Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison officer recruitment 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paddy 42

Well as I said it appears to be different for each candidate.
    Initially it was supposed to be the end of September for July candidates who were successful at interview to be called for medical and hearing test.
    Now it could be the end of October or even early November.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DuckHuntMadra

Do any of you know how they know clearance has been complete? Do they contact you or vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Allo1976

Medical invites are out 😂😂💪💪👮👮👮

• Registered Users Posts: 28 CeeCeeMack

Did anyone find the PCT hard? Still waiting to hear from them. I'd have a fairly decent level of fitness (gym 5/6 times a week) but don't want to be surprised and cardio isn't my strong point

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Jakeren7

Allo1976 wrote: »
    Medical invites are out 😂😂💪💪👮👮👮

Are you the July group

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Allo1976

Jakeren7 wrote:
    Are you the July group

Yes interviewed end of july , invited for medical this eve whooppp

Allo1976 wrote: »
    Yes interviewed end of july , invited for medical this eve whooppp

I was end of July to but heard nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Dien

CeeCeeMack wrote: »
    Did anyone find the PCT hard? Still waiting to hear from them. I'd have a fairly decent level of fitness (gym 5/6 times a week) but don't want to be surprised and cardio isn't my strong point

I personally didn't, but I had been training with a senior hurling team all year so had a decent level of fitness. If cardio isn't your strong point I would strongly recommend focusing on that, the 40 x 15 series of runs seem to be where most people struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 CeeCeeMack

Dien wrote: »
    I personally didn't, but I had been training with a senior hurling team all year so had a decent level of fitness. If cardio isn't your strong point I would strongly recommend focusing on that, the 40 x 15 series of runs seem to be where most people struggle.

Jaysus I'm sure you flew it. I've been doing the 40 x 15 in about 2 mins 30 seconds. I just have to keep on it to stay at that level so there's no surprises on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 24 deeodee

CeeCeeMack wrote: »
    Jaysus I'm sure you flew it. I've been doing the 40 x 15 in about 2 mins 30 seconds. I just have to keep on it to stay at that level so there's no surprises on the day

I did my pct in March and got around the same for the run, if u keep that kinda time u will fly the whole thing, they leave the run till the very end anyway because it is the hardest part of the pct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 StefanSage

Anybody know if prison officers get paid weekly or monthly?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 deeodee

StefanSage wrote: »

Every two weeks, it's a lot better than monthly.

StefanSage wrote: »

Fortnightly, although I’m open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Stephenwrx

Anyone do the online questionnaire prior to the medical??
    Wondering which department/public appointment service contact name and number ??

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭farrelly90

Hi guys, I passed my interview at the end of August but I still haven’t heard about my medical, is anyone else in the same boat as me?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Redzer99

farrelly90 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I passed my interview at the end of August but I still haven’t heard about my medical, is anyone else in the same boat as me?

What's your OOM?

Hi
    I’m the July group and I’m still waiting

Stephenwrx wrote: »
    Anyone do the online questionnaire prior to the medical??
    Wondering which department/public appointment service contact name and number ??

It’s the office of the CMO in Smithfield. As far as I’m aware that’s who you need to contact if there is an issue and vice versa.

Redzer99 wrote: »
    What's your OOM?

I’m 210 or something like that.

Does anyone know what OOM their up to on the medical.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

I’m 210 or something like that.

Cheers, I'm 390s id hopefully be called in the next batch of interviews. Any idea when they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

Hi guys , anyone know when is next recruitment campaign... Unfortunately had to pull out in 2016 on day of interview

Cheers, I'm 390s id hopefully be called in the next batch of interviews. Any idea when they are?

I rang IPS a few weeks back and the girl there said I should be called towards the end of October all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Gmanno1

Redder I'm 160 and have got my medical, so shouldn't be too far away from yourself. All the best with it

Gmanno1 wrote: »
    Redder I'm 160 and have got my medical, so shouldn't be too far away from yourself. All the best with it

Cheers bud, you too!

When did you get called for medical I’m 176

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Gmanno1

Jakeren7 wrote: »
    When did you get called for medical I’m 176

Last week

Last week

I just had a look at mine, my OOM is 23 but rang up the IPS and they said my OOM is 213, the said the 23 is what I had in my group. Anyone else hear of this or do you think it might be a mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paddy 42

Have you been called for medical yet?

• Advertisement

Paddy 42 wrote: »
    Have you been called for medical yet?

No not yet. I’m going to ring them again tomorrow and see what the craic is with it again.

Advertisement