Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW7 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

patmac wrote: »
    Salah is probably guaranteed 2 games while Sterling has Liverpool away and he hasn't done too well there in the past.
    Rotation could be making an eejit of us all this weekend, I'm tempted to Silva/Firmino to Hazard/Mitro for -8 but that could backfire, also contemplating Siggy/Firmino to Lennon/Kane in fact every permutation including wildcard is fraught with danger, the pressers are going to be vital this weekend.

I think Sterling outscores Salah over the next few games. Sterling won't be rotated IMO. That's why I think he's worth the premium cost

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Still not sure what to do with Mendy.
    Think i'll just take the hit and be done with him

• Registered Users Posts: 33,028 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FHFC wrote: »

Well that’s a barrier alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »
    Have the same experience of Kane in general. I hate him FPL wise really.

But I'm not gonna let that cloud my judgement on him, with half decent underlying stats and A++ fixtures in his favour. I'm struggling badly this year so I need to go with the gut and try and get back in the game.

He looks half fit
    That’s enough for me to Stay away

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

CSF wrote: »
    Well that’s a barrier alright.

I am now seriously thinking of upgrading Steve cook to trippier/bellerin instead of Townsend to Ramsey /Moura etc
    There is so much uncertainty with the mids in that price range compared to the attacking defenders who are cheaper and may pick up clean sheets as well .......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Took out dsilva for richarlison. I'm undecided if I'll make another change for a hit. Here are the options I'm thinking, I've 3.7 in the bank

Robertson to tripper
    Mane to sterling/salah
    Ings to vardy

This is my team
    Begovic
    Robertson wan b bellerin
    Maddison Mane richarlison hazard
    Ings lacazette Aguero
    Speroni holebas Daniels Stephens

I probably don't need a hit, team is solid but I'd ask advice if anyone had a suggestion

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think I'll be abandoning my short lived Kane plan.

Ederson
    Mendy Alonso Robertson Doherty AWB
    Salah Hazard Ricky Fraser Westwood
    Aguero Zaha Ings

1 ft and zero itb

1: Bank
    2: Mendy to Trippier
    3. Zaha to Mitrovic

Favouring option 2 at the moment. Would keep the structure and allow me to bench Ings at Wolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Thoughts on David Silva + Ings out for Richarlison + Mitro? Have 2FTs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Thoughts on David Silva + Ings out for Richarlison + Mitro? Have 2FTs.

No brainer

Green&Red wrote: »
    No brainer

Needed that vote of confidence, thanks :pac: however, my concerns were; David Silva could start against Brighton and score big (although chances of both of those things happening are slim I suppose), and Mendy is annoying me and could get in Trippier instead. But anyway, think I'll do that original double swoop.

Edit: Hmmm, now pondering a -4 and bringing in Tripper for Mendy. Worth it?

• Advertisement

Trippier has 3 days rest between Huddersfield and Barca game, then only 2 days rest until the Cardiff. I'm thinking of -4 for him, but can seriously see him being rested for one of those two league games. I know Aurier is injured, but they could KWP for either league game.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My team for the weekend is:
    Foster
    AWB, Robertson, Alonso
    Walcott, Fraser, Pedro, Salah
    Augero, Firmino, Arnie
    Subs: Speroni, Shaw, Mendy, Gunnarsson

Have two free transfers.
    A -4 of:
    Mendy to Bennett
    Pedro to Hazard
    Firmino to Mitrovic

Leaves me with
    Foster
    AWB, Robertson, Alonso
    Walcott, Salah, Hazard, Fraser
    Mitrovic, Arnie, Aguero
    Subs: Speroni, Shaw, Bennett, Gunnarsson

Opinions?

Or I could go a bit left field

Mendy to Bennett
    Pedro to Gundogan
    Firmino to Kane

Leaves me with
    Foster
    AWB, Robertson, Alonso
    Walcott, Salah, Gundogan, Fraser
    Kane, Arnie, Aguero
    Subs: Speroni, Shaw, Bennett, Gunnar

• Registered Users Posts: 39,532 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lemlin wrote: »
    Foster
    AWB, Robertson, Alonso
    Augero, Firmino, Arnie

Have two free transfers.
    A -4 of:
    Mendy to Bennett
    Pedro to Hazard
    Firmino to Mitrovic

Leaves me with
    Foster
    AWB, Robertson, Alonso
    Mitrovic, Arnie, Aguero

Opinions?

Mendy to Bennett
    Pedro to Gundogan
    Firmino to Kane

Leaves me with
    Foster
    AWB, Robertson, Alonso
    Kane, Arnie, Aguero

I like the left field one for the next two gws tbh. Is the -4 required for funds? -4 for one bench player seems a pity

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RisingDamp

Foster
    AWB, Robertson, Alonso
    Augero, Firmino, Arnie

Have two free transfers.
    A -4 of:
    Mendy to Bennett
    Pedro to Hazard
    Firmino to Mitrovic

Leaves me with
    Foster
    AWB, Robertson, Alonso
    Mitrovic, Arnie, Aguero

Opinions?

Mendy to Bennett
    Pedro to Gundogan
    Firmino to Kane

Leaves me with
    Foster
    AWB, Robertson, Alonso
    Kane, Arnie, Aguero

Walcott to Ricky no?

RisingDamp wrote: »
    Walcott to Ricky no?

That can wait a week. I’d already be on -4 with the above.

KevIRL wrote: »
    I like the left field one for the next two gws tbh. Is the -4 required for funds? -4 for one bench player seems a pity

It’s the only way I can afford Kane or Aguero in each option.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,532 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

It’s the only way I can afford Kane or Aguero in each option.

Had a quick look at your team. No hits so far. Go for it so. If you average only one hit every 7 GWs that's good going.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    The way I see it, both Aguero and Kane are likely to score this weekend, but if one of them is to score two, it's more likely to be Aguero (his team is playing better, creating more, scoring more and are at home).

More than likely Aguero will not get 90 mins, whereas Kane will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Should I be concerned about Pereira? Didn't play for Leicester on Saturday after bringing him in for Mendy.

Maybe the Gray injury will get him minutes but could easily be Amarty in behind Ghezzal?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Should I be concerned about Pereira? Didn't play for Leicester on Saturday after bringing him in for Mendy.

Maybe the Gray injury will get him minutes but could easily be Amarty in behind Ghezzal?

Was surprise/annoyed to see him not playing last week, if he doesn't play this week, I'll be shipping him out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Thinking schurrle and Lukaku out. Hazard and mitro in. Have exact funds to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Have a feeling Walcott is gonna outscore Ricky this weekend. Gudmundson is also looking like good value for the next two fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭JayJoe1990

Have a feeling Walcott is gonna outscore Ricky this weekend. Gudmundson is also looking like good value for the next two fixtures.

This will happen, Walcott is the biggest fpl troll ever.

Anyway I did Walcott > Maddison, Mendy > Bellerin. Like the look off Bellerin going forward looking at the last couple of arsenal games, decent fixtures too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    The way I see it, both Aguero and Kane are likely to score this weekend, but if one of them is to score two, it's more likely to be Aguero (his team is playing better, creating more, scoring more and are at home).
    More than likely Aguero will not get 90 mins, whereas Kane will.
    Why so? Kane has played 479 minutes in September, Aguero only 231 (Aguero also played less minutes in August and had more time off in the summer). The important European match next week applies to both. Aguero may get time off in the upcoming international break. If Spurs look comfortable, Kane will certainly be whipped off. Anyway, Aguero could hit a hatrick in the first half, unless there are a lot of penalties, Kane probably wouldn't have a hatrick if he was there til Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Who is the best to replace Pedro, head is melted thinking about my options, 7.7 to spend but would like to keep cash in the bank if possible

Fraser & Maddison are high on my list but I'm not sure who's best going forward

Dempsey wrote: »
    Who is the best to replace Pedro, head is melted thinking about my options, 7.7 to spend but would like to keep cash in the bank if possible

Fraser in nearly twice as many teams as Maddiso and would leave you you cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Dempsey wrote: »

Richarlison?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

They are all options but I'm thinking Maddison with fixtures. I think Richarlison & Fraser will dry out unless there is a convincing argument

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Pete_Cavan wrote:
    The way I see it, both Aguero and Kane are likely to score this weekend
    Pete_Cavan wrote:
    Kane probably wouldn't have a hatrick if he was there til Sunday.

So he's likely to get 1 in 90mins but unlikely to get 3 in 24 hours? That's some weird logic going on there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I can't remember where I read/heard this, but the jist was that fans blamed Pereira for the Bournemouth loss, and after being dropped last week perhaps Puel agreed.

Advertisement