Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Michael D IS running again!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Sure why not I suppose.

think of the new iteration of the guy who crashed into rte and went mental at pat Kenny.
    Ah yeah I remember that. Linda Martin was a guest and had no idea what was happening if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

It's (almost) over already? About half a dozen questions and that's it?

I'd have to vote None of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

What are Casey's claims to being part of the Good Friday delegation? I've heard him ingratiate himself into the peace process before, but that's the first time I heard him claim to be part of the delegation, is it true?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,395 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Dead right about Sean g having serious serious notions

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

It occurred to me in the middle of speculating which of them would get the 12.5% (with or without transfers), that it would be a valid application of NO AWARD to use that to determine people getting their expenses.

Might motivate some people to get to the polling station, if only to bullet-vote "don't give any of the bar-stewards a red cent!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Just a question, why isn't Higgins engaging in any debates.
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

The only winner out of this is Michael D.

Although I'm sure the media will get some merriment asking SF reps for the next week about whether they're going to wear the poppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,274 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

alta stare wrote: »
    If that was him doing well id hate to see him doing badly.
    I think he will get his 1 percent!

Dead right about Sean g having serious serious notions

I think you have to have notions to ever run for the job. Gallagher has seriously notional notions, even so.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,254 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Casey = 1

Freeman = 3

Ni Riada = 6

Duffy = 8

Scored out of ten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,274 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

?
    He has been on other debates....so that's simply not true

?

He's doing some, and playing the "amma busy, amma da actual fracking president" card on some others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

_Kaiser_ wrote:

Yes. None of them have a hope of winning but I'd vote for any of the four ahead of Gallagher.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

?

He's done one on radio last Saturday and is doing Prime Time and Pat Kenny (TV3) TV debates. He's been all over radio, and was on Six-One this evening.

For whatever reason he decided to skip this one (given the unmerciful mess Claire Byrne made of the referendum debate I'd say a wise choice) as is his right.

Casey = 1

Freeman = 3

Ni Riada = 6

Duffy = 8

Scored out of ten.

Duffy being very swingy, it seems. Maybe he should adjust his meds to even himself out a little?

?

He is, and he has.

alaimacerc wrote: »
    Duffy being very swingy, it seems. Maybe he should adjust his meds to even himself out a little?

In fairness, he would annoy me the least of the 3 Dragons if he got the gig.

Just started watching it on +1. Oh dear already. The "big sleb walk-on". First it was NFL, then it was athletics, now it's these stiffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Id hazard a guess and say turnout for this election will be low and going by that debate i dont blame people for not voting for any of those running.

In fairness, he would annoy me the least of the 3 Dragons if he got the gig.

I concur, he'd be least annoying half of the field for me, too.

He might be a bit of an idiot, but his idiocy wouldn't be a job-performance-impairing thing. Unlike dwags 2&3, and mini-Dana.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭C__MC

Did the Sinn Féin one base her answer on the fact that she would be resigned from the party if elected regarding the poppy?

I do think a strong a political figure head could have rattled Higgins in this election, other than that it’s a forgone conclusion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

gmisk wrote: »
    He has been on other debates....so that's simply not true

he has been on one out of three so far and he was that quiet, someone had to wake him up last Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Im still solidly Gallagher after that, can understand how Michael D voters wouldn't be moved by that either

I concur, he'd be least annoying half of the field for me, too.

He might be a bit of an idiot, but his idiocy wouldn't be a job-performance-impairing thing. Unlike dwags 2&3, and mini-Dana.

He's a blood sport advocate, he should in no way get within an arses roar of representing the Irish people.

I've heard "Lear Jet" so often it's lost all meaning for me.

Cruel question from Claire, pointing out that Ni Riada is applying for a job demotion... that she's not going to even get.

Think I might get a late supper on while this eejits preen on in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Basically a rehash of the previous radio debates, in that we didn't learn much new from the candidates, other than Ní Ríada being prepared to wear the poppy. PK on Wednesday should have more bite, and Gallagher will have to give a 9/10 performance if he's to make any meaningful impression this year.

Hurrache wrote: »
    He's a blood sport advocate, he should in no way get within an arses roar of representing the Irish people.

He's a blood-sport ex-practitioner, anyroads; he seemed to be backpedalling pretty hard on anything resembling "advocacy". (I dunno if he was being disingenuous.)

Hurrache wrote: »

Where are you going to find someone who believes only the things that all the people of Ireland believe?

It's nonsense to begin a search for a president on those terms. What you are looking for is somebody who will not impose their beliefs on the Irish people accepting that they may personally believe in whatever.

PK on Wednesday should have more bite, and Gallagher will have to give a 9/10 performance if he's to make any meaningful impression this year.

To look on the bright side for SG, after the tweetgate fiasco, PK might bend over backwards to be "fair" to him.

Or not. Pat's a man of his whims, and often pretty stiff-necked ones.

• Advertisement

He's a blood-sport ex-practitioner, anyroads; he seemed to be backpedalling pretty hard on anything resembling "advocacy". (I dunno if he was being disingenuous.)

He was. Here he is at a pro hunt rally at a Green Party convention. I don't believe he had a Damascene conversion.

image.jpg.

Advertisement