Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamweek 10 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Chesty08 wrote: »
    .2 in the difference and will play more games than him. I’d probably look elsewhere for guaranteed 4.5 starter or Matt Doherty

That’s not necessarily true, Klopp likes Lovren and he’s been very good for Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Anyone else deciding on a Kane replacement? Who are we going for? Thinking Arnie myself.

Firmino in done. Didn't see him being tipped anywhere (probably for good reason :o ) but going with my gut

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭VW 1

Hojberg and shaw -> romeu and mendy.

Needed to free up funds, never use hojberg as is, and mendy will pick up more points than shaw, hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,654 ✭✭✭Cartman78

After 3 solid days of solid mulling and pontificating I'm close to the following for a -4...

Kane --> Firmino
    Ings --> Arnie
    Bednarek --> Chilwell

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Two clean sheets for Leicester so far this season...don't see the attraction with their defenders. Just don't trust them.

• Advertisement

Cartman78 wrote: »
    After 3 solid days of solid mulling and pontificating I'm close to the following for a -4...

Kane --> Firmino
    Ings --> Arnie
    Bednarek --> Chilwell

I have 2 fts, done Kane to Firmino and was v close to Ings to Arnie, but do you not think it's best to hold off for another week considering Ings has Newcastle?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭loadwire

Thinking of:
    Trippier to Gomez
    Dilva to Salah

loadwire wrote: »
    Thinking of:
    Trippier to Gomez
    Dilva to Salah

Wouldn't fancy Gomez myself, although I have TAA. What about Chilwell or Holebas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Any love for Laporte?

Can’t do Tripper & Hojbjerg to Mendy & any playing player (4.3)

But if I do trippier & Hojbjerg to Mendy I’ll have 4.8 left, might get Josh Murphy from Cardiff. He won’t play much unless others are dropped or rested unexpectedly

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Two clean sheets for Leicester so far this season...don't see the attraction with their defenders. Just don't trust them.

I'd love to get Chilwell into my team but there's busy no room for him at the moment. Could prove to be a very savvy move over the coming weeks.

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Any love for Laporte?

Can’t do Tripper & Hojbjerg to Mendy & any playing player (4.3)

But if I do trippier & Hojbjerg to Mendy I’ll have 4.8 left, might get Josh Murphy from Cardiff. He won’t play much unless others are dropped or rested unexpectedly

Wouldn't spend over 4.5m on a non playing 5th mid. What about Camarassa for Cardiff? On some set pieces.

I've still got Ward fwiw :P

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Given that aguero has only played 65 mins each of his last 5 games. Im thinking
    Aguero - Firmino
    TAA - Robertson..(-4)
    Worth it??

Wouldn't spend over 4.5m on a non playing 5th mid. What about Camarassa for Cardiff? On some set pieces.

I've still got Ward fwiw :P

Good point... the fifth mod isn’t really that important to me. Think I’ll get

Laporte and Camarassa In
    Trippier and Hojbjerg out

Unless anyone sees any reason not too?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,160 ✭✭✭✭km79

Good point... the fifth mod isn’t really that important to me. Think I’ll get

Laporte and Camarassa In
    Trippier and Hojbjerg out

Unless anyone sees any reason not too?

I think you will regret going for Laporte instead of Mendy in all honesty
    Just do the midfield one and wait till next week on the other .........I don’t think laporte will outscore trippier this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

sanket wrote: »
    Given that aguero has only played 65 mins each of his last 5 games. Im thinking
    Aguero - Firmino
    TAA - Robertson..(-4)
    Worth it??
    I don't understand this fascination with Agueros game time, he is still picking up the points which is what the game is about. With the amount of goals City are scoring, you need their players in your team, the beauty of Aguero is he is consistently starting, unlike their midfielders who are always rotating. I'd be more inclined to drop Aguero if he was being dropped for games, instead he is guaranteed the lions share of game time without being flogged, I see that as a win win.

Aguero is the highest scoring forward in the game, amassing 58 points with 641 minutes game time, Firmino has 35 points in 675 minutes. Firmino will likely outscore Aguero this GW but long term Aguero is the better option. I expect Aguero to still be highest scoring forward at the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

It's a bit frustrating when you think about the damage he could do to the weaker teams in the last 20 minutes of a game, but I'll still take an hour of Aguero over 90 minutes of nearly every other striker at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think ill have to fix my one wildcard mistake and get in robertson this week. Ill probably get him in for balbuena and keep Taa aswell. Im thinking the liverpool back 4 will be Taa lovren vvd robertson this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

tailgunner wrote: »
    It's a bit frustrating when you think about the damage he could do to the weaker teams in the last 20 minutes of a game, but I'll still take an hour of Aguero over 90 minutes of nearly every other striker at the moment.

Definitely, it's frustrating he's not on the pitch to run at defenders when they have tired legs, but at the same time, hopefully that means he's less likely to get an injury and plays the full season uninterrupted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

sanket wrote:
    Given that aguero has only played 65 mins each of his last 5 games. Im thinking Aguero - Firmino TAA - Robertson..(-4) Worth it??

Firmino is not playing as a striker anymore so don't think he's a good fpl option this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Firmino is not playing as a striker anymore so don't think he's a good fpl option this season.

Thats not correct. He played as a '10' last night but the vast majority of his game time has been in his usual position.

He also scored last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Benimar wrote:
    Thats not correct. He played as a '10' last night but the vast majority of his game time has been in his usual position.

His usual position is false 9. I don't wanna get too technical here but a lot of the time he ends up playing deeper than Salah. He'll still get a lot of chances but don't be fooled into thinking he's playing as an out and out striker like Aguero for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

His usual position is false 9. I don't wanna get too technical here but a lot of the time he ends up playing deeper than Salah. He'll still get a lot of chances but don't be fooled into thinking he's playing as an out and out striker like Aguero for example.

His position hasn't changed from last season, when he was a good FPL option (15 goals, 8 assists).

He's not Aguero (no one is) but he isn't playing any deeper this season and he will get you points. In the 8-10m bracket hes as good an option as any given upcoming fixtures (over the season Lacazette will score more I'd imagine).

Personally, I won't get him as I have Salah, but for a 'cheaper' way into the Liverpool attack, hes a good option imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭loadwire

Wouldn't fancy Gomez myself, although I have TAA. What about Chilwell or Holebas?

Looking for Liverpool defensive coverage but also want to bring Salah in so having to look at the cheaper options. From what I've heard/read Gomez might be the best bet of Lovren/TAA/Gomez to start most games.

km79 wrote: »
    I think you will regret going for Laporte instead of Mendy in all honesty
    Just do the midfield one and wait till next week on the other .........I don’t think laporte will outscore trippier this weekend

While Laporte is scoring decent his attacking returns are basically nil.

Hojbjerg is 4.4 so I can’t replace him with anyone worth while at that price as I’ve nothin itb.

Maybe downgrade Silva to a cheaper mid and get Mendy for Trippier?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

What's the group think on TAA?

I noticed a few of you are sticking to your guns and holding onto him. He did play last night but he also has sat out the last two GWs, which is a concern.

I may hold onto for this week and have Bennett as the 1st sub but I'm interested to see what you're doing with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

carnie wrote: »

I noticed a few of you are sticking to your guns and holding onto him. He did play last night but he also has sat out the last two GWs, which is a concern.

I may hold onto for this week and have Bennett as the 1st sub but I'm interested to see what you're doing with him.

I reckon there's a good chance he starts this weekend. After that i'd probably look at ditching him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

He needs to be sold in the next while as he is now going to be rotated regularly but maybe not this week . I think he has a good chance of starting this saturday due to the attacking threat he offers id then expect klopp to go with gomez at rb for the arsenal game .

• Registered Users Posts: 48,160 ✭✭✭✭km79

While Laporte is scoring decent his attacking returns are basically nil.

Hojbjerg is 4.4 so I can’t replace him with anyone worth while at that price as I’ve nothin itb.

Maybe downgrade Silva to a cheaper mid and get Mendy for Trippier?
    Yes and upgrade Ricky to kdb next week perhaps ........

km79 wrote: »
    Yes and upgrade Ricky to kdb next week perhaps ........

Well on current prices I can do (over the next few days)

Tripper - Mendy
    Dilva - 5.4 (Kennedy or Neves stand out)
    And have enough itb for
    Richarlison- KDB provided neither rises or falls
    My squad for GW11 would look like this then

Leno Hamer
    Mendy Robertson zaba Bennet AWB
    Salah Hazard KDB Hojbjerg 5.4
    Kun Ings Mitro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

He needs to be sold in the next while as he is now going to be rotated regularly but maybe not this week . I think he has a good chance of starting this saturday due to the attacking threat he offers id then expect klopp to go with gomez at rb for the arsenal game .

Yeah I'd agree more or less with the above. I posted a few days ago saying I'd keep him.

The thing is at 5.0 (if you bought him at that), if you have a good bench it's not a huge disaster if he plays the easy games and is benched for the tougher ones which is kind of how I see the state of play at the moment. It's not like you've invested too much in him.

I expect him to play against Cardiff and probably sit out against Arsenal.

If the rotation becomes too much I'll drop him, but it's a steep climb up to Robbo for me at this stage. I still think Klopp views him as the number 1 right-back for most games.

I'd wait a little longer, but if you're bench is a shambles then maybe that's a different story as you might not be able to afford a rotation risk like that

Advertisement