Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Noel Fielding is harmless, really. Totally harmless.

But I just don't like him. It's bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Jo Wiley
    Fern Cotton
    Davina McCall
    Zoe Ball
    Carol McGiffin from loose women

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Jo Wiley
    Fern Cotton
    Davina McCall
    Zoe Ball
    Carol McGiffin from loose women

All the Ferns!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

All the Ferns!
    Are ther any nice ones?
    For some reasons I've never met a Paul that I liked. Jasons as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Fans of Rafa Nadal.

He's a f**king pox too but his fans, Jesus - let's just hope no other tennis players have bunnies - that bugger is in the pot.

• Advertisement

Are ther any nice ones?

Ah yer one out of Friday Thirteenth was better than most ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I loathe presidential candidate, Sean Gallagher. I don't really know why.*

(*I probably do.. but libel etc..)

My brain goes into a state, like Frank Grimes, flailing his little arms, at the sight of him.

Just why.. would you want him as a president, what has he got to say, about anything.

F_ck off.

Are ther any nice ones?

Fern Brady's kinda cute. A Scottish comedienne in case you don't know her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Amalgam wrote: »

My brain goes into a state, like Frank Grimes, flailing his little arms, at the sight of him.

Just why.. would you want him as a president, what has he got to say, about anything.

F_ck off.
    don't think I've ever been able to identify with a boards post more than this one. Nail on the head!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭mbradso2003

George Lee. Sure i'll try politics for a year and head back to RTE if it doesn't work out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The people who go to snooker and say "Come on Ronnie" at Ronnie O'Sullivan after he makes a pot. I'd say the only one who hates them more is Ronnie himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Amalgam wrote: »

F_ck off.

I think precisely because he's so little to say. Management-consultant-speak from the Border Region.

He's a "dragon", so appeals to the centre-right crony capitalist vote. But "does a lot for charidee", so deniably so.

He's from the FF gene pool, so appeals to that segment of the electorate... but isn't "official", so again, entirely deniable.

He's "himself off the telly", but it's not quite Love Island, so his being effectively the gameshow candidate is again, vaguely deniable. Worked for Trump, right?

It was an odd enough phenomenon the first time out. Have to keep pinching myself that it's really actually happening again.

alaimacerc wrote: »
    I think precisely because he's so little to say. Management-consultant-speak from the Border Region.

He's a "dragon", so appeals to the centre-right crony capitalist vote. But "does a lot for charidee", so deniably so.

He's from the FF gene pool, so appeals to that segment of the electorate... but isn't "official", so again, entirely deniable.

He's "himself off the telly", but it's not quite Love Island, so his being effectively the gameshow candidate is again, vaguely deniable. Worked for Trump, right?

It was an odd enough phenomenon the first time out. Have to keep pinching myself that it's really actually happening again.

Also a reality TV contestant-he 'won' that Charity boxing thing RTE did years ago (that was a load of sh!te). I say 'won' because those who could actually box were asked to leave because 'they were too good'.

Plus it was absolutely terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Roy Keane- but i can understand it !

blingrhino wrote: »
    Roy Keane- but i can understand it !

We're going for Saipan II here - already had a mate go "you like that ***er don't you ?....."

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

ERG89 wrote: »
    The people who go to snooker and say "Come on Ronnie" at Ronnie O'Sullivan after he makes a pot. I'd say the only one who hates them more is Ronnie himself.

He seems to attract a certain rough London element.

Probably a holdover from the life his Dad led.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Nicky Button, Ray D'Arcy

this is it for me. The management-consultantese. Look at how good of an orator , how well-read and cultured Higgins comes across when he represents Ireland.
    Would be an awful shame to replace this with mind-numbing corporate cliches (theres enough of that in the Dail)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2AnoCNarQQ

• Registered Users Posts: 16,105 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Ruth Negga . Never happy .

Would be an awful shame to replace this with mind-numbing corporate cliches (theres enough of that in the Dail)

Or pretty much every post-match Gaa interview, these days!

• Advertisement

Or pretty much every post-match Gaa interview, these days!

exactly. Rugby isn't much better in that respect. It has infected almost every inch of Irish society. I can't even have a regular informal conversation with some people I know these days without them coming out with meaningless corpo jargon! It would be great if we could at least keep it out of Aras :pac:

exactly. Rugby isn't much better in that respect.

Possibly worse. I'm just less sensitised to that because the rugby-playing classes are the ones you expect to be chattering away in management-speak anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭trashcan

What's worse is that he genuinely seems to feel that he was cheated out of his birthright or some such last time around, and is here to "put it right" this time. Also hate that there are now, what, three of them ? From that programme running now. F&#% off the lot of ye.

trashcan wrote: »
    What's worse is that he genuinely seems to feel that he was cheated out of his birthright or some such last time around, and is here to "put it right" this time. Also hate that there are now, what, three of them ? From that programme running now. F&#% off the lot of ye.

Peter Casey is notionally going for it too, but AFAIK has no nominations, and no prospects of any nomination.

To paraphrase the old song:

He's running now... but he won't be running long.

I concur with your general thoughts. The very people cheering on SG right now will be the first to be so-very-disgusted when some gameshow candidacy that doesn't fit their political prejudices so well happens along.

Peter Casey is notionally going for it too, but AFAIK has no nominations, and no prospects of any nomination.
    I feel a bit sorry for Peter Casey, tbh.

He's a terrible choice for candidacy, to be sure to be sure, but is he any worse than the other Dragons?

At least he has previously run for the Seanad, unlike the other two self-publicists.

He's a terrible choice for candidacy, to be sure to be sure, but is he any worse than the other Dragons?

Not sure. I'm still struggling with very mixed feelings about their numerosity. Would three of them have formed an unstoppable flying wedge? Like the fabled PD "run three, get one" election strategy that worked... ...once, ever? Or would it have been so risible, it'd have sobered almost everyone up enough to vote for a slightly more credible candidate, instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭littelady

Brian ormond

Not sure. I'm still struggling with very mixed feelings about their numerosity. Would three of them have formed an unstoppable flying wedge? Like the fabled PD "run three, get one" election strategy that worked... ...once, ever? Or would it have been so risible, it'd have sobered almost everyone up enough to vote for a slightly more credible candidate, instead?
    I'd have assumed that the Dragons (hate calling them that, makes them sound far more exciting than they are) were hyper-competitive towards one another. But you're right, this does strongly resemble that old 'sweeper' strategy, where minor candidates sweep up support for the Big baldy Cheese.

Quoth Ray D'arcy, if that fcuker wins, I'm emigrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

exactly. Rugby isn't much better in that respect. It has infected almost every inch of Irish society. I can't even have a regular informal conversation with some people I know these days without them coming out with meaningless corpo jargon! It would be great if we could at least keep it out of Aras :pac:
    Infected? Rugby was always popular just since 1999/2000 the provinces have started playing more often and more importantly the provinces and national side have actually won some things.
    Possibly worse. I'm just less sensitised to that because the rugby-playing classes are the ones you expect to be chattering away in management-speak anyway.
    Rugby playing classes? So people from every class and group in society then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Omackeral wrote: »
    Is there anyone out there that you just don't like and you just can't explain it? Someone who you just can't stand but they've never really done anything to make you feel that way.

For example, I have an irrational dislike of Emma Watson. I've never really seen any of her films or interviews but if I look something up and she's in it, I'm subconsciously voting against it. When she showed up in This Is The End I sighed and I'm not quite sure why. Can't explain it. Feel similarly towards Anne Hathaway.

Who's yours?
    I don't like some like IPS of a certain age. Fresh into the jail. Takes them a while to understand the dynamics of the place.. I know that's what gig you're at, but would you probably agree with me that they are more than a hinder than help for at least a few months

Advertisement