Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

ASOT wrote: »

Legs looking huge there. Takedown defense?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

The Nal wrote: »
    Legs looking huge there. Takedown defense?

Yeah massive quads defo to stop the takedowns

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Axwell wrote: »
    Where are people getting prices of 25 and 30 from? According to this it retails at €45 and is a blend chosen from 100 original options.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/media-and-marketing/conor-mcgregor-names-new-whiskey-after-crumlin-roots-1.3632102

https://sipwhiskey.com/product/proper-twelve-irish-whiskey/

• Registered Users Posts: 39,134 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Commanchie wrote: »
    Ok lets do it this way.

Does Joe Bloggs in his first UFC deserve the same purse as McGregor?

Same as;

Does a new Whiskey deserve the value of a proven whiskey?

No it does not my friend.
    That's not remotely how it works.
    On the 3yr old side of things, I think I and plenty of others are probably guilty of putting the three year legal minimum requirement and McGregor's spin about working hard for three years together.
    Well 3 year bush and grain blend is basically Red Bush. I've tried it, it's as you'd expect. Not undrinkable, but not great obviously. It's kinda distinctly bourbon-ish. Which is why I'm expecting this to be different. But maybe not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

They were huge if not bigger for the Mayweather fight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Axwell wrote: »
    You don't know whats in the blend or the quality of it to be able to say what price it is worth. The fact it is a new whiskey on the market is irrelevant, whats in the bottle is what determines it.

One of the larger distilleries took their waste heads and tails, added flavours and colouring and now sell it to the younger market. It sells well.

Can't see why McGregor can't sell average whiskey the same way. Because there's a market there for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Quick question on this. Any time McGregor posts anything, or any of the other SBG lads really, the others pile in with some comment around "tanks" or "animals" or "champ" etc.

Is it all a big in joke where they're taking the piss out of each other or is it all just sycophancy turned up to 11?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Quick question on this. Any time McGregor posts anything, or any of the other SBG lads really, the others pile in with some comment around "tanks" or "animals" or "champ" etc.

Is it all a big in joke where they're taking the piss out of each other or is it all just sycophancy turned up to 11?

Might be something to do with how IG works. Ever notice that if you're looking at a pic it'll show you a couple of comments as default, but they're never from shmoes? They're from people who have a few followers already?

I'd imagine the rest of the lads are trying to get follows off the back of Conor's posts

This I'd say. They all want that trip to Las Vegas!

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Ever notice that if you're looking at a pic it'll show you a couple of comments as default, but they're never from shmoes? They're from people who have a few followers already?

I'm constantly seeing post comments from ****ing Hismile Teeth Whiteners.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Might be something to do with how IG works. Ever notice that if you're looking at a pic it'll show you a couple of comments as default, but they're never from shmoes? They're from people who have a few followers already?

I'd imagine the rest of the lads are trying to get follows off the back of Conor's posts

that's why the hismile ones are always visible! They have a huge following and have a massive amount of insta models that promote their product.

the ones show besides being from the commenters with a large following base are comments from your friends, or the comment that the owner of the account has replied most to.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

Effects wrote: »
    I'm constantly seeing post comments from ****ing Hismile Teeth Whiteners.

Yeah same hahaha hes some craic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

The Nal wrote: »
    Can we quell the Buckfast talk until there is something official saying these things. People have ordered bottles and there is no need to create panic over hearsay and a supposed whatsapp message. If it is Buckfast we will hear about it.

one of the lads tweeted helwani about it earlier

no smoke without fire as they say

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

It's all a scam really. Hismile are just piggybacking his posts to gain coverage, even though they were a one time sponsor.

The whole way Instagram comments work is a ****show tbh. But I do get a kick out of seeing Owen Colgan Fitness being the top comment on some of Khabib's posts, specifically asking to meet him outside of Tesco in Castlebar.

sc86 wrote: »
    one of the lads tweeted helwani about it earlier

no smoke without fire as they say

Someone mentioned this already. There's often smoke without fire.
    Conor was knocked out in training before, remember? Didn't hear anything more about it afterwards.

If someone tweeted Helwani then they can't be that close to Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    IHave to ****ing lol at the cocktail suggestion, basically whiskey on ice or whiskey neat, remarkable innovation :D

I got fed up reading after those two and missed that it got better. One of the lads sent me another one from the website:

The Octagon

Take a shot of Proper Twelve Whiskey with 7 of your friends! Sláinte

Absolutely shameless stuff ffs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Ah jaysis!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Would that extra muscle not affect speed and movement ?

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Would that extra muscle not affect speed and movement ?

No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 21,375 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

When cans of Monster just won’t do....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Poor Dana. Conor gonna send that man to an early grave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Poor Dana. Conor gonna send that man to an early grave
    Haha! He probably loves it as it creates more attention. They are doing an outdoor screening of the press conference in Times Square on what is billed as "330-foot Mega-Zilla, the world’s largest TV screen.” So that should satisfy some people in New York anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Does anyone know of anywhere in Ireland stocking the whiskey yet?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Hundreds and possibly thousands of rowdy "irish-americans" landing up with two big glass bottles in hand, what could go wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

dulux99 wrote: »
    Hundreds and possibly thousands of rowdy "irish-americans" landing up with two big glass bottles in hand, what could go wrong?

Absolute disaster but think its tongue in cheek more so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Commanchie wrote: »
    dulux99 wrote: »

Absolute disaster but think its tongue in cheek more so

I’ve no doubt it was, but people are crazy, they’ll do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement