Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison officer recruitment 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paddy 42

Big congratulations to all who did their PCT and successfully passedðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 31 S00100668

Paddy 42 wrote: »

any one from 2016 campaign still waiting on clearance?? what takes so long I'm 2018 so I can't complain ... just hoping it won't take 2 years. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Pip108

S00100668 wrote: »
    Paddy 42 wrote: »

any one from 2016 campaign still waiting on clearance?? what takes so long I'm 2018 so I can't complain ... just hoping it won't take 2 years. :(

In the past there has being a backlog in the clearance of about 14 months which has now being brought back down to 6 months...they expect to recruit 300 rpo in 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Stephenwrx

Does anyone know do the medicals and pct be done in conjunction with the wait for clearance or have you to be cleared first before the medical and or pct

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Julygirl105

Stephenwrx wrote: »
    Does anyone know do the medicals and pct be done in conjunction with the wait for clearance or have you to be cleared first before the medical and or pct

When you get your invitation to medical, they start the clearance process. So while you are waiting for clearance to come back you do medical and physical..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 deeodee

I'm from the 2016 campaign and have been waiting on my clearance for 8 months now, I had my interview in Feb and pct done since March, to say that I'm frustrated is a understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 StefanSage

deeodee wrote: »
    I'm from the 2016 campaign and have been waiting on my clearance for 8 months now, I had my interview in Feb and pct done since March, to say that I'm frustrated is a understatement.

Have you had many foreign addresses for your previous addresses or addresses of your family members? Cause main delays are apparently for those who had a lot of foreign addresses

• Registered Users Posts: 24 deeodee

StefanSage wrote: »
    Have you had many foreign addresses for your previous addresses or addresses of your family members? Cause main delays are apparently for those who had a lot of foreign addresses

No I haven't, I've had one address in England when I was smaller and that's it.

When you get your invitation to medical, they start the clearance process. So while you are waiting for clearance to come back you do medical and physical..

Thanks for the reply but judging but the next post This must be incorrect,its says they've done the pct since early in the year but are still waiting on clearance

Thanks for the reply but judging but the next post This must be incorrect,its says they've done the pct since early in the year but are still waiting on clearance

It isn’t incorrect. The previous poster is from the 2016 campaign. The first group of candidates from the 2018 campaign received invitation to medical in July. When we received this it stated in the email that ‘they would be starting the clearance process’... Getting clearance has been the longest part of the recruitment campaign in the past as poster above has said. As far as I know they have improved/sped up the process, but still taking possibly 6mths...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭po candidate

It isn’t incorrect. The previous poster is from the 2016 campaign. The first group of candidates from the 2018 campaign received invitation to medical in July. When we received this it stated in the email that ‘they would be starting the clearance process’... Getting clearance has been the longest part of the recruitment campaign in the past as poster above has said. As far as I know they have improved/sped up the process, but still taking possibly 6mths...

Julygirl is correct. I received the same email. Im from 2018 campaign. According to IPS, clearance is down to 5 months now. In fact there was 6/7 people who were told their clearance is back already and they will start in December. All of whom are from 2018 campaign.

Just contacted ips for clarification ...I dunno what to to say Definitely not arguing and appreciate any input but the HR dept said my clearance was sent off on the 31st of July but not been called for medical...mind you id imagine they get alot of phone calls,it's a tad frustrating but I suppose that's just the way it goes
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Allo1976

Hopefully our clearance has been sent off end of july and not the same as batch 1 (not till we receive medical invite)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭Phillip k

Hi does anyone know if they will be recruiting again as i hsve heard they need over a thousand new prison officers so would think they will be recruiting for next few years . Hopefully doesn't stop like it did before for a few years .

I suppose no new is still good news .... wouldnt be expecting pct till earlier next year to be honest but it would be nice to be surprised!!

Just contacted ips for clarification ...I dunno what to to say Definitely not arguing and appreciate any input but the HR dept said my clearance was sent off on the 31st of July but not been called for medical...mind you id imagine they get alot of phone calls,it's a tad frustrating but I suppose that's just the way it goes
    Thanks

They must be doing each group/batch differently so.. I can only tell you what I have experienced being in the first group/batch.. but either way while you are waiting for your clearance u will progress to medical and then physical.. The process is very frustrating and long winded but at least we are nearly there..

Onto ips this morning as soon as pas get your clearance forms its sent off, looks like end of month to be called for medicals (those interviewed end of July)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Gmanno1

They must be doing each group/batch differently so.. I can only tell you what I have experienced being in the first group/batch.. but either way while you are waiting for your clearance u will progress to medical and then physical.. The process is very frustrating and long winded but at least we are nearly there..

Yes very long winded, difficult process and we're left in the dark. Like you say nearly there

Is there a long wait between medical and being called for fitness test?

Well done to everyone who passed

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Seriously giving up hope of ever getting an interview! OOM in 370’s and still haven’t been called! Campaign is going so slow! :(

Passed my PCT :-)

is it 40×15 meter laps in 3min?

Up 15 meters=one lap

Back 15 meters=second lap?

• Advertisement

Gmanno1 wrote: »
    is it 40×15 meter laps in 3min?

Up 15 meters=one lap

Back 15 meters=second lap?

The time limit is 3min 30secs and yes each 15m is a length.. so up 15m is 1/40 and back 15m is 2/40 etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Borrow

User2206 wrote: »
    Seriously giving up hope of ever getting an interview! OOM in 370’s and still haven’t been called! Campaign is going so slow! :(

God what hope have I got ,oom 500s
    The year 2150 when I get an interview

The time limit is 3min 30secs and yes each 15m is a length.. so up 15m is 1/40 and back 15m is 2/40 etc etc

Thanks, is it a bleep or just complete the 40 in the time frame given?

Borrow wrote: »
    God what hope have I got ,oom 500s
    The year 2150 when I get an interview

Ring PAS, they should have an idea

Reading all the posts in relation to the whole process,it seems like candidates have been given different information depending on whom you speak to.
    It is taking anything from 6months to 1 year for clearance to come back.

Paddy 42 wrote:
    Reading all the posts in relation to the whole process,it seems like candidates have been given different information depending on whom you speak to. It is taking anything from 6months to 1 year for clearance to come back.

My friend got her clearance back within 2 months !

Was it for the IPS? Or for another civil service campaign?

Paddy 42 wrote:
    Was it for the IPS? Or for another civil service campaign?

IPS , there are appox 10 from 2018 that have clearance back already

Thats for sure it is long winded and all the rest....but we're all still here for now so that's a big positive!!

• Advertisement

Gmanno1 wrote: »
    Thanks, is it a bleep or just complete the 40 in the time frame given?

Just complete the 40 in the 3min 30sec time frame..

Advertisement