Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamweek 10 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Green&Red wrote: »
    Mane down again tonite, he’ll be coming in for Sane
    Not touching Mane,he usually takes couple of weeks to settle..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

sanket wrote: »
    People stuck in TAA boat,what are ye thoughts..TAA
    >Gomez?same price.same team..

Same issues tbh. I totally misread that situation as I avoided Robertson as he’s been looking knackered and I feared a ‘surprise’ rest for him.

Lovren has played well in his 2 starts, so unfortunately I now think it’s 2 from 3 with TAA, Gomez and Lovren. I’ll see how the CL goes but might just look at bringing in Robertson...or Alisson.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

BlondeBomb wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Martial? Likely to start now?

Martial,lingard, mata all the same always a poor 45 minutes away from being out of the team for weeks. Its been the same with those 3 since jose has been in charge. Doesnt seem to trust any of them and has too many options at a similar level to bring in to change things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Will be sinking in OR and mini-leagues again this GW - have 2 FT's and don't know where to start - still hit free so far this season and not averse to taking a multi-hit mini-wildcard approach if needs be.

Current squad:

Foster | Hamer

TAA | Alonso | Bednarek | Doherty | AWB

Salah | Hazard | Maddison | Fraser | Richarlison

Ings | Mitrovic | Kane

Have 2 FT's and don't know where to start - still hit free so far this season and not averse to taking a multi-hit mini-wildcard approach if needs be.

Issues:

- Defence suddenly looking very shaky - PAL & WOL have horrendous fixtures coming up; Bednarek is fodder; TAA seemingly out of favour(?)

- I think it's time to move Richarlison on - ideally moving him out would be in a swap for Mane

- Kane doesn't look right still imho; needs a break

- Want to keep Salah; having held him all season it would be nuts to sell now. Would hope that he gets a rest in midweek.

- No Man City cover

Options in my head so far:

1) Kane & Ings out for Lacazette & Arnie (1.5m ITB)

2) Kane & Ings out for Lacazette & Arnie, and Benarek out for max 5.4m defender (Bellerin, Stones etc, or a cheapie like Cedric) -4

3) Kane out for Lacazette, and Maddison to Mane (0.0 ITB)

Any other obvious option I'm missing (?)

Cheers cm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Patricio Hamer
    Mendy Alonso A Smith AWB Bennett
    D Silva Hazard Salah Ricky Ward
    Aguero Jimenez Arnautovic

0.0 in the bank.

Will hold D Silva another week. I can't see him being left out for the Spurs game.

I could use the transfer to move A Smith on for a Brighton defender (though I feel I may have missed the boat now). Or I could get rid of Ward for Gunnarsson or Hojberg for a playing sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Can anyone tell me whats the issue with TAA? Is he just out of favor since Lovren has come back and Gomez is starting as the WB now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Can anyone tell me whats the issue with TAA? Is he just out of favor since Lovren has come back and Gomez is starting as the WB now?

He played very poorly against Napoli and was dropped for the City game. He looked knackered so I figured he was just getting a rest.

I was fairly surprised he wasn't back in v Huddersfield and, with both Lovren and Gomez playing well, its a bit unclear when he'll get back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

SlickRic wrote: »
    Patricio Hamer
    Mendy Alonso A Smith AWB Bennett
    D Silva Hazard Salah Ricky Ward
    Aguero Jimenez Arnautovic

Or I could get rid of Ward for Gunnarsson or Hojberg for a playing sub.

Could do worse than Ward to Hojberg, he's close to a rise and actually looked like Southampton's most dangerous player in the highlights I saw, albeit they were long range efforts he had. Can see him continuing to get the odd goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

sanket wrote: »
    People stuck in TAA boat,what are ye thoughts..TAA
    >Gomez?same price.same team..

Holding for the moment. I still fancy TAA to play the easier home matches at RB over Gomez.

I'd be very surprised if TAA didn't play home to Cardiff. He offers far more offensively than Gomez.

Gomez seems to be relatively safe as it seems he may play CB for these easy games and RB for the away games, but it's all up in the air a bit with Lovren back.

None of Lovren, TAA or Gomez are 100% nailed imo, but Gomez seems the best shout for the moment.

I'm holding TAA for the moment. At his price if he does continue to play in the easier games and you have a strong bench it's not a terrible option and not a pressing transfer imo.

But if I was on a wildy I'd be forking out the extra for Robbo who is definitely nailed and offers great attacking returns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Morzadec wrote: »
    But if I was on a wildy I'd be forking out the extra for Robbo who is definitely nailed and offers great attacking returns
    No. Stop it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Shedite27 wrote: »
    No. Stop it!

Petition to rename the thread to Wildy 2018/2019 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭Porthallian

WC is the only acceptable alternative :P

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

TAA out...more than likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Shedite27 wrote: »
    No. Stop it!

Wildy activated! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Yes Yes

Mendy
    Salah
    Vardy

No No

Trippier
    Mane
    Kane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Mané/ Firmino or Salah/Wilson?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Job done
    Shaw - Mendy
    Mane -KDB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,706 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Mané/ Firmino or Salah/Wilson?

Salah/Wilson I'd say

464372.png

Looking for some advice...

Strange (but good) position this week of having 2 FTs but being pretty happy with my team. There's no obvious move I could make that makes me much stronger for the next few GWs imo, but maybe I'm missing something.

£0.0 in the bank so no funds to play with - any suggestions for one FT?

I'm thinking of transferring out Hennessy as Palace's fixtures are getting tough, but it seems a bit of a waste of a transfer when Ryan has me covered for that run.

Another option is to transfer Hennessy out for Brighton's sub keeper to give me an extra 0.5 to play with, but again seems a bit pointless maybe.

Other thing tempting me is to transfer out Alonso for Robbo due to Liverpool's great run, but Alonso has some decent fixtures himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

464372.png

Looking for some advice...

Strange (but good) position this week of having 2 FTs but being pretty happy with my team. There's no obvious move I could make that makes me much stronger for the next few GWs imo, but maybe I'm missing something.

£0.0 in the bank so no funds to play with - any suggestions for one FT?

I'm thinking of transferring out Hennessy as Palace's fixtures are getting tough, but it seems a bit of a waste of a transfer when Ryan has me covered for that run.

Another option is to transfer Hennessy out for Brighton's sub keeper to give me an extra 0.5 to play with, but again seems a bit pointless maybe.

Other thing tempting me is to transfer out Alonso for Robbo due to Liverpool's great run, but Alonso has some decent fixtures himself

Would you consider TAA to Lovren/Gomez? Would save you having Bennett/AWB coming in for a tricky fixture if TAA doesn't feature again and would also cover the probably Pool cleanie.

• Advertisement

Would you consider TAA to Lovren/Gomez? Would save you having Bennett/AWB coming in for a tricky fixture if TAA doesn't feature again and would also cover the probably Pool cleanie.

I don't really see Gomez / Lovren being more nailed on than TAA for Cardiff at home to be honest. Cardiff will come to park the bus and Klopp will know that, and TAA is by far better going forward than Gomez.

I'm happy enough for Bennett to come in if I'm wrong, it's not the worst fixture for Wolves who are strong defensively.

Looking again I'm considering the following:

- Laporte and Alonso out
    - VVD and Mendy in

I just think that Mendy is the essential defender this year (even more so than Alonso) and I should probably get him in sooner rather than later. Could be a good time and gives the Liverpool double up.

Will wait until the end of the week anyway, could all change with injuries the European game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I don't really see Gomez / Lovren being more nailed on than TAA for Cardiff at home to be honest. Cardiff will come to park the bus and Klopp will know that, and TAA is by far better going forward than Gomez.

I'm happy enough for Bennett to come in if I'm wrong, it's not the worst fixture for Wolves who are strong defensively.

Looking again I'm considering the following:

- Laporte and Alonso out
    - VVD and Mendy in

I just think that Mendy is the essential defender this year (even more so than Alonso) and I should probably get him in sooner rather than later. Could be a good time and gives the Liverpool double up.

Will wait until the end of the week anyway, could all change with injuries the European game
    The lack of Mendy is the most obvious omission to me. We have very similar starting XI's (probably a bit templatey at this stage) and I've brought Mendy in this week.

As to who has to go to bring him in? That's tricky. Moving Alonso is an odd one. I see the logic but I'm not sure if I have the balls to do it myself. The money has to come from somewhere though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Depending on Hazard news, might do Haz & Wilson to Willian & Laca for a -4, or else banking might be sensible choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

bantee wrote: »
    Depending on Hazard news, might do Haz & Wilson to Willian & Laca for a -4, or else banking might be sensible choice

Any plan which involves bringing in Willian for free should be aborted
    For a hit you should hit the nuclear button
    NO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

km79 wrote: »
    Any plan which involves bringing in Willian for free should be aborted
    For a hit you should hit the nuclear button
    NO

+1 For this and dumping hazard is another no no depending on when you got him in he is .9 more expensive now palace and Everton at home after next week you will be looking for him back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

+1 For this and dumping hazard is another no no depending on when you got him in he is .9 more expensive now palace and Everton at home after next week you will be looking for him back

Having looked at their fixtures to think I will Bank this week and get him in for those 3 Home games in 4
    Can’t deal with that level of fear !
    City also have a lovely run
    Salah has an annoyingly delicious home fixture with Fulham in gw12 which puts me off getting hazard in for him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

You’re right lads, crazy thoughts, I’ll bank and get Mendy next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Ozil in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Was thinking Moura out for Martial
    Or Mane out to raise funds for either Mendy or Robertson. Decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Kane and Jimenez out for Auba and Arnie. 2 FTs. Thoughts?

My current team is:

Begovic Hamer
    Robertson Duffy Alonso Bennet AWB
    Salah Hazard Richarlison Maddison
    Kane Jimenez Mitro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Im thinking Ozil is the Arsenal player to have...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Dempsey wrote: »
    Im thinking Ozil is the Arsenal player to have...

I've generally found that Ozil is one agonising disappointment after another until you just wish Flanders was dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭893bet

Alonso to mendy?

Yay or nah?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

How are we feeling about Arnautovic at the moment?

Great fixtures coming up, but the talk of his gammy knee and Yarmolenko gone making me hesitate.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thinking of bringing in hazard and taking a -4 for Aubameyang, what do ye think?

Thinking of bringing in hazard and taking a -4 for Aubameyang, what do ye think?

Your forced to wait on news of hazards injury

elefant wrote: »
    How are we feeling about Arnautovic at the moment?

Great fixtures coming up, but the talk of his gammy knee and Yarmolenko gone making me hesitate.

I don't forsee him being dropped unexpectedly for the injury he has said he will play on and I don't see that changing. He has had better link up with Anderson anyway yarma was more inclined to shoot I wouldn't let it put me off getting him if west ham play well he plays well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

I want to get rid of Kanté. Who should I get instead? I have £7.5m to spend.

Páid wrote: »
    I want to get rid of Kanté. Who should I get instead? I have £7.5m to spend.

Who else do you have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Hazard out salah in? Makes sense.. Wait till Saturday morning

Who else do you have

Ederson / Etheridge
    Robertson Mendy Pereira Alonso Cook
    Hazard Pereyra Fraser Milner Kante
    Mitrovic Arnautovic Aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Knockert out Murphy in, ideal 5th mid after next Gameweek.

Arnie in will be done after this gameweek all gping to plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Ederson / Etheridge

I’d downgrade Kanté to 4.4m fodder then upgrade Milner to Maddison/Ricki

Edit: Have you used your WC?
    You’ve spent a lot of ur defence, do you play 4-3-3 or 5-2-3? I don’t really like your team, sorry!

Green&Red wrote: »
    I’d downgrade Kanté to 4.4m fodder then upgrade Milner to Maddison/Ricki

Edit: Have you used your WC?
    You’ve spent a lot of ur defence, do you play 4-3-3 or 5-2-3?

This is my first time playing FF. I haven't used this week's WC yet. Played 4-3-3 last week.

I have £2.6 in the bank so I can dump Kante for Sigurdsson, Maddison, etc. I can use next week's WC for Milner or some other suggestion.
    I don’t really like your team, sorry!

Neither do I! Thanks for the suggestions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

This is my first time playing FF. I haven't used this week's WC yet. Played 4-3-3 last week.

I have £2.6 in the bank so I can dump Kante for Sigurdsson, Maddison, etc. I can use next week's WC for Milner or some other suggestion.

Neither do I! Thanks for the suggestions.

Wc is your wildcard. You can change your entire team and take no points hits. You get 2 of these a season.

It’s a FT you get weekly, Free Transfer, listen to the regular posters here and they’ll guide you in the right direction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Ederson / Etheridge

I’d sell Milner and Kante and try to get in 1 of the pool attacking players and maybe a City mid or an arsenal player if that was my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Who do you think you are - Kev?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

gammygils wrote: »
    Was thinking Moura out for Martial
    Or Mane out to raise funds for either Mendy or Robertson. Decisions

Don't fall into the Martial trap. One good gameweek shouldn't sway you as he will inevitably fluff his lines once more and find himself back on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

What's a WC?

It's a Wildy now.

What's a WC?

It's a Wildy now.

Glad to see it's catching on!

Now for the next move - making Aggy an acceptable shorthand / nickname for Aguero...

• Advertisement
Advertisement