Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 229 Nurmagomedov vs McGregor - Sat Oct 6th **Warning in first post!**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

froog wrote: »
    so how is everyone approaching this? drinking at normal time and powering through? or a strategic evening sleep and alarm for 3am? energy drinks/coffee?

Going to a friend's for BBQ. Main cardkicks off at 1pm. I love UFC Sunday's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

McGregor by Sub
    Just watched the weigh in there.

Serious knacker move in my opinion throwing his fist downward at his and then the kick aswell, no need for it

In saying that I’m putting all the BS aside and praying for the KO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

McGregor by Sub
    I understand people thinking this will be a toss up, I always thought Khabib would be his toughest fight but I've completely changed my mind after Khabibs last two fights.

I just cant see anything else but complete domination from Conor, when or if he gets taken down I think he'll surprise most people. I honestly think he'll finish Khabib before the halfway point of round 2.

I don't think any other lightweight beats Khabib though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

I don't care if Conor loses this fight but if its because of cardio again ill be disgusted. Please don't gas Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

McGregor by Sub
    eagle eye wrote: »
    Water only, best thing to keep you awake.

Cocaine says hello my friend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Khabib seems to prefer ground & pound to submission attempts but Im wondering will that change tonight- if an opportunity presents itself in the 2nd or 3rd he would be mad not to capitalise given how dangerous McG is on his feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I can’t wait for this , all the ****e and crap in between is frustrating but when it’s time for the octagon McGregor brings out excitement like Tyson did back in the day.

I don’t think Khabib will want to ground and pound for 5 rounds after getting a punch from McGregor.
    He will change his mind after getting a smack.

I see Khabib getting rocked pretty quickly here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

McGregor by Sub
    One thing that hasn't been mentioned here is the fact that McGregor has been gone for two years. No matter how good you are or how much train, coming back from that type of layoff is a huge ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

robwen wrote: »
    Were those flight attendants in red in the background during the weigh ins?

Flew Air Asia a few times last year. Their flight attendants are model grade

5a3a355b4aa6b5f7188b5ec2-750-562.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

darced wrote: »
    I don't care if Conor loses this fight but if its because of cardio again ill be disgusted. Please don't gas Conor.

I will **** on bus tonight if I see the gas face at approx 6 mins 50 seconds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

McGregor by Sub
    Khabib was rocking a nice shiner on his right eye at the closed press conference. The southpaw he was training with obviously sparked him. Whoever he was, I doubt he hits as hard or as fast as Conor does.

Also, I reckon Conor has gone through at least a pallet of baby oil over the last couple of months!
    He'll be as slippery as fish tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

We shall see how well he does!?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

One thing that hasn't been mentioned here is the fact that McGregor has been gone for two years. No matter how good you are or how much train, coming back from that type of layoff is a huge ask.
    Khabib had a two year layoff in 2016. Came back looking better than ever for what it's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

McGregor by Sub

Ah I wouldn't be too worried about that, he did compete just over a year ago, I know it was a boxing match but still counts and there has been fighters who came back from longer layoffs and looked even better than before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

What time will Conor begin his walkout ?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

McGregor by Sub
    s8n wrote: »
    What time will Conor begin his walkout ?

Anywhere between 4.30 and 5.15 your time. Has to be shownover by 6am

The closer this gets, the less sure I am about who will win.

All I know is that I'm hyped to the last. All fighters made weight, this should be a great night from an objective POV.

I won't be surprised if Khabib beats Conor considering the strengths of Khabib and the absence of McG from UFC for 2 years, but I'll be hoping for the opposite result.

McG by TKO in the 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

What time does the card start at??

McGregor by Sub
    Mellor wrote: »
    Khabib had a two year layoff in 2016. Came back looking better than ever for what it's worth.

Yeah but he came back against Darrell ****ing Horcher, and didn't look all that spectacular in doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I'll add to the irritating questions, is there any legit way for virgin media customers to watch this? I want to pay but it looks like its completely sewn up by BT? Useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

hots wrote: »
    I'll add to the irritating questions, is there any legit way for virgin media customers to watch this? I want to pay but it looks like its completely sewn up by BT? Useless.

Visit a friend who has BT sport's or use their account and stream it.
    Or go to a pub showing it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Tazzimus wrote: »

Disaster, I'm sure we've always had an option to ppv before? Rare that I'd like to spend money but can't!

McGregor by Sub
    hots wrote: »
    Tazzimus wrote: »

Disaster, I'm sure we've always had an option to ppv before? Rare that I'd like to spend money but can't!
    Not for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

Hope mcgregor knocks the bollocks out of him and leaves the bitter Barry’s more sour than their grannies fanny covered in 1943 vinegar sauce

Mod: Banned..lads I gave enough warnings and its in the first post

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

McGregor by Sub
    They'll hardly be showing this anywhere in Dublin airport? Have a flight to LA at half 7 so will be there from 4ish and would rather not have to watch it "online" on my laptop if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    Duff wrote: »
    They'll hardly be showing this anywhere in Dublin airport? Have a flight to LA at half 7 so will be there from 4ish and would rather not have to watch it "online" on my laptop if possible.

I would've thought the bars in the airport would have BT and would be showing it, pretty sure I've seen EPL games on in the airport

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

McGregor by Sub
    Duff wrote: »

Should be on, remember someone on here asking the same thing for a different fight as they were flying out. The bar opened at 4 or 5 am and they had the fight on.

Main card 3am

Main card 3am

• Advertisement

Main card 3am

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement