Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I'd love that turtles cab!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

I'd love that turtles cab!

Well you've seen it now, the love will only grow :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

So what's the story? Would we need to pool cash together here to buy cabs or are they willing to split them up?

Jack B - time to test out how big your garage really is :D

o1s1n wrote: »
    So what's the story? Would we need to pool cash together here to buy cabs or are they willing to split them up?

Jack B - time to test out how big your garage really is :D

I think splitting would be out of the question now. So its a group buy as it stands.

I'll do my best to remember everything again.

Konami GTI club upright
    Turtles
    3 more of those intervideos (or 4), see an example in my for sale ad in marketplace.
    2 or BAS cabinets.
    Virtua racing upright (rare, never seen one before anywhere else)
    Sega rally 2 upright
    Sega GP rider twin
    Super hang on upright
    Super hang on sit down (rare too, as far as a I know)
    Outrun dlx
    Fast and Furious twin
    Simpsons

Im sure im forgetting 1 or 2, but that's the bulk. Some certainly need repairs, most are pretty great cosmetically, some I didn't get to test at all. All were put into storage years upon years ago, hence the good condition I suppose.

Its all a long shot now, but better some chance than no chance I guess :/

I'd have €400 to throw down for TMNT and Simpsons anyway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

How much would the Virtua Racing upright be?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭Inviere

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

One marriage I'd assume.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Inviere wrote: »
    One marriage I'd assume.

That would be about right.... Might be worth it though...

You can see a video of virtua racing upright here

https://youtu.be/Klw2MDkNECM

Very cool :)

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Fight ya for it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭Inviere

beejee wrote: »
    You can see a video of virtua racing upright here

https://youtu.be/Klw2MDkNECM

Very cool :)

So so cool. Never seen one of them before. Does it have the seat module?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭geotrig

I'm almost certain I've seen one before without the seat. Seats prob an American thing maybe. I know there is a Monaco gpwith a similar topper but I'm almost certain I've seen or /playing certain on a vr.

Would love to throw a few Bob in but funds are non existent at the moment as well as too many other projects o\ ... Hang on and vr would be awesome dedicateds to have.

Didn't see a seat I'm afraid. Possibly elsewhere in the place

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I dont think ill be throwing in here myself either, I hope that turtles cab ends up with Jack Burton though!

If you work something out and need a hand moving give me a shout id love to just go have a look!

Im sure its been asked, but I need to make sure, any pinballs up there or old arcade signs etc ?

I dont think ill be throwing in here myself either, I hope that turtles cab ends up with Jack Burton though!

If you work something out and need a hand moving give me a shout id love to just go have a look!

Im sure its been asked, but I need to make sure, any pinballs up there or old arcade signs etc ?

It's looking less and less likely, but will certainly let you know.

No pinballs or signs unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Any jamma boards?

I would go to help out also if needed.

eddhorse wrote: »
    Any jamma boards?

I would go to help out also if needed.

Good to know. No, not many spectacular boards. Due a big bunch soon though, looking forward to that (blowing up in my face)

Master of the Universe

Good to know. No, not many spectacular boards. Due a big bunch soon though, looking forward to that (blowing up in my face)

Keep me in the loop for that too, I'd hoover up boards :)

Keep me in the loop for that too, I'd hoover up boards :)

I realised the like button! Yeah, more games are good! Nothing beats getting a box or two of unknown stuff, racing home to try it out :)

My weirdest find of all time was years back. I had just gotten my first cabinet and all into getting games, hounding places up and down the country. Walking down the road one day, middle of day, one of the busiest streets in Dublin...theres a sunset riders just kicked to the side of the wall, hundreds of people just walking past!

Strange. And no, you're not getting it back, mr butter fingers (would absolutely love to know the story of how that got there, but never will) :P

At this point I think I can detect pcbs through walls

when ever i get a box of pcbs they are nearly always bootlegs ,
    did find a TMNTs once in a box i got off an OP in wexford.

• Advertisement

when ever i get a box of pcbs they are nearly always bootlegs ,
    did find a TMNTs once in a box i got off an OP in wexford.

Funnily enough, I don't think Ive ever gotten a bootleg, sheer luck. Speaking of wexford, I was after a cps2 stuff for ages, telling the guy "yeah the ones with the plastic cases"

He gave me cps 1.5 games instead, and I was really disappointed about it at the time. Not so much now :)

Good find on turtles though!

Master of the Universe

He gave me cps 1.5 games instead, and I was really disappointed about it at the time. Not so much now :)

Good find on turtles though!

Punisher, Cadillacs? :D

Most of my stuff came from abroad, luckily back when things were cheaper, but theyre definitely missing that found magic.

I do have an Irish found MVS of Pulstar and a desuicided King of Dragons which are pretty special. Wish I'd more stuff from Irish arcades tbh.

Punisher, Cadillacs? :D

Most of my stuff came from abroad, luckily back when things were cheaper, but theyre definitely missing that found magic.

I do have an Irish found MVS of Pulstar and a desuicided King of Dragons which are pretty special. Wish I'd more stuff from Irish arcades tbh.

Cadillacs and the fates of fury one? The side scroller with the Japanese samurai kind of thing. Its actually not brilliant, just okay to me. So that one got lost in the sands of time, but still have cadillacs, its excellent! Love the music.

Always wanted to get a punisher, but it just keeps escaping me. I remember a Capcom big blue in *redacted*! I'll actually give them a shot and see if its buried somewhere, forgot all about that :) Anyway, they had alien versus predator and punisher that theyd swap on the same machine. AvP is great gameplay, but the music...not so much.

I don't have an awful lot of games, but good quality stuff. Have to remember an awful lot of machines were manufactured here in Ireland for the rest of Europe.

Overall, prices are just out of control, I gave up on them a while ago.

Once you have Cadillac's you don't need anything else!!!

geotrig wrote: »
    Once you have Cadillac's you don't need anything else!!!

Yet here I am scurrying around caves and ditches for more :P

I was just saying to someone else, I used to have a bunch of cabinets way back, operators just wanted them gone. When I'd be moving around I would sell them off at rock bottom, and then usually throw in a bunch of games for free too.

I distinctly remember getting a cabinet with like 10 mvs games, streetfighter 2, raiden, and like 4 or 5 more...for 100 quid.

Then sold the cabinet to someone else for 100 quid, and I think I gave them even more games than I had received on that one deal. If I remember correctly, the only reason I didn't give cadillacs away at the time was because it wasn't working, battery had died. Lucky!

When you've tasted that kind of stuff, and then someone sells a cadillacs for 1200 quid nowadays, you think youre living on a different planet.

I've always thrown boards and stuff with all my stuff I've moved on with some regrets at few years later lol , I'm a terrible sales man... But Cadillac's was never a game I'd consider including in anything I'm being buried with /in it.

Back when I got a pinball from Tramore, a few weeks before the bank took over the arcade :O. Rang up and the guy said that they literally just dumped a pile of cabs from the storage unit a week before.

Don't know exactly what was there but I remember they had everything when I went there as a kid so some gems went out. They also had the HOTD 2 sit down cab with the curtain. Think that got dumped too :(

Back when I got a pinball from Tramore, a few weeks before the bank took over the arcade :O. Rang up and the guy said that they literally just dumped a pile of cabs from the storage unit a week before.

Don't know exactly what was there but I remember they had everything when I went there as a kid so some gems went out. They also had the HOTD 2 sit down cab with the curtain. Think that got dumped too :(

The worst one I personally came across was in Bray, the big place down the end of the promenade near the hill.

I got there 3 weeks too late, according to the guy (really nice guy), they had just destroyed all their old stock which amounted to over a hundred cabinets (they had storage elsewhere, if I remember correctly).

"What about the games?!" I asked while wringing his neck,

"Oh I sent them over to England for the mame project"

Gah! Theres that aussie guy "guru" or something, and he set up this thing were people/operators all over the world were sending him stuff for free to get downloaded to mame, jesus h chist, imagine how many games he has/had?!

I contacted him a couple times, narky git. But then he probably gets contacted a million times a week, so...:P

Yeah like that's the problem. Once they stop making money they are worthless to OPs. Just paperweights at that stage.

The Japanese know how to do it. Make the cabs from metal. Good luck burning them for firewood :p

• Advertisement

Yeah like that's the problem. Once they stop making money they are worthless to OPs. Just paperweights at that stage.

The Japanese know how to do it. Make the cabs from metal. Good luck burning them for firewood :p

Hmm true enough. But then I have seen dumps in japan full of crushed games too.

I find the world of operators is full of the most eccentric people, loads of stories from years back. But some of them, even if they were paperweights to them, would not let them go.

Theres one in particular who the other operators didn't "love". He would buy a cabinet for 10k, then 4 years later another operator would offer to buy from him...but he wouldn't let it go for less than 10k. He had a bit of a monopoly over the others, and he used it.. He was one of the test centers for sega, when they made a new game, they would demo it here in Ireland to see how it went.

Advertisement