logged in to these news, heartbreaking. Please stay strong.

I'm absolutely the same, I get my anxiety levels increasing with no exercise. So I'm back into running, ran 4 km today and feel great.
    Yes, definitely good idea about Phoenix park ha
    i am finding it tough not being able to keep up my exercise routine which was for me mainly a way to keep energy levels up and manage anxiety. i really sympathise with you too! a run in phoenix park could be done! we can stop for puke or crying breaks as needed :)

I'm absolutely the same, I get my anxiety levels increasing with no exercise. So I'm back into running, ran 4 km today and feel great.
    Yes, definitely good idea about Phoenix park ha

If there’s runs in the pheono being organised, count me in :)

• Advertisement

Minnie2017 wrote: »
    If there’s runs in the pheono being organised, count me in :)

Brilliant girls, we should get together:)

Does anyone know about combined care? I got a leaflet from Rotunda with the schedule of visits and it says the first GP visit is free. I'm slightly annoyed that I paid €60 to my GP just to be told that the home tests were very accurate, so I must be pregnant:confused:

i find i am very irritable in work mainly, really tired, napping most days, nauseaous most of the time. also...yesterday i was going to have some jellies and the smell really really turned my stomach, this in turn made me emosh as OMG i cant even have jellies!!!!

i havent told anyone yet, but it took us a very long time to get to this stage so i am a bit nervous about telling and anxious about how to deal with inevitable questions at different things coming up between now and xmas. but might tell the folks at christmas.

deffo not going to tell work until after my booking visit which is mid Jan. it seems so far away! thats why thread is so great it makes it a bit easier to deal with.
    Yes the thread is great as I don't have anyone pregnant around me.
    I started taking Magnesium 3 days ago and I must say I'm much calmer. I got Floradix Magnesium from holland and barrets.
    I'm also not ready to tell anyone until I reach the second trimester.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Does anyone know about combined care? I got a leaflet from Rotunda with the schedule of visits and it says the first GP visit is free. I'm slightly annoyed that I paid €60 to my GP just to be told that the home tests were very accurate, so I must be pregnant:confused:

My gp always charges for 1st visit and then it's free after that.

lainycool wrote: »
    My gp always charges for 1st visit and then it's free after that.

I wasn’t charged for the first visit on this or my last pregnancy. I know I was on the previous ones though. According to that leaflet the first visit is free, but I suppose you haven’t applied for the scheme at that point, so maybe that’s why they charge? It’s a bit much anyhow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Mubre so sorry to hear your news...be kind to yourself.

I went for an early scan today due to 2 previous m/c. Everything looking fine but early days yet as I'm only 7.5 weeks.

When are we supposed to start taking iron?

jlm29 wrote: »
    I wasn’t charged for the first visit on this or my last pregnancy. I know I was on the previous ones though. According to that leaflet the first visit is free, but I suppose you haven’t applied for the scheme at that point, so maybe that’s why they charge? It’s a bit much anyhow!

I think so. It's such a formality though, €60 is definitely too much

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Mubre so sorry to hear your news...be kind to yourself.

I went for an early scan today due to 2 previous m/c. Everything looking fine but early days yet as I'm only 7.5 weeks.

When are we supposed to start taking iron?

They took a blood test first with my first pregnancy to confirm if I was low on iron. But I don't remember when was it, probably at around 12 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

They took a blood test first with my first pregnancy to confirm if I was low on iron. But I don't remember when was it, probably at around 12 weeks.
    I can't remember on my son as it was 9 years ago and I was 13.5 weeks when I found out I was pregnant!

• Advertisement

I’ve never routinely taken iron, only if it came back low on blood tests, always way later on in pregnancy.
    It’s very constipating, so don’t take it unless you need to!

Advertisement