Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2018 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

any word on ist folks? got email saying we will have heard by tomorrow
    If all goes to plan we should receive an email tomorrow that contains a link that will let you access the IST.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cbm27

Update on the PSNI website. Links for the IST are being issued in batches today. Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭nickolatte94

Makes sense, the IST kept crashing last year, probably too many people trying to do it at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

Its Live now folks, I was expecting the email to be like “IST in 2 weeks” but nope... its open now! They are really trying to push through this campaign aren’t they

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭E18

Is everyone going to do it straight away? How long Is the period in order to complete it. Kids off for half term and don't think I'm going to get much quiet time to do it lol

• Advertisement

Until the 20th I think, I am not in the slightest prepared so I will be leaving it until next week! Like I said, I wasn’t expecting it to start today but rather to get an email saying it starts in a few weeks

Aw perfect if that's the case.. don't feel prepared at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Chas18

Hi all , I’m in the same boat I assumed it would be live in a week or so form the email link, I think I will leave it until next week for some piece an quite , has anyone any tips on the IST I have went over the ones on the site and a few others kenexa, but it’s suited for ibm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

I registered on the first day that it opened yet my UID number is 8XXX, there can't have been that many people registering on the first day unless everyone in NI has applied for the police lol

I applied at 9:05am on launch day of the campaign and my UID has no reflection on the number of candidates, unlike last year which it did. Last year there was numbers of about 10K applicants if my memory serves me right but the numbers seem to be randomly allocated this year to avoid anyone from guessing UID’s or whatever I guess

• Advertisement

Interesting...
    Hopefully we will know results in December then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Arniez12

Lockie101 wrote: »
    I applied at 9:05am on launch day of the campaign and my UID has no reflection on the number of candidates, unlike last year which it did. Last year there was numbers of about 10K applicants if my memory serves me right but the numbers seem to be randomly allocated this year to avoid anyone from guessing UID’s or whatever I guess
    Think they just continued on from the 1710 ones

Never mind me...
    I've just received the email with all the info.. eager beaver.

Anyone did the IST yet ? If so, how was it ? I’m holding off until next week to do mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Good luck to everyone taking the IST over the next few weeks. The prize is worth the work. Really read and understand your core competencies and behaviours - you’ll need to have a strong grasp of them in order to choose the ‘best fit’ answer in your situational judgement test element. It’s only ‘easy’ if you can apply that knowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 6 NM59

Have all the emails been sent today

NM59 wrote: »
    Latest message from the join psni website.

“Please note that all links to the online Initial Selection Test (IST) have now been issued. We would advise all candidates to check the mailbox corresponding to the email address provided in your application form (remember to check junk folders) for an email entitled 'Online Initial Selection Test' which will include your unique link to the assessment.

If it appears that you have not received this email, please contact us immediatley via info@joinpsni.co.uk, providing your full name and DOB”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Arniez12

NM59 wrote: »
    If you haven't got it check your spam, mine was there

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Guys I never got the link for stage one? Anyone know what's happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ze0tech

Ciano1997 wrote: »
    Guys I never got the link for stage one? Anyone know what's happening?

Check your spam. Both mine and a friend's were in there

• Advertisement

I really want to get it out of the way but at the same time I want to do a bit more practice but feel like its just one of those tests where you are either going to get it or you're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 djs1990

Well that's the IST done, now you're not meant to talk about it, so all I'll say is it's hard to know if you given the right answers for some, cause you could justify more than one of the answers :ermm:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 djs1990

Well that's the IST done, now you're not meant to talk about it, so all I'll say is it's hard to know if you given the right answers for some, cause you could justify more than one of the answers :ermm:

Good Luck Djs1990! 
    I still haven't brought myself to do it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ZXC53

ML515 wrote: »
    Top tip folks:

If you ever feel like you can justify more that one answer, remember, one is a better fit of the core competencies. Learn your competencies people. You aren’t looking for the “right” answer. You’re looking for the answer they want - best matching the competencies. I can’t stress this enough.

Helpful advice. Is there anywhere where the competencies are actually listed to read over?

IST Completed once again, fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 janedoe8

IST Completed once again, fingers crossed!
    Any advice? I'm too scared lol

Nothing that hasn’t already been said, take your time and read the questions and choose the best answer! Make sure to read each option thorougherly before jumping to conclusions

Nothing that hasn’t already been said, take your time and read the questions and choose the best answer! Make sure to read each option thorougherly before jumping to conclusions
    Was the IST smoother this time round ? No lagging or freezing moving from one question to another ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Aimforstars

I think I'm going to do it today. I'm feeling quite nervous but whatever will be, will be.

Advertisement