Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭geotrig

beejee wrote: »
    Hmm true enough. But then I have seen dumps in japan full of crushed games too.

Most of these pics are from China and are of clones that were scrapped the Japanese (maybe it was just Taito)ran a scrappage scheme of sorts for operators to upgrade to LCD but the traded in had to be destroyed.

Or so I believe anyway lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

But getting back to the Virtua Racing cabinet.
    That is just gorgeous.
    How much is it though????

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oh, and the Minipac is not working out as smoothly as hoped.
    Bugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Bugger.

Arpicade, worth the money😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

But getting back to the Virtua Racing cabinet.
    That is just gorgeous.
    How much is it though????

Will know (or not!) in a couple days, still trying for the group buy for now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Arpicade, worth the money😉

Is that Pi2jamma or something else?

eddhorse wrote: »
    Is that Pi2jamma or something else?

It’s the first one of them, guy on aussiearcade built it, he’s his own build of raspbian with attract-mode as the front end, he has regular updates and supports all the latest emulators, there is also a version of retropi which runs on the same hardware. It’s a great piece of kit, have it running in my cab and in a friends too and runs flawlessly.
    Check out the site
    Arpicade.com

It’s the first one of them, guy on aussiearcade built it, he’s his own build of raspbian with attract-mode as the front end, he has regular updates and supports all the latest emulators, there is also a version of retropi which runs on the same hardware. It’s a great piece of kit, have it running in my cab and in a friends too and runs flawlessly.
    Check out the site
    Arpicade.com

I'm only after getting the current 32gb image!
    Feck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭Inviere

Bugger.

What's up with it? Those PAC products are all usually preconfigured & ready to rock?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Well that's the end of that...

43723433190_85e7b8972f_c.jpg

Hopefully get it resprayed over the weekend and can start putting it back together.

• Advertisement

Well that's the end of that...

43723433190_85e7b8972f_c.jpg

Hopefully get it resprayed over the weekend and can start putting it back together.

you missed a trick there.
    youre supposed to stand in the refection bollocks naked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,589 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

you missed a trick there.
    youre supposed to stand in the refection bollocks naked :D

Remind me never to look back through the photos you've posted :D

Inviere wrote: »
    What's up with it? Those PAC products are all usually preconfigured & ready to rock?

No, just came up as a keyboard.
    Pain
    In
    Me
    Hole

No, just came up as a keyboard.
    Pain
    In
    Me
    Hole

As per design :) They are keyboard emulators only, I think joystick input in Mame used to have a performance hit many moons ago.

You need one of these cheapo kits for joystick emulation.

GODDAMMIT!

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

beejee wrote: »
    Will know (or not!) in a couple days, still trying for the group buy for now

I'd jump into the group buy but I've no room left for cabs.

Would you consider contacting Token about this https://tokendublin.ie/?

They are expanding the building and it would be great to see these cabs stay in Ireland and actually go to a public location so we could all enjoy some of these classics like outrun dlx or virtua racing.

I would imagine Token would only be looking for working cabs, their pleas for repair help on FB suggest that they're not interested in projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

was that not the cork barcade looking for help with the vector monitor of starwars on facebook? Is the cork place owned by the same company?

was that not the cork barcade looking for help with the vector monitor of starwars on facebook? Is the cork place owned by the same company?

Oops my mistake :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭geotrig

From what posts ive seen on them (BOTH), they would prob put a lcds in and convert the outrun dlx to mame !:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

The Ipac can be configured to work as a Joystick emulator as well if you change the default firmware

https://www.ultimarc.com/download.html

Or, Retropi (and the likes) can be configured to work with keyboards

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Keyboard-Controllers

So no more excuses Cidey :)

The Ipac can be configured to work as a Joystick emulator as well if you change the default firmware

https://www.ultimarc.com/download.html

Or, Retropi (and the likes) can be configured to work with keyboards

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Keyboard-Controllers

So no more excuses Cidey :)

Sure next time you are driving past you can call in and do it for me!
    I'm past all this "configuring a RPI is a form of personal growth" bull, I just want it to work now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

geotrig wrote: »
    Lol some people take things too serious, I know some of the other raids in the UK got sketchy and their was some f drama when sf4 was coming out as well.. Puts you off the hobby or any hobby in fairness

don't mean to drag this back up but can I get some more info on the SF4 drama?

Sure next time you are driving past you can call in and do it for me!
    I'm past all this "configuring a RPI is a form of personal growth" bull, I just want it to work now!
    I'm like a broken record here but.......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭Inviere

You seem to be cursed with always needing an additional part/loom/board to get things running right. I thought it was a JPAC you were getting, I've never used a Mini PAC, seems TLB is correct they are for buttons/spinners etc.

When I had a cab, I bought a JPAC. Granted I was running it via a PC, but you just plug it into the JAMMA harness, connect the pc up to it (Pi in your case), and boom, everything just works...coin switches, buttons, sticks, start buttons, everything.

You're lost in the mire of adding different boards onto a chain of existing boards. Just rip it all out, buy a JPAC, connect it to the Pi (or better yet an old PC), and be done with it.

I'm at a lose-end this weekend (wifey is away with kids) so I should be around for a few hours to give you a hand to sort this out ?

geotrig wrote: »
    From what posts ive seen on them (BOTH), they would prob put a lcds in and convert the outrun dlx to mame !:pac::pac::pac:

Been in there a few times. Every time, at different times of the day/night, they have had the sound turned 100% off on most of the machines so as people can hear the radio. Could be just really strange timing, but I'm not interested in going back simply for that reason.

Definitely aimed at the "hip" end of things, ie "doesn't this LOOK cool while I sit back and have a drink"

Suppose that's the best you'll get for an arcade now in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I'm like a broken record here but.......

I've got one of those, which I will most likely throw out of a speeding car window one of these days.

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    I've got one of those, which I will most likely throw out of a speeding car window one of these days.

Why, I love mine, if you are gonna part with it let me know where youre speeding past so I can catch it:D

• Advertisement

I've been on the lookout for this game for ages, Monster Maulers, from konami. Used to love playing it in quirkeys. And apparently I was the only one that liked it then, and now!

There are two copies up on ebay. One is a guy in japan that charges RIDICULOUS money for all his pcb's. Im sure he uses them to simply attract attention to the rest of his stuff. Been there for years (like all his stuff)

Some Spanish dude also put one up for sale recently too (within the last year), obviously saw the only copy (the jap guy), and copied his ridiculous price too.

So its a bid mad. Nobody seems to want this game but me, anywhere, yet the two available have prices based out of their ars*es.

Anyone else remember this? Basically a parody game, with hilarious music in some parts, and a nod or two to other games (such as gradius).

(if anyone has one gathering dust, let me know :))

Edit: just to note, that Japanese guy seems to price his games at about triple or quadruple or more the going rate, so I think this game is worth between the 100 and 200 mark. Rarity means nothing is nobody wants it!

Advertisement