Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-vaxxers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

blanch152 wrote: »

People like you and Graces7 need to read websites like this:

https://nrvs.info/posters-and-graphics/

assuring you I am far more well read than you and not just one sided emotional propaganda like that.

Have a lovely day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

paw patrol wrote: »
    what about those that get vaccinated and still the virus?
    Would you kill them for being failures?

People still get killed in cars despite seat belts and airbags.
    That is not a valid excuses for not putting on a seatbelt and manufacturers still have to fit airbags.
    And /thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

That is not a valid excuses for not putting on a seatbelt and manufacturers still have to fit airbags.
    And /thread.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

And /thread.

I think you should read what he wrote, then what I asked. Your retort misses the point.
    They would only treat people who took vaccines who got a different variant (that's what they said)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Graces7 wrote: »
    assuring you I am far more well read than you and not just one sided emotional propaganda like that.

Have a lovely day
    Do you search for references to your name and then intentionally go into full passive aggressive mode? How dare you imply that your knowledge is better than anyone’s when you’re spouting antivax bull.

Maybe search back through the thread for other mentions of your name and answer the questions you have been asked.

What is your opinion on the kid with cancer who’s treatment was threatened by a kid with chicken pox?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭uptherebels

Have a lovely day

And yet you are influenced by your faith on so many things and not by the facts you can read and research.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Have a lovely day

Looks like you were reading the Beano.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Carol25 wrote: »
    Why on earth would the tax payer have to foot the bill firstly when it’s the drugs companies making and wining and dining that HSE top brass to use their vaccine...

That’s a fairly serious accusation.

If you have proof of drugs companies compromising the integrity of the HSE’s tendering process, I suggest you present your proof now, or withdraw your ridiculous accusation and apologise.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

fxotoole wrote: »

If you have proof of drugs companies compromising the integrity of the HSE’s tendering process, I suggest you present your proof now, or withdraw your ridiculous accusation and apologise.

Since when is proof needed? Everyone knows "I'm a mother /parent and I know best" and anything read on "truther" sites can be taken as gospel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Eirpod99

I wonder how much (more?) "Big Pharma" could make treating outbreaks of various diseases for which there currently are vaccines if said vaccines were no longer available. I suppose it would depend on the percentage of the herd infected.
    My daughter suffered serious headaches shortly after receiving the HPV vaccine. Were the headaches related to receiving the vaccine? No idea. Given the same option again, would she go through with being vaccinated? Absolutely. If only it was available in her mother's day.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Carol25

fxotoole wrote: »

After starting this discussion with genuine concerns, I have now come to the realisation that the pro vaccine crowd on here are more fanatical and discriminatory than I’d ever imagined. They don’t want to discuss anything about the processes involved. They just want to silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

fxotoole wrote:
    Are you saying that nobody from the HSE has ever dined with people from major drug companies?

Since when is proof needed? Everyone knows "I'm a mother /parent and I know best" and anything read on "truther" sites can be taken as gospel.

What are truther sites? You seem to know more about them than I do. Also is being a mother who has gone through the vaccination process now to be ridiculed when I express some concerns?

Big Pharma yeah.

https://www.scarymommy.com/nurse-moms-epic-big-pharma-rant-goes-viral/

So I think this nurse is right, anyone who refuses vaccination because of "Big Pharma" should be denied access for themselves and their children to all the other products of Big Pharma. No more antibiotics, no more stents, no more cancer drugs etc.

You should take a long hard look at yourself with that statement...suggesting looking at a child and their family in the eyes that has been diagnosed with Cancer and denying them treatment for any reason is disgusting.

No, but you seem to have the time to keep typing out anti-vaxxer nonsense.

https://thestir.cafemom.com/parenting_news/213349/poster-about-getting-kids-vaccinated

This poster should explain it all to you.

When your daughter gets rubella when pregnant, how are you going to explain that you chose to leave her at risk?

What will you say when she calls you and tells you she has cervical cancer, because you decided that she wouldn't need the HPV vaccine?

Do you think that your organic home-cooked food was enough to protect them?

I actually feel very sorry for anti-vaxxers like you, because sooner or later you are going to have to deal with one of these situations.

But hey, just blame "Big Pharma".

How am I anti vaaxer when myself and my children are vaccinated? Is no one allowed to question the process?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,060 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

You should take a long hard look at yourself with that statement...suggesting looking at a child and their family in the eyes that has been diagnosed with Cancer and denying them treatment for any reason is disgusting.

While I don't agree, it's the logical extension of anti-vaxxer thinking. Well, insofar that it can be termed "thinking" anyway.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Eirpod99 wrote: »
    I wonder how much (more?) "Big Pharma" could make treating outbreaks of various diseases for which there currently are vaccines if said vaccines were no longer available. I suppose it would depend on the percentage of the herd infected.
    Not much either way. The patents expire after 20 years. And the first 10 are taken up by safety trials.

After that they become generic which means any regulated phara company can churn them out for cost plus a small margin in a competitive market.

[Rant] So pharma has only a short time to recoup the costs of new drugs (R&D is one of the smaller ones). And there is NO brand loyalty, most health services change over to generics ASAP.

The real money is in pain killers and diseases of the rich, or the old who have a lifetimes accumulated assets to be siphoned off (which seems to be a key driver for US healthcare)

Make no mistake , I hate big pharma for the obscene amounts of money spent on marketing and shareholder profits compared to what's actually spent on R&D , but I have to applaud the people doing the ground breaking work.

The problem is letting raw capitalists control too much healthcare.

But when you hear of a very expensive miracle drug, remember that it will be a generic in about a decade.

PS. Don't get me started about the cost of things like Ibuprofen in Irish Pharmacies. [/Rant]

Remember too the USA paid for the global campaign against smallpox because it was cheaper than continuing to pay for health care.

What are truther sites? You seem to know more about them than I do. Also is being a mother who has gone through the vaccination process now to be ridiculed when I express some concerns?

I wasnt actually referring to you but another poster on here who claims that her being a mother trumps anything doctors say.

Maybe try not to be so sensitive and read stuff instead of thinking everyone is against you.

But your mask slipped with your " pro vaccine " comments. Coming in slow, pretending not to be an anti vaxxer and building up slowly.

Maybe the parents should look the child in the eyes and tell them they were offered a vaccine but turned it down. Maybe a " big pharma " rant will cure the child?
    But sure it's easier to just say " it's not our fault, it's the evil doctors'

Incidentally, why would you being going to the doctors anyway, sure aren't they the ones that wanted to give you the vaccine in the first place, wouldnt a bit of homeopathy be the best course of action?

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Are you saying that nobody from the HSE has ever dined with people from major drug companies?

Would it not be par for the course for companies to have meetings ( dinner or otherwise) with clients?
    But when it's a drug company then obviously evil is afoot.

I wasnt actually referring to you but another poster on here who claims that her being a mother trumps anything doctors say.

Maybe try not to be so sensitive and read stuff instead of thinking 3veryone is against you.

But your mask slipped with your " pro vaccine " comments. Coking in slow, pretending not to be an anti vaxxer and building up slowly.

What do you mean? I don’t understand. Which mask and what’s coking in slow? Are people who get vaccines all supposed to have the same views as the strange people on here?

Maybe the parents should look the child in the eyes and tell them they were offered a vaccine but turned it down. Maybe a " big pharma " rant will cure the child?
    But sure it's easier to just say " it's not our fault, it's the evil doctors'

Incidentally, why would you being going to the doctors anyway, sure aren't they the ones that wanted to give you the vaccine in the first place, wouldnt a bit of homeopathy be the best course of action?

What is this rambling about? If this is an attempt to justify denying children cancer treatment then you can quite frankly go to hell. It’s where people who suggest something so disgusting belong and just highlights what a bunch of right wing nazi types are on here.
    I just hope some day you or your colleagues here are not in that position...
    The suggestion that children be denied antibiotics/treatment for illnesses has gone too far for me. I’ve been in hospital in the paediatric unit and I see the suffering and headache a sick child can bring to a family and neighbourhood. I can’t justify engaging with such people. I initially came to discuss what’s happening, processes, concerns, my issue with signing the consent form, especially if vaccines are mandatory, and got quoted, mis quoted and thrown into all sorts of categories.
    I just hope our future generation is safe, because from some replies on here. I’m not so sure...

P.S. I know this will be quoted and the likes and God knows what said but I won’t be responding from now on.

What is this rambling about? If this is an attempt to justify denying children cancer treatment then you can quite frankly go to hell. It’s where people who suggest something so disgusting belong and just highlights what a bunch of right wing nazi types are on here.
    I just hope some day you or your colleagues here are not in that position...
    The suggestion that children be denied antibiotics/treatment for illnesses has gone too far for me. I’ve been in hospital in the paediatric unit and I see the suffering and headache a sick child can bring to a family and neighbourhood. I can’t justify engaging with such people. I initially came to discuss what’s happening, processes, concerns, my issue with signing the consent form, especially if vaccines are mandatory, and got quoted, mis quoted and thrown into all sorts of categories.
    I just hope our future generation is safe, because from some replies on here. I’m not so sure...

P.S. I know this will be quoted and the likes and God knows what said but I won’t be responding from now on.

Why are the parents not disgusting for denying them prevenatative vaccines before not particularly pleasant treatment for a life changing condition is required ( that may not work anyway)?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

And /thread.
    Think of it as
    Seatbelt = Vaccine. Clunk, click every trip. Actively taking safety precautions.
    Airbag = Childhood diseases. Totally relying on a idiot-proofed environment.

The main reason for the development of airbags was that people in the US don't use seatbelts. Airbags are a poor substitute for proper seat belts. And airbags can be lethal for kids. And adults too, just look at the Takata airbag recall that affects 37 million vehicles.

If you wear a seatbelt, you have protection from when you put it on.

In some people there is a perception of risk of being trapped in a burning car or underwater. TBH if crash was so bad that you have problems undoing the belt, there's a likelihood you'd have been injured or rendered unconscious if you weren't wearing one anyway. So like vaccines the imagined risks of using it are nothing compared to the proven risk by not using it.

There's a great book called Dead Men Do Tell Tales , if you like the autopsy bits of CSI you'll love it, where he describes his early days working for tight fisted ambulance chasing undertaker. The boss wouldn't spend Christmas, but after seeing what happened as a result of someone being thrown from a car, had seatbelts installed in their vehicles the next day. The point being that those of us who have directly experienced the consequences of stuff like this tend to have pretty strong opinions about it.

If you rely on airbags, you are at risk if the airbag goes off at the wrong time. Or not at all. Mumps in a child is bad, but for a young adult it can result in deafness or in young man it can mean sterility. There is the possibility that you'd never get the disease, but that's a lot smaller now that so many people don't vaccinate.

Most kids survive childhood diseases. But I know people with permanent disabilities because of them. There are also people I've never met because they died.

Would it not be par for the course for companies to have meetings ( dinner or otherwise) with clients? But when it's a drug company then obviously evil is afoot.
    I quoted a guy who wasn't happy with somebody suggesting that they go for meals and are in cahoots.
    I'm just trying to find out if it's just the bit about them doing dodgy deals that he is giving out about.

Think of it as Seatbelt = Vaccine. Clunk, click every trip. Actively taking safety precautions. Airbag = Childhood diseases. Totally relying on a idiot-proofed environment.
    This is not accurate.
    The trustworthiness of the companies telling people they need this stuff is a huge part of things.
    We all know how important profit is to these large drug manufacturers, it's hard to trust them when money is their sole purpose for being in business.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Had the flu jab on Tuesday I'm alright.
    Actually I feel ok now.

Anybody offended by the fact I'm ok ???

Best decision I've made concerning my health this winter and last winter was getting the vaccine.

No more night sweats aches and pains being tired etc , spreading the virus or putting others health at risk.

Not getting the flu jab is like driving without a Seatbelt.

This year's flu is going to be one of the worst ever.

This is not accurate.
    The trustworthiness of the companies telling people they need this stuff is a huge part of things.
    We all know how important profit is to these large drug manufacturers, it's hard to trust them when money is their sole purpose for being in business.

Whereas car companies are in it for the love of the game?

Companies exist to make money. Killing, injuring or giving diseases to your customers isn't the way to go about that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,060 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

This is not accurate.

So we should trust internet soccer moms instead?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement