Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    How much did that sell for?
    That's one of those games I'd give my right arm for, only I wouldn't then be able to play it...

:eek:

Originally? It was going for 60 euro. Everything was going for 60 euro. But thanks to complete f*ckery, the price kept rising and rising. The operators were really sound lads, so at least it worked out for them nicely.

there was a turtles, simpsons, gti club, virtua racing, outrun dlx, sega rally 2, naomi, a bunch of generic cabinets including intervideos and BAS, fast and furious twin, sega gp rider twin, super hang on upright, super hang on sit-down, a few more.

I think I'm taking a breather from the whole thing for a while, and will get back to stuff later.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

A Sega GP Rider Twin too???

Jesus man, this is all hard to believe. :D

I think I'd have shat myself the moment they said 60 quid each.

Master of the Universe

Quite a bit more info after going up on that UKVAC thread. Apparently there was a Time Crisis twin too...60 quid I can't even.

By the sounds of things it all went to Arcade Club in the UK for 4k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭geotrig

cant access ukvac from work :(

edit : got to say i love that Ed mcmahon gif !

geotrig wrote: »
    cant access ukvac from work :(

edit : got to say i love that Ed mcmahon gif !

Im the same!
    use google translate and it works .
    they block ukvac but not reddit :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Yeah,same here some odd blocks but i normally use google translate to access sites but its odd for me with UKVAC ,I cant access the rules page on AO but can access everything else lol.
    Read through it ON another proxy now anyway :rolleyes:
    ac now not taking them by the looks of it !!! didnt this happen already with another raid in ireland a few years back gazumper and gazumpers all trying to outdo each other!

beejee when this all blows over you might throw up some pics for us to drool over !:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

o1s1n wrote: »
    Quite a bit more info after going up on that UKVAC thread. Apparently there was a Time Crisis twin too...60 quid I can't even.

By the sounds of things it all went to Arcade Club in the UK for 4k.

And the Merry-go-round keeps on spinning. Apparently an Italian bidder is now offering more...

But I suspect if you turned up in a truck with cash they'd be yours. Truck with tail lift rental is €60 a day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I don't know any of the ukvac lads but seen someone posting up "he's a snake" followed by a phone number and the usual right g me and we sort this out stuff!

****ing hell like, bit over the top!

some people on those sites will never get along ..there has always been a bit of aggro between the places ! the reason some cross posting didnt happen all along before j+ went down

some people if they think they are missing out seem to think noone should benefit ...pity

Well apparently this is falling apart. I'll mention it here, Andy from arcade club is pulling out because some dude from Italy has offered more. It currently sits at 4500 for the lot. Absolute mess

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Maybe its me but the hassle of getting that many cabs to Italy would turn me off if i was selling, id rather someone just drive over and take them. I can understand sending one over on a pallet to a private sale, but that many and for only 4500 seems like too much effort.

Id rather sell them for less and to someone local. whats involved there for the seller? packing them all up into a container or something?

all this aggro for some firewood :pac: I'll stick with my candies :lol:

Master of the Universe

Maybe its me but the hassle of getting that many cabs to Italy would turn me off if i was selling, id rather someone just drive over and take them. I can understand sending one over on a pallet to a private sale, but that many and for only 4500 seems like too much effort.

Id rather sell them for less and to someone local. whats involved there for the seller? packing them all up into a container or something?

Definitely! Maybe the whole thing will fall apart and we'll be able to hoover them up at their original asking price of €60. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

215TApM.gif

I've seen too many amazing vintage 80s cars be sold and brought to the port never to return to know it's a bad idea.
    We can thank our ridiculous motortax for that, now they are all eligible for vintage tax everyone wants them back but unfortunately old cars get broken for parts because they usually fetch way more money :(
    I wish I hadn't sold my R5 GTT, never to be seen again, I think it's actually in Galway, probably rotting in some lovely atlantic sea air in a Connemara garden:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Brakes are for losers is a pretty fun little game and I got it on the switch as it's currently 99c on the switch eShop (It's like a cross between micro machines and super sprint arcade)
    This was one of the intro screens I thought was pretty cool and a nice nod to the retro arcade gamers:
    image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭BGOllie

what a mess.

on a lighter note, here's the finished Taito cab. Finished the glass resurfacing and polishing this weekend and made custom Frogger art to fit the Taito instruction card space :

44526596_10156792077083276_3118561764917116928_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=dca315927376cd7b33686c5c54e6b9bb&oe=5C4CB735

geotrig wrote: »
    Yeah,same here some odd blocks but i normally use google translate to access sites but its odd for me with UKVAC ,I cant access the rules page on AO but can access everything else lol.
    Read through it ON another proxy now anyway :rolleyes:
    ac now not taking them by the looks of it !!! didnt this happen already with another raid in ireland a few years back gazumper and gazumpers all trying to outdo each other!

beejee when this all blows over you might throw up some pics for us to drool over !:pac:

Yeah no problem with pictures. But is there no way to just "add" a picture to posts from my computer, and have it already displayed? Do I have to upload them as attachments that must be clicked upon?

Also for a bit more visibility, I put up three project cabinets in the marketplace section, a naomi and 2 intervideos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

beejee wrote: »
    Yeah no problem with pictures. But is there no way to just "add" a picture to posts from my computer, and have it already displayed? Do I have to upload them as attachments that must be clicked upon?

I usually upload to https://imgur.com/ and post the links into your post

Master of the Universe

beejee wrote: »
    Also for a bit more visibility, I put up three project cabinets in the marketplace section, a naomi and 2 intervideos :)

Fair play, that's some price :O

If I had the space I'd be all over them. Would love to take the Naomi as a project.

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Fair play, that's some price :O

If I had the space I'd be all over them. Would love to take the Naomi as a project.

It's a decent price I think. Hopefully will be getting more stuff going soon too :)

Decent? thats a fantastic price for those 3!

Decent? thats a fantastic price for those 3!

Yep,
    hopefully they dont end up gutted on adverts.ie with lcds and 60-1s :mad:

Roll up, roll up! Read all about it!

This raid isn't dead. Theres a possibility for us here to get the stuff instead of a guy from Italy. Was just talking to operator, and nothing is done yet. Unfortunately its not the bargain price it was before, but...

So, as a last ditch attempt, if the people here wanted to, and could, put in their own collective offer...now is the time to get talking amongst yourselves. I already have mitchomagics and jack burtons numbers, I don't know how it would/could be organised, but theres a sliver of a chance remaining.

I hope this works out for someone here.
    can i really want to see some pics!:cool:

That Turtles cab needs to be rescued!

I hope this works out for someone here.
    can i really want to see some pics!:cool:

Until this thing is 100% dead (as opposed to 95% currently), its best I don't put up any pictures.

Jack burton and mitch know the basics, so if ye want to chat amongst yourselves, go for it

I still have the keys! Its the slightly heavier part that I'm missing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭Inviere

Do it Keith. Fairly sure they had one of those in XL Bowl btw, so you kinda have to...:D

• Advertisement

Ah no I’d be very surprised if Jack Burton wasn’t going after that one haha

Someone needs to save it though. It’s such a great cab. If something happens and no one is going for that I’d make room no problem. I’d easily break up the mame cab with a hammer out the back for it haha

Advertisement