Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

seligehgit wrote: »
    Costello too.

He rarely starts anyway. Probably not be team that lines out, and not in that shape and probably same applies to Tyrone! So all very speculative.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

No way in hell, that team will start. None.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

ProudDUB wrote: »
    No way in hell, that team will start. None.

No, Mick Fitz to start instead of COS.

Nope. Cian starts for me. MDMA also. And put Jamesy back where he belongs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

No Mick Fitzsimons?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

seligehgit wrote: »
    No Mick Fitzsimons?

Not for me either, Not often I agree with anything Colm Parkinson says, But Fitzsimons to come on to mark a fresh Lee Brennan

Heard COS is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Don't forget lads and lassies. Up for the Match at 9:30 tonight. Sure to be great craic.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Slattsy wrote:
    But what were ya doing up at half four in the am?!

Waiting for the VPN to connect!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

wazzer1 wrote: »
    No, Mick Fitz to start instead of COS.

That’s exactly what I said to myself when I seen the team. Reckon MDMA will start too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Don't forget lads and lassies. Up for the Match at 9:30 tonight. Sure to be great craic.

Absolute ****e but will still watch it.
    Few of the 95 boys be on it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

ProudDUB wrote:
    But it must be said. There was no malice in it, Martin
    It must be said.

There's no objectivity when he's commentating on Dublin vMayo or Dublin v Kerry. He has his blinkers on on RTE too just turned down a bit.

There's no need objectivity in his commentary, it must be said

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Ewan McKenna has found someone he hates more than Jimmy Gavin!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Ewan McKenna has found someone he hates more than Jimmy Gavin!

Himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Absolute ****e but will still watch it.
    Few of the 95 boys be on it.

My only memory from that final were off the did he or did he not touch it on the ground,and my Dad convinced he didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭kala85

What's the demand for tickets like at the moment.

Are tickets beginning to free up. Is it as bad as last year.

Will there be tickets at the match tomorrow if I travel without one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭muddle84

kala85 wrote: »

Theres always tickets on the day

kala85 wrote: »

Seemed to alot more around yesterday. Well worth a trip though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭kala85

Not too many tickets left around last year for Mayo vs Dublin.

If they are showing up already looks like there will be some availability for tomorrow

Tickets for sale on Tyrone Gumtree. They appear to be at face value, so I presume it's ok to mention it here. Mods, plz remove, if not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Tickets for sale on Tyrone Gumtree. They appear to be at face value, so I presume it's ok to mention it here. Mods, plz remove, if not.

Site ban, Shirley.

:pac:

Oh ok, if you insist.

And don't call me Shirley.

Bret Hart wrote:
    My only memory from that final were off the did he or did he not touch it on the ground,and my Dad convinced he didn't.

I was at that game , the win was an anticlimax. Had been so close for the previous 3 years it was almost expected. I think I nearly took a break in 1996 too

The 2011 win was far better IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 12,085 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Stoner wrote: »
    I was at that game , the win was an anticlimax. Had been so close for the previous 3 years it was almost expected. I think I nearly took a break in 1996 too

The 2011 win was far better IMO

Yeah. I felt very underwhelmed and even a bit embarrassed in '95. :eek: 2011 was special, but personally the 2002 LF win against Kildare felt great as I cried my heart out in the upper Hogan. 7 years is still a long time.:D

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Yeah. I felt very underwhelmed and even a bit embarrassed in '95. :eek: 2011 was special, but personally the 2002 LF win against Kildare felt great as I cried my heart out in the upper Hogan. 7 years is still a long time.:D

S'funny, I was about to get a dig in about a win over Kildare moving a Dub to tears. A dig of the 'cop yerself on' variety. But then I remembered 2011 and Berno's free & Jesus, the relief when it was all over. You could have heard my bum squeaking in outer space. And look at us now. It's hard to comprehend really, isn't it?

I was on the Twitter machine earlier & saw an exchange between 2 former Kilkenny hurlers joking about running out of places/schools/businesses etc to take Liam to. I'd say some of our lads are running into that now...."Ah no Michael Daragh, we're grand thanks. It's the kids annual trip to the Zoo today. Can we leave it 'till next year?" :D

PLEASE NOTE:

This post in no way encourages, endorses or promotes complacency, arrogance or lack of hunger in Dublin players, management or supporters. Terms and conditions apply. Please check all policy wording before making any GOAT claims. All mentions of Five in a row made before 5pm on 2/9/2018, are punishable by public flogging and/or watching Dublin v Donegal 2011.

S'funny, I was about to get a dig in about a win over Kildare moving a Dub to tears. A dig of the 'cop yerself on' variety. But then I remembered 2011 and Berno's free & Jesus, the relief when it was all over the. You could have heard my bum squeaking in outer space. And look at us now. It's hard to comprehend really, isn't it?

I was on the Twitter machine earlier & saw an exchange between 2 former Kilkenny hurlers joking about running out of places/schools/businesses etc to take Liam to. I'd say some of our lads are running into that now...."Ah no Michael Daragh, we're grand thanks. It's the kids annual trip to the Zoo. Can we leave it 'till next year?" :D

PLEASE NOTE:

This post in no way encourages, endorses or promotes complacency, arrogance or lack of hunger in Dublin players, management or supporters. Terms and conditions apply. Please check all policy wording before making any GOAT claims. All mentions of Five in a row made before 5pm on 2/9/2018, are punishable by public flogging and/or watching Dublin v Donegal 2011.

Ah you couldn't take the piss out of me for that LF win in 2002. So much "local" suffering since '95. I watched the 2011 Dublin - Kildare game in a Kildare pub on a break from work. When Brogan got "that" free, I saw Kildare people slam their fists on the bar, smash glasses and swear never to support the GAA ever again.:D Mad times and your right look at us now.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Ah you couldn't take the piss out of me for that LF win in 2002. So much "local" suffering since '95. I watched the 2011 Dublin - Kildare game in a Kildare pub on a break from work. When Brogan got "that" free, I saw Kildare people slam their fists on the bar, smash glasses and swear never to support the GAA ever again.:D Mad times and your right look at us now.

In Celbridge we're you? Imagine the reaction if you were in actual Kildare proper like...:p

I remember that 2002 game too. It was great.
    Half of Leinster won it between 95 and 2002, with Meath and Kildare being the best of them

In Celbridge we're you? Imagine the reaction if you were in actual Kildare proper like...:p

SALLINS!:eek:

• Advertisement

Sallins is in Kildare?

Imagine that now !

God, they'll be saying the likes of Bray, Leixlip & Ashbourne aren't in Dublin next.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement