Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

EoineyM wrote: »
    Can defo see McGregor trying to turn it into a USA v Russia thing. PPV numbers would explode if things got political!

_102543552_afp-getty_mcgregorputin.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,631 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Its a pity Ferguson wont be there ,
    be very interesting how Conor reacts to his 90 high school movie trash talk, the guy is such a dork it makes him brilliant ,

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah I see Conor coming out in full Russian outfit to get the Russians on his side. Also it's Khabib's birthday today, can see Conor trying to give him a bottle of his whiskey as a present although I can't see him be left with bottles near him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Conor has more Russian fans than the Muslim Dagestani.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

Conor has more Russian fans than the Muslim Dagestani.

Does it matter that Khabis is Muslim? I dont think so. But Russians love Khabib. Dagestan is a Putin ally, And they see themselves as Russian as opposed to Chechens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Love him or hate him, McGregor drums up an excitement around a sport like no Irishman in history. Great to have him back.

Commanchie wrote: »
    Does it matter that Khabis is Muslim? I dont think so. But Russians love Khabib. Dagestan is a Putin ally, And they see themselves as Russian as opposed to Chechens.

It doesn't matter to me at all no, but Russians typically aren't fond of Muslim Dagestanis or Chechens ect. I knew this long before I'd heard of Khabib.

• Advertisement

Commanchie wrote: »
    Does it matter that Khabis is Muslim? I dont think so.
    It matters when discussing how much support he has in Russia overall.

He was condemning a rap concert recently - young people who attended were bringing shame to Dagestan etc - and he was overwhelmingly lambasted on Russia social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

What time is the presser.?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

akelly02 wrote: »
    What time is the presser.?
    10pm officially but more than likely half an hour or so after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

I am excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Very glad to have this hype back in my life. All is forgiven. Maybe Marc Goddard WAS wrong. Maybe that dolly DID need to be thrown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Artem predicts 1st rd stoppage and Conor can out wrestle and out grapple Khabib........... i'm betting my house on this :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Fans at UFC Moscow are asked to pick the winner of Conor-Khabib.

dave1982 wrote: »

Artem predicts 1st rd stoppage and Conor can out wrestle and out grapple Khabib........... i'm betting my house on this :pac::pac:

Whatever Narcotics Artem is taken, they would want to be banned.
    Conor win 1st round stoppage- Of course
    Conor Outwrestle and out grapple Khabib- not in a month of sundays.

Artem just on mouth pieces and gloves...its all he needs:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Don't question the GOAT.

• Advertisement

cliggg wrote: »
    Fans at UFC Moscow are asked to pick the winner of Conor-Khabib.

There you go. Mostly bearded guys picking Khabib.

13k people now watching a blank screen with 40 mins to go.

13k people now watching a blank screen with 40 mins to go.

im 1

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It’s criminal not having this presser open to the public.

That room with the same 4 journalists asking the same 4 questions would suck the life out of any event.

Another great job by the UFC! :rolleyes:

Paully D wrote: »

That room with the same 4 journalists asking the same 4 questions would suck the life out of any event.

Any idea the reasoning behind it? Would have loved if Tony an Petis were there too

Paully D wrote: »

The only reason I can think of is that a live audience can get Conor riled up and because this will be live streamed to times Square, UFC don't want to chance anything going south. Saying that, they are trying to sell a fight so let Conor feed off a crowd and get fired up.

Any idea the reasoning behind it? Would have loved if Tony an Petis were there too

Strictly down to the last 2 UFC pressers Conors been involved in I could imagine.
    Both went Pete tong.

Rogan was talking about the lack of promo very strange theres so little and that if you dont follow mma you might not even know that the fight was happening. Dana ****ed up letting the mayweather fight happen. Conor has too much money from that fight so have very little interest in promoting it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The only reason I can think of is that a live audience can get Conor riled up and because this will be live streamed to times Square, UFC don't want to chance anything going south. Saying that, they are trying to sell a fight so let Conor feed off a crowd and get fired up.

That’s exactly the reason mate, but when Dana goes from the last incident being “the most disgusting thing he has even seen” to then basing the entire promo coverage around it, just let Conor off.

More hypocrisy as usual from Dana and the UFC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I'd say they're reigning him in, trying to stem the monster they created.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement