Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

theballz wrote: »
    for the countries sake let's hope Conor gets knocked out and we don't have to hear about him again for a number of years

If you have no interest in Conor or hearing about him then this forum is not really the place you should be...the clue is in the thread title.

If you dont have anything constructive to add then dont post as you are adding nothing to the forum with comments like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Axwell wrote: »
    If you have no interest in Conor or hearing about him then this forum is not really the place you should be...the clue is in the thread title.

If you dont have anything constructive to add then dont post as you are adding nothing to the forum with comments like this.
    You should be getting a mod of the month award just for having to deal with this thread :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Tazzimus wrote: »
    You should be getting a mod of the month award just for having to deal with this thread :D

Id prefer flights, tickets and accommodation to the fight but can't see the powers that be going for it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭fitzparker

delete if not allowed as hearsay but rumours catching on that Conor hurt his foot last night.

Hoping it's not true

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

fitzparker wrote: »
    delete if not allowed as hearsay but rumours catching on that Conor hurt his foot last night.

Hoping it's not true

God I hope that's not true. Hopefully he's just been dropped in sparring again.

Is it on whatsapp?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

pls nooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,660 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Hoping it's not true

Trying to out Khabib Khabib by pulling out first?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,687 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Hoping it's not true

God I hope that's not true. Hopefully he's just been dropped in sparring again.

Is it on whatsapp?
    Is the rumors hew was dropped n sparring ?
    He won't pull out which is a shame cause a hurt foot v Khabib is not good ,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Not on twitter as far as I can see, only how some footballer looks like him at a press conference.

Reality is, he needs to be as fit as possible for this one.

• Advertisement

Is the rumors hew was dropped n sparring ?
    He won't pull out which is a shame cause a hurt foot v Khabib is not good ,

I was just kidding around in respect of previous unfounded rumour mills.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Hoping it's not true

Any source on where the rumour originated from? Christ I hope it's b*lox.

Will life be worth living?

What's the point in anything now?

Can we quell the rumour talk until there is something official saying these things. People have booked flights and tickets and accomodation and there is no need to create panic over hearsay and a supposed whatsapp message. If he is badly injured we will hear about it as the fight will be cancelled. If he is not then we wont hear about it because a) it never happened or b) it will be brought up after the fight he was carrying an injury. But either way unless there is some actual proper source out there to backit up leave the gossip and rumours to TMZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Can we quell the rumour talk until there is something official saying these things. People have booked flights and tickets and accomodation and there is no need to create panic over hearsay and a supposed whatsapp message. If he is badly injured we will hear about it as the fight will be cancelled. If he is not then we wont hear about it because a) it never happened or b) it will be brought up after the fight he was carrying an injury. But either way unless there is some actual proper source out there to backit up leave the gossip and rumours to TMZ.

Definitely, that's why I said to delete as i understand for the other guys, praying its not but I got whatsapp screenshot from people close to the camp and another person told me separately (not knowing of whatsapp text) that friend of Richard Kiely tweeted helwani about it

Again hoping its not true and its just made up. I wont say anymore until its unconfirmed hopefully, im sure the next 24/48 we will for sure

As I said lets see what unfolds if anything..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,687 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Definitely, that's why I said to delete as i understand for the other guys, praying its not but I got whatsapp screenshot from people close to the camp and another person told me separately (not knowing of whatsapp text) that friend of Richard Kiely tweeted helwani about it

Again hoping its not true and its just made up. I wont say anymore until its unconfirmed hopefully, im sure the next 24/48 we will for sure
    Can I ask what did the wats ap say or are we leaving it there till its report in the media ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Typical begrudging irish mentality

Why is this the go to too shut down people who disagree with band wagoning and nut hugging.

You point out x successful irish person is a bit of a arse ect and its begrudery

Mcgregor is a proven fighter, his antics are a bit much at times alright and that's naturally made him not to popular with a lot of people, which is fair enough

JK on Instagram story 2 hours ago saying "my last Monday at home for a while"

Hopefully that means everything is grand and they're off to NY/Vegas as planned this week

Can I ask what did the wats ap say or are we leaving it there till its report in the media ?

I thought my post was pretty clear on that ...read back what fitzparker wrote and thats what was in the whatsapp message.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Joanna embarrasses a reporter who tries to get her to criticise Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

What an extraordinary amount of knobheads involved there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Mellor wrote: »
    He won 7 of his 10 UFC fight by knockout. Most TKOs.
    He best (only) chance of beating Khabib is to finish him. Does it matter if that's a KO or a TKO?

I’m more talking about the people saying McGregor only needs one punch. Aside from Aldo he hasn’t KO’d anyone with one punch.

Roll on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Tony will be on thr 6 o clock show tomorrow evening. Could be tv gold

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

#CrispNotes4Dayz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

He wouldn’t pull out anyway after calling khabib the pull out merchant

He wouldn’t pull out anyway after calling khabib the pull out merchant

And yer one in Liverpool..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

cliggg wrote: »
    Joanna embarrasses a reporter who tries to get her to criticise Conor.

She deserves a Performance or the Night bonus for that, absolutely slaughtered the guy. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭monty_python

Can I get in on the WhatsApp thing???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement