Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Ryder Cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

So that is that for another two years.

Golfers-who-play-on-the-PGA-tour Team A defeated Golfers-who-play-on-the-PGA-tour Team B.

Ole, Ole etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    He’s called ‘the postman’ because he always delivers. He’s delivered 3 wins out of last 7 matches. He was referred to as a ‘machine’ on here yesterday when he lost twice.

Listening to the British media & some on here is hilarious. They have very short memories.

He got a pick 4 years ago, when he was playing atrocious stuff coming into it. He was terrible (Rory carried him to a 1/2 point in one match)

But hey, the postman always delivers. He was class in it at one point.....that time is gone.

He just won the Ryder cup with a win against the best US team in my time.

So that is that for another two years.

Golfers-who-play-on-the-PGA-tour Team A defeated Golfers-who-play-on-the-PGA-tour Team B.

Ole, Ole etc.

I enjoyed it - but agree with above.

All back on their planes to Florida.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Ah stop, sure he only beat the world number 1...if you want to be called the postman you need to be beating better players than that. Or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

And "Rory carried him" .... Ha ha.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't deny Poult his day out - gives every club pro hope,

probably poults last cup ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

I wouldn't deny Poult his day out - gives every club pro hope,

probably poults last cup ?

He could play in one more but no doubt he will be European captain at some point in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

His win percentage is there for all to see.

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Played twice yesterday & lost twice. He played Dustin Johnson who was absolutely shocking. Molinari in one Ryder cup has more points than Poulter in his last two. He fell over the line today against the worst display I can remember from a world #1.

Whatever about the rest of this the idea he "fell over the line" is just nonsense. He played almost flawless golf to close out the game - 3 under for the last six and a couple of very close misses. He never gave dj a sniff. You are making a fool of yourself with a line like that.

His ryder cup record speaks for itself.

I'd have massive faith in Rory and will always back him.

But . I'll put my hands up and say - he looked very average out there when you looked at even some of the Rookies in the event.

Fleetwood and Molinari are miles better at present.

He looked very average versus likes of Thomas.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Yet you’ve posted an awful lot in the thread for someone who doesn’t like the tournament...

Keano wrote: »
    Yet you’ve posted an awful lot in the thread for someone who doesn’t like the tournament...

and - do you say when someone can post now.

I said I do get into it.

But it is no major for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Listening to the Europe team press conference... they all had a few beverages. Apparently Thomas agreed to get a tattoo if they won :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Enjoyable event but I really struggle to believe that a lot of the displays of emotion aren’t staged. These players win individual tournaments worth far more to their careers and egos and are reserved and calm in doing so. Suddenly in this event, representing Europe (which no European takes pride in day to day) they are going bezurk.

Either it’s staged or they’re doing it just to annoy the other side. I just can’t buy that it’s genuine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Enjoyable event but I really struggle to believe that a lot of the displays of emotion aren’t staged. These players win individual tournaments worth far more to their careers and egos and are reserved and calm in doing so. Suddenly in this event, representing Europe (which no European takes pride in day to day) they are going bezurk.

Either it’s staged or they’re doing it just to annoy the other side. I just can’t buy that it’s genuine.

And this year's Oscar goes to.... the winning European Ryder Cup Team.

What a load of.... How anyone doesn't think they are all showing genuine emotions is beyond me.

HighLine wrote: »
    And this year's Oscar goes to.... the winning European Ryder Cup Team.

What a load of.... How anyone doesn't think they are all showing genuine emotions is beyond me.

It is an individual sport and it just looks like the lads love the change to a real team for the week.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

and - do you say when someone can post now.

I said I do get into it.

But it is no major for me.
    I wish I had that power ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr Devious

Harrington better get his skates on with the Ryder cup captaincy, he probably need to be the running in one of the next 2 Ryder cups because there’s a helluva queue of shoo ins lining up for it in the next ten years. Westwood, McDowell, Garcia, Poulter, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,793 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Dr Devious wrote: »
    Harrington better get his skates on with the Ryder cup captaincy, he probably need to be the running in one of the next 2 Ryder cups because there’s a helluva queue of shoo ins lining up for it in the next ten years. Westwood, McDowell, Garcia, Poulter, etc

I think he'll definitely captain the team next time around in the US. Westwood then will have the one in Rome.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr Devious

I forgot Henryk Stenson and Justin Rose as future shoo ins; both probably have played their last Ryder cups.

• Advertisement

I forgot Henryk Stenson and Justin Rose as future shoo ins; both probably have played their last Ryder cups.

I'd say stenson is gone - but Rose will be back a few more

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Lot of golfers having their RC careers ended prematurely here. Would be shocked if we don’t see Rose at least twice more, mildly surprised if we’ve seen the last of Stenson and not shocked at all should Poulter make it back for a swan song. There is some up and coming talent in Europe but it’s not exactly teeming with it at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Can't believe what I just read, honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Rose is the current world number 2 and only 38. I'd be shocked if this was his last Ryder Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

That's who I meant Van de Velt must not have been around

He was on course today, saw him doing coverage for another tv network on course at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,132 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I think he'll definitely captain the team next time around in the US. Westwood then will have the one in Rome.

Is Westwood a lock? Do you not need at least a smidgen of personality for the job?:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Niles Crane

Is Westwood a lock? Do you not need at least a smidgen of personality for the job?:P

Bjorns done pretty well at it.

Bjorn has that covered.

Lee Westwood is like Billy Connolly compared to Bjorn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Niles Crane

What do you want them to do.Live in cold and misery in europe full time and damage there overall careers just so the Ryder Cup can have more meaning for you.

All the players are from Europe all the players started their careers on the european tour.

Are European Basketball players who chose to play in the NBA any less european because they play in the NBA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭who what when

McDowell really? He's more American than some of the Americans.

Advertisement