Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish celebrities who suddenly vanished out of the spotlight

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Didnt Andrew Strong do a Coca Cola ad? I thought he did

Yeah I vaguely remember it. All I can recall is him pounding a piano and closeups of his big sweaty head.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Dave Heffernan from rte just crossed my mind, turns out his son Aaron was DI Gavin in love hate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,288 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Dave Heffernan from rte just crossed my mind, turns out his son Aaron was DI Gavin in love hate

Oh God-that was his kid? His acting was horrific. Wouldn't get a call back on Fair City, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Jedward
    Thanks be to God.

Giving it full on Blue Steel in that pic.

Wasn't he in some Sinatra Tribute show for a while too?

Was that the one with the Ros na Run rapist? There was a rat pack show, and a few performers in it. And the Ros na Run rapist, Garreth Phillips, was part of the cast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

not vanished but I was surprised to see that Dermot O' Neill plays Grandad in Mrs Browns Boys,

Is it all make up ?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,276 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

not vanished but I was surprised to see that Dermot O' Neill plays Grandad in Mrs Browns Boys,

Is it all make up ?

I think you are confusing Dermot O'Neill the gardener and Dermot O'Neill the actor (and ex window cleaner)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I think you are confusing Dermot O'Neill the gardener and Dermot O'Neill the actor (and ex window cleaner)

..ahhh..FFS..i'll get me coat

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,171 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Only one actor, one name, Equity, but doesn't apply here. Only one Fifi Wilson. Cork actress found her name was already taken so choose Fiona Shaw instead.

Was going to say Laura Ryan, she of 'former TV3 news presenter'. Was a really good looking woman.

Then saw her on Tv3 news this evening. Still good looking, must be about 40 something now.

• Advertisement

That traveller guy from Pavee Point with the tash. Used to be on TV discussions a lot but haven't seen him in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Radio5

Richard Crowley, last heard him on the Sunday News programme but not for a long while now.

Radio5 wrote: »
    Richard Crowley, last heard him on the Sunday News programme but not for a long while now.

He retired last December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Saw Johnny Logan mentioned on this thread a few times, he was literally playing the Throwback stage literally a few days ago at Electric Picnic 2018! Great guy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭horseofstone

Breffny morgan. Haven't seen him for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Whatever happened to Conman Conrad Gallagher?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Whatever became of Mickey Joe Harte? The guy who sang the Irish entry in the Eurovision in 2003, not the Tyrone GAA manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

the Batchelors vanished after their tv showwas taken off air. are they still alive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Whatever happened to Conman Conrad Gallagher?

Oh when things went tits up for him here, He was in South Africa writing menus/consultant executive chef/fry cook. He is somewhere else reinventing himself and dodging the tax man and debt collector most likely

Flash in the pan Z lister, he had his fifteen minutes.

• Advertisement

Oh when things went tits up for him here, He was in South Africa writing menus/consultant executive chef/fry cook. He is somewhere else reinventing himself and dodging the tax man and debt collector most likely

He's doing the same crap over and over, but using his birth name in order to dodge the money lenders. (Conrad's not his given name).
    Last I heard, either South Africa or Brazil.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Rubecula wrote: »
    the Batchelors vanished after their tv showwas taken off air. are they still alive?
    Yeah living in UK. Do concerts now and again. They are brilliant. No John stokes anymore . But decs son and daughter are in backing band now.

He's doing the same crap over and over, but using his birth name in order to dodge the money lenders. (Conrad's not his given name).
    Last I heard, either South Africa or Brazil.

You have to give it to him. He was some character!!! He pissed off so many serious people he was run out of Dublin. Then they screwed up his business in Manhattan. Then had him thrown in Prison in New York where he made load of mob connections for future business endeavors. Then more or less walks free...... Gotta hand it to the guy He had a neck like a jockeys bo%&ocks

Whatever became of Mickey Joe Harte? The guy who sang the Irish entry in the Eurovision in 2003, not the Tyrone GAA manager.

Pulling pints in the pub telling tall tales of his Eurovision adventure. At least he isnt trying to reinvent himself like the McCauls. God bless 'em, it was like watching Tintin and Snowy on stage.

Best not rehash that character in case he appears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Aonghus McAnally... where did he go?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Rubecula wrote: »

There's a programme on TG4 on Sunday about the Bachelors

10.30pm Ceol on Chlann - The Bachelors
    Dublin brothers Conleth and Declan Cluskey remember forming Irish singing group the Bachelors and the four years of success they enjoyed with songs including I Believe, Charmaine, The Stars Will Remember, Ramona and Diane

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭Sassygirl1999

Charles haughey

twirlagig wrote: »

Behind the scenes radio producer, does quite a few interviews. I think he was interviewed on the Radio a year or so ago-wrote a one man show about Christy Hennessey.

• Advertisement

twirlagig wrote: »

Prince of Donnybrook? He is RTE Montrose Royalty. He must be close to retirement. Remember the Yellow and Red Doc Martens, and matching suits. Great Character and hit the highs of RTE without being a prick like Pat the Plank

Advertisement