Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Michael D IS running again!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Sinn Fein candidate forgetting Bloody Sunday.

But also moving away from the past, some say progressing.

Interesting, and brave, answer by Na Riada in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,274 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

doylefe wrote: »
    So boring I can't keep up with what they are saying.
    Neither can Peter Casey he is literally just saying anything that pops into his head

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

This guy is intense

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

nah, he's the easy target, won't dare go near Israel/Saudi/Venezuela/Russia

My point being, none of the thicks thought of differentiating themselves with a less than obvious answer.

autumn2018 wrote: »
    ah stop i'm crackin up here
    i have a few stories about Michael d but they were told to me in private so i can't repeat them

For god's sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    For sure.. for me it's a cynical way for him to see out his long overdue retirement at the taxpayer's expense.

He only got in because of the mess during the debate 7 years ago and fallout, and he's gonna get it again because this lot are actually even worse.

It's the same thing in the Dail... vote for the least worst option, rather than the best or most competent. Out political system is fundamentally broken at this stage.

Ah maybe the Presidential election for sure, it is rubbish. But the rest of it is not so bad.

At least we have PR which is great entertainment on the count day! The Presidential shyte is just window dressing with a humungous allowance and salary. Have to stay schtum otherwise. Easy money I reckon, and no one calling to your constituency office either.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,395 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

i have a few stories about Michael d but they were told to me in private so i can't repeat them

Good or bad stories

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Why is there a need for a debate if the President is strangulated wrt policy and politics.

Well, if you're going to have an election, people are going to expect to see the multiple-choice options on da telly.

When you've eliminated the impossible, that which remains, however car-crashy, must be how we pick our head of state.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Surprised answer in relation to the warring of the poppy there by a Sinn Fein presidential candidate. I didn't expect that now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

Sinn Fein lady is going to wear an paipín!!!

It will be a green one I bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

My point being, none of the thicks thought of differentiating themselves with a less than obvious answer.

easiest one to read the crowd on, saying bad things about anyone else might irk somebody / some faith. Condemn trump loses no votes and may gain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭autumn2018

ooooHHH my god i am soooo ofeeended
    i mean i dont love cash
    i am about poetry

So privately, there was literally just you there at the time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

alaimacerc wrote: »
    And would choose to fight a horse-sized duck. Massive tactical blunder!
    Exactly.

I'd rather go up against a herd of eohippus than face Bullockornis, the Demon-Duck of Doom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭C__MC

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Surprised answer in relation to the warring of the poppy there by a Sinn Fein presidential candidate. I didn't expect that now.[/quot

Brave call but she had to

• Registered Users Posts: 67,254 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Surprised by the poppy answer from Ni Riada.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Those are mathematically equivalent.

Not in this country .. where FG are back in power only because FF haven't yet been forgiven by the electorate, and the SF/AAA-lefty "alternatives" are even worse.

And so we've had 2 years of a twitter-obsessed egotistic (#campaignforleo indeed!) Taoiseach who has overseen the deepening of a housing crisis, health crisis and so many other problems that mean the average working family struggle from paycheque to paycheque (while being told how well we're doing), while he and his colleagues demonstrate just how out of touch they are.

To suggest that's equivalent to the best option is farcical.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Joan got a loan of 120,000 off an American businessman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭autumn2018

So privately, there was literally just you there at the time.
    who are you, judge judy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

I don't think Gavin will be getting his money back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I think many know the score there, but like the Presidency no one can say anything except "Thanks for the money yee haa".

The President is our Ambassador abroad, nothing else. Bet he or she cannot mention Brexit. There is the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭C__MC

Surprised by the poppy answer from Ni Riada.

I would think she had to do it for her own sake here

If she didn’t, it would have went as typical Sinn Fein arrogance etc

who are you, judge judy?

Judgement in full for the plaintiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,254 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

C__MC wrote: »
    I would think she had to do it for her own sake here

If she didn’t, it would have went as typical Sinn Fein arrogance etc

Don't agree, I think most people would have expected the usual answer without any surprise.

Jesus you wouldn't want money in this country.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Not in this country .. where FG are back in power only because FF haven't yet been forgiven by the electorate, and the SF/AAA-lefty "alternatives" are even worse.

And so we've had 2 years of a twitter-obsessed egotistic (#campaignforleo indeed!) Taoiseach who has overseen the deepening of a housing crisis, health crisis and so many other problems that mean the average working family struggle from paycheque to paycheque (while being told how well we're doing), while he and his colleagues demonstrate just how out of touch they are.

To suggest that's equivalent to the best option is farcical.

No, to suggest that it's not is a tangential rant. In which case is the "best" and the "least worst" different? Any example witnessing each will suffice.

That the best isn't good enough is entirely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

C__MC wrote: »
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Surprised answer in relation to the warring of the poppy there by a Sinn Fein presidential candidate. I didn't expect that now.

Brave call but she had to
    It was brave but I'm not sure how well that will play with the Sinn Fein voter.

Haha, interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

What's going on there?

• Advertisement

doylefe wrote: »
    Jesus you wouldn't want money in this country.

At least 3 of the candidates raised the issue of the salary and how they'd either do it for free or for feck all. All well and good they happen to be rich so deservedly they're asked and raises the spectre of buying the presidency.

Advertisement