Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-vaxxers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

have a lovely day... I mean that,, blessings and peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Graces7 wrote: »

So you can't point out a single inaccuracy. Didn't think so.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

This post is full of provable .. virulent factual inaccuraries

really not worth the bothering any more. yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn!
    Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn....

Frankly Graces, you're coming across as being really hateful and lazy. You're trivializing the suffering and dying of children just for.... well, I don't know. Is it to make yourself look smart or for your ego? Is it because of the Catholic Church's perverse obsession with suffering? It's disgusting.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

Orion wrote: »
    So you can't point out a single inaccuracy. Didn't think so.

I think she means that the HPV Vaccine injured girls have a lot more wrong with them than Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

The HSE tried to shoe horn them all into the CFS diagnosis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

This post is full of provable .. virulent factual inaccuraries

really not worth the bothering any more. yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn!

Name one. Everything I posted is accurate.

I would love to see some links to this info!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Dr Brown wrote: »
    I think she means that the HPV Vaccine injured girls have a lot more wrong with them than Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

I think she means that she just doesn't give a ****. If girls get HPV then it serves them right for daring to have sex.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Frankly Graces, you're coming across as being really hateful and lazy. You're trivializing the suffering and dying of children just for.... well, I don't know. Is it to make yourself look smart or for your ego? Is it because of the Catholic Church's perverse obsession with suffering? It's disgusting.

And the rest was silence...

Dr Brown wrote: »

No they didn't. Regret refused to give the HSE any information. They say themselves that most of them are suffering from CFS.

rawn wrote: »

Susan Mitchell wrote an article in the SBP about them in Nov 2016.
    https://www.businesspost.ie/health-social/regret-uncovered-370950 (paywalled) but I have a PDF of it.

To date they have still not answered any of the questions she asked them.
    https://twitter.com/susmitchellSBP/status/1033779531344228352

Weitbrecht the antivaxxer. She was also part of the Brought Vaxxed to Ireland group along with Roma the homeopath.
    463940.PNG

Re: links to Sanevax. Kiva Murphy has tweeted references to that site - she deleted them when I pointed them out so here's a screenshot.
    463941.PNG
    Also Regret.ie was registered by a Martin Healy who also registered comelook.org. Comelook site contains many links to Sanevax and Justin Healy is a regular contributer to Sanevax site. Both have links back to Regret's site too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

rawn wrote: »

https://www.businesspost.ie/health-social/regret-uncovered-370950 (paywalled) but I have a PDF of it.

Weitbrecht the antivaxxer. She was also part of the Brought Vaxxed to Ireland group along with Roma the homeopath.
    463940.PNG

Re: links to Sanevax. Kiva Murphy has tweeted references to that site - she deleted them when I pointed them out so here's a screenshot.
    463941.PNG
    Also Regret.ie was registered by a Martin Healy who also registered comelook.org. Comelook site contains many links to Sanevax and Justin Healy is a regular contributer to Sanevax site. Both have links back to Regret's site too.

Excellent, thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,065 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

US reports first child death due to influenza this season. Child was unvaccinated. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/unvaccinated-child-from-florida-first-death-flu-season/?fbclid=IwAR1pvIZCUyq5u_rWetssCwD6Gw1izj2UbJy0d0BwC0nsYPl7hokgph7XPUs

FWIW, Flu vaccine's available now in Ireland. Already got my jab. This year's vaccine is supposedly going to be a good one vs. the flu, some years are better than others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

463940.PNG

463941.PNG

Her husband is a homeopath, you could say her arguments hold water.

Ipso wrote: »

Always remember that at best, the kids life'll be miserable while going through these diseases, and at worst, death and permanent disability can occur.

https://slate.com/human-interest/2014/01/growing-up-unvaccinated-a-healthy-lifestyle-couldnt-prevent-many-childhood-illnesses.html

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Ipso wrote: »

He's her backup. I case she gets thirsty or has low blood sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,898 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

'Tis a pity we can't vaccinate against stupidity.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    'Tis a pity we can't vaccinate against stupidity.
    The people who need it, wouldn’t get it.

Vaccine rates up in California after the 'no objections to vaccines' law passed, and got through the legal challenges. Medical exemptions unfortunately are are up, too, as the law didn't address those. Unscrupulous doctors are selling exemptions to dumbsh1t parents requesting them - the Dr. in question just does it for the money, might not even be the pediatrician to the child involved. And, thought not mentioned in the article, in the PPACA world, that exemption becomes part of the child's permanent record, so if your fradulent doctor's exemption says "due to autoimmune issues," that'll follow that child the rest of its life. California's looking into doing 'something' about medical exemptions, maybe instituting a tight review process.

Ireland should consider something like this bill: https://www.skepticalraptor.com/skepticalraptorblog.php/medical-exemptions-vaccines-california-sb277/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Rubella disease eliminated in Australia

f it could be eradicated globally then no one would ever need to take the full MMR vaccine ever again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-45990874

“People who believe anti-vax information on social media are wrong”

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Rubella disease eliminated in Australia

f it could be eradicated globally then no one would ever need to take the full MMR vaccine ever again.

LOL love the irony of anti-vaxxers ultimately fighting against use needing less vaccines

• Advertisement

California, long a 'laboratory' for legislation in the US that eventually goes nationwide, continues to win lawsuits against anti-vax trash trying to overturn the state's restriction on 'moral objections' to vaccination: https://www.skepticalraptor.com/skepticalraptorblog.php/sb277-lawsuit-rejected-vaccine-voice-choice-loses/

The challenge in Ireland is legislation passed becomes law in the entire country. In the US, the states usually pioneer these kinds of things, work through the challenges, demonstrate the benefits (usually economic - fewer sick kids, less gov't medical expense) and other states adopt their legislation and it spreads nationwide. Most recently marijuana legalization is an example of this - Colorado and Washington, then the floodgates open, California, Oregon, etc. A less controversial (at the present time anyway) set of legislation was the restriction on smoking that started in the 1970's and '80's. It was the state of Utah that started the ball rolling - but Utah's kind of homogenous, and small in population. When California did the same, despite enormous industry opposition, and the massive benefits rolled in (health care costs plummeting, business profits increasing), the rest of the states could follow despite a vocal minority of tobacco addicts fighting them.

Ireland needs to mandate vaccination. Moral objections are lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Carol25

Ireland needs to mandate vaccination. Moral objections are lies.[/quote]

That is one scary statement just there...who are you to tell others what to do.
    If Vaccines become mandatory, parents shouldn’t have to sign forms when they’re about to inject their small babies with 6 different samples of diseases in one leg and another 1 or 2 in the other effectively letting State and Big Pharma off the hook regarding the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine, I find that ridiculous. The state should take responsibility for the safety and suitability of vaccines for all.
    People have genuine concerns about the HPV vaccine...is that to be dismissed because money and power bought the investigations and outcomes In the EU?
    Stop making all people out to be ‘loopy anti Vaaxers’. I’ve had myself and my kids vaccinated but I do share some concerns
    For your information, I once witnessed a group of Junior Infants in 2015 getting their MMR boosters in Dec 2015. At least 10-12 in the class were extremely sick after it. Out for days, some for a whole week. Do you think that’s acceptable? Do you think that shouldn’t be investigated?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,932 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Carol25 wrote: »

If Vaccines become mandatory, parents shouldn’t have to sign forms when they’re about to inject their small babies with 6 different samples of diseases in one leg and another 1 or 2 in the other effectively letting State and Big Pharma off the hook regarding the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine, I find that ridiculous. The state should take responsibility for the safety and suitability of vaccines for all.
    People have genuine concerns about the HPV vaccine...is that to be dismissed because money and power bought the investigations and outcomes In the EU?
    Stop making all people out to be ‘loopy anti Vaaxers’. I’ve had myself and my kids vaccinated but I do share some concerns
    For your information, I once witnessed a group of Junior Infants in 2015 getting their MMR boosters in Dec 2015. At least 10-12 in the class were extremely sick after it. Out for days, some for a whole week. Do you think that’s acceptable? Do you think that shouldn’t be investigated?

Meh... I once saw
    anything can be submitted here as an anecdote

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

December. December. December.

I wonder if it could be a coincidence. Y’no, a cold going around the class/school. Or the placebo effect (parents were hyper aware of any sniffle and were over cautious).

Maybe it was the vaccine? Maybe it was investigated?

When I got the vaccine, nobody was sick. Therefore the vaccine is completely safe.

H. H. Asquith

There's no reason not to mandate vaccination - weaponizing children to spread disease needs to be stopped. There's measles in Dublin. Do you need more deaf blind adults to convince you?

It's to be dismissed if its not based on evidence. Is it? Bring your evidence then. HPV is very effective and safe.

"Moral objections" are loopy anti-vax, which was my original point. They're lies usually.

Getting slightly ill from MMR is acceptable. Did you actually witness this? What did the attending physicians say about the illnesses - could be coincidental (kids get sick all the time). Any cause-and-effect here? Were you present for each of the kid's vaccination? Were they ill to begin with? Where's your data?

Sure it should be investigated if it's warranted - some kids getting sick after being vaccinated is not unexpected. If there's something wrong with the vaccine, that should be fixed.
    Has it been investigated? Has there been actually any data logged about MMR problems outside your anecdotes? Barring data, you're just making up some great conspiracy based on what ? Where's your proof?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Carol25

As all the people replying well know, I’m not a big corporation and can’t come along and present you with ‘data’ and ‘evidence’. I’ve a job and a family.
    What I’m telling you is the truth re vaccinations in 2015. I’m not trying to scaremonger, I’m making the point that I can’t even state what I saw without getting attacked. I’m not even that invested in this debate to be honest but statements like mandatory vaccination and people being jumped on for voicing genuine concerns should be enough to make everyone sit up and listen. We should be about making vaccines safer, and more controls and independent oversight to the drug companies test models, not giving Big Pharma a huge amount of power and control over us.
    As I said if all if all of these vaccines are so safe, take away the form I’ve signed numerous times letting both Big Pharma and the Government off the hook if something does go wrong or happens to my child. It’s not good enough to say get it, but we the people who made it will not take any responsibility for anything that happens to your child afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

indeed , the useful idiots follow the official line and sacrifice their freedom because....vaccines.
    consent means nothing to them when they're on a crusade.

It's crazy how some fear causes people to actually welcome state control of their lives

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭saccades

For your information, I once witnessed a group of Junior Infants in 2015 getting their MMR boosters in Dec 2015. At least 10-12 in the class were extremely sick after it. Out for days, some for a whole week. Do you think that’s acceptable? Do you think that shouldn’t be investigated?[/quote]

Yes, that should be investigated, potentially an adverse reaction - did you report it to the HPRA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Won't need vaccines some day, China building better babies :

https://www.breakingnews.ie/world/chinese-designer-baby-claim-condemned-by-british-scientists-887935.html

The Engish scientists are a bit upset because they weren't allowed play but Harvard University’s famed geneticist George Church, defended attempting gene editing for HIV, which he called “a major and growing public health threat”.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement