Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Phill_M

He's right about the Lemon Meringue Pie. I've made a few versions of my recipe around this. On the latest version I added FA Lemon Sicily, FA Meringue and some sweetener and to be honest it just doesn't need that much added.

I've got to pick up some guava though, I've had it in a few oneshots and it's a great flavour. Any recommendations for you guys' favourite guava concentrates?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Phill_M wrote: »
    Any recommendations for you guys' favourite guava concentrates?

Capella Sweet Guava. Really gorgeous. Had some of the others which were very highly concentrated and it tasted so chemically you kind of had to hide it in other tropical flavours but Sweet Guava is outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Phill_M

grindle wrote: »
    Capella Sweet Guava. Really gorgeous. Had some of the others which were very highly concentrated and it tasted so chemically you kind of had to hide it in other tropical flavours but Sweet Guava is outstanding.

Cool I'll try that one, thanks! The others sound like they might be ok for layering or boosting other flavours, like Inawera Cactus can do, but I'll have to Google a bit to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Hiya Damon,welcome back...

Here is a simple calculator which was in Grindles link...

https://ecigvape.com/simple-e-liquid-calculator

Just change the Base Nic to 72...
    Target ... 18mg is already selected by default...
    Amount to make...your shortfill is 50ml..............just change it to 10 for your 10ml bottles...

Now hit Calculate....results are below.

Just checked out that calculater and it says 12.5 of 72 nic with amount to make 50mls,wouldnt that make the final amount 62.5 mls.I was thinking along the lines that to have a finish of 50mls in total VG,PG,18ml nic and flavouring ( i wouldnt have a clue what amount i would need to add) that i would have to take out 12.5ml from the shortfall bottle and replace it with the 12.5 nic to end up with 50ml of product that includes 18ml nic ?
    On another note doing a bit of spring cleaning i came across an old shoebox and had to have a gander,inside was 10ml,20ml and 60ml bottles of juice that i bought from bargain vape and esmoke ireland in 2013.I wasnt vaping long and finding it hard to get juice that i liked untill i tried El Toro 24mg nic,sat down on the couch and was having some real deep drags and enjoying every minute untill all of a sudden i crashed.I started to sweat like mad and got as dizzy as hell with a pain in my chest and i thought that was it :confused::confused:
    Anyway I cant see any expiry dates and some have been opened but theres a couple of 60mls that havent been,would you say that all of them or just the two unopened 60mls should be nicely mature by now and so will be a nice vape or liquid poison .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

damon5 wrote: »
    Just checked out that calculater and it says 12.5 of 72 nic with amount to make 50mls,wouldnt that make the final amount 62.5 mls.I was thinking along the lines that to have a finish of 50mls in total VG,PG,18ml nic and flavouring ( i wouldnt have a clue what amount i would need to add) that i would have to take out 12.5ml from the shortfall bottle and replace it with the 12.5 nic to end up with 50ml of product that includes 18ml nic ?
    On another note doing a bit of spring cleaning i came across an old shoebox and had to have a gander,inside was 10ml,20ml and 60ml bottles of juice that i bought from bargain vape and esmoke ireland in 2013.I wasnt vaping long and finding it hard to get juice that i liked untill i tried El Toro 24mg nic,sat down on the couch and was having some real deep drags and enjoying every minute untill all of a sudden i crashed.I started to sweat like mad and got as dizzy as hell with a pain in my chest and i thought that was it :confused::confused:
    Anyway I cant see any expiry dates and some have been opened but theres a couple of 60mls that havent been,would you say that all of them or just the two unopened 60mls should be nicely mature by now and so will be a nice vape or liquid poison .

Those shortfills are a pain if you need 18mg,no probs with 6mg for DL vaping.

If I need 18mg,I empty the shortfill into a beaker or mug & I use the whisker to mix that & Nic,better doing it this way,shaking a bottle is ok when it is already mixed,then just put 50ml back in the bottle & the rest into another small bottle.

I've vaped juice 3 years after sell by date & it was good,the opened bottles you have,I would bin,the Nic strength would be diminished but the sealed bottles should still be ok,some may lose the flavour a little,all depends on the juice,give it a vape & see...

You crashing like that,sounds like the Nic has improved:D:D:D I never liked el toro back then but I would blame the old tanks & coils for that,I'm sure I'd like it now with all the up to date tanks,somebody on another thread was looking for the el toro range,not sure if it's still available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

If you're sub ohming I'd strongly advise to dial back the nic content to 6mg when DIYing. I used to vape at 1.8-2.4 but that stuff will crash you sub-ohm, I've been that man

Those shortfills are a pain if you need 18mg,no probs with 6mg for DL vaping.

If I need 18mg,I empty the shortfill into a beaker or mug & I use the whisker to mix that & Nic,better doing it this way,shaking a bottle is ok when it is already mixed,then just put 50ml back in the bottle & the rest into another small bottle.

I've vaped juice 3 years after sell by date & it was good,the opened bottles you have,I would bin,the Nic strength would be diminished but the sealed bottles should still be ok,some may lose the flavour a little,all depends on the juice,give it a vape & see...

You crashing like that,sounds like the Nic has improved:D:D:D I never liked el toro back then but I would blame the old tanks & coils for that,I'm sure I'd like it now with all the up to date tanks,somebody on another thread was looking for the el toro range,not sure if it's still available.

Good idea using the beaker,mug and whisker for mixing instead of a shake in the 50ml bottle,how long would i need to steep that 50ml " Vape Wild on cloud custard " ?
    Will definitely dump out any opened bottles so,dont want to end up in the A&E :eek:

DoctaDee wrote: »
    If you're sub ohming I'd strongly advise to dial back the nic content to 6mg when DIYing. I used to vape at 1.8-2.4 but that stuff will crash you sub-ohm, I've been that man

At the time it was MTL and still is,will just steer clear of anything over 18ml nic so definitely no repeat performances :)

Good idea using the beaker,mug and whisker for mixing instead of a shake in the 50ml bottle,how long would i need to steep that 50ml " Vape Wild on cloud custard " ?
    Will definitely dump out any opened bottles so,dont want to end up in the A&E :eek:

Custards,Creams & Bakery flavours need at least a week,preferably 2 to 4 weeks is ideal,they just get better in time.

Fruits & Tobacco,no steeping needed.

I find that shaking a bottle for the first mix does not blend the flavour & nic too well,whereas the whisker really mixes the ingredients well,whisk for a good 4 or 5 mins.

4 or 5 mins. :eek: I,d surely end up with a liter of frothy meringue :eek:

• Advertisement

4 or 5 mins. :eek: I,d surely end up with a liter of frothy meringue :eek:

You need to make sure your nic has mixed properly...I have mine dangling down so I don't have to hold it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭slick14

Hi
    Looking for some newbie help. Vaping for a couple of months now to get of the cigs. I want to try making my own juice. But I can only find 10ml nicotine at 18mg/ml on Irish DIY websites. I want my juice to be about 14mg/ml so correct me if I'm wrong but I'd be using the whole bottle of nicotine at that rate?? May as well just vape the nicotine base :) I see on UK websites they sell the nicotine base at 72mg/ml is it legal for me to buy this and have it shipped to Ireland (shipping is more than the bottle of nic but it would still be worth it). Will it be stopped by customs? Is there anywhere it Ireland that sells the nic base at 72mg/ml? Apologies if this is a stupid question - take pity on the new vaper please. Any help on this would be really appreciated,
    Cheers,
    Slick.

slick14 wrote: »
    Hi
    Looking for some newbie help. Vaping for a couple of months now to get of the cigs. I want to try making my own juice. But I can only find 10ml nicotine at 18mg/ml on Irish DIY websites. I want my juice to be about 14mg/ml so correct me if I'm wrong but I'd be using the whole bottle of nicotine at that rate?? May as well just vape the nicotine base :) I see on UK websites they sell the nicotine base at 72mg/ml is it legal for me to buy this and have it shipped to Ireland (shipping is more than the bottle of nic but it would still be worth it). Will it be stopped by customs? Is there anywhere it Ireland that sells the nic base at 72mg/ml? Apologies if this is a stupid question - take pity on the new vaper please. Any help on this would be really appreciated,
    Cheers,
    Slick.

I read back a few pages & found these links,maybe someone can jump in here & explain the shipping options for these links.

Some of the Guys here have bought Nic 72 from here https://www.nicotineuk.co.uk/index.aspx?pageid=4340523

You can also get your Nic,PG & VG base from here https://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/shop/pg-vg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Hi
    Cheers,
    Slick.

You won't be able to purchase any 72mg nicotine here in Ireland since the introduction of the TPD unfortunately,but,you can purchase it from the UK. I use these 2 stores frequently
    https://nicotinehub.co.uk
    and
    https://www.nicotineuk.co.uk
    Use Parcel Motel for delivery here,it's faster than AddressPal and a little cheaper. Delivery cost will be approx £3/4 from UK and €3.75 upon collection here.
    Customs inspection is a chance you'll have to take but to date I haven't had an issue and I've been using them for about a year now.
    72mg nic is really your only option for mixing to a 14mg content as you will be adding approx 78ml of nic shots per 100ml of juice if using the 18mg bottles :eek: leaving you with a flavourless bottle of slightly diluted nicotine.
    If using 72mg nic you'll be adding approx 20ml's per 100ml's of juice to achieve a 14mg content.
    The 10ml bottles of 18mg nic are fine if adding to a 50ml shortfill of 0 nic juice and you only require a low nic content.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Hi
    Cheers,
    Slick.

Hi,

Buy from here and use Parcel Motel:

https://www.nicotineuk.co.uk/

iba wrote: »
    Hi,

Cheers guys for all the answers very helpful and very much appreciated.
    Should I be buying a PG base nic.? Are nic salts better? What are nic. salts?
    Also - I've signed up to Parcel Motel.
    So how does this work? The place I order from posts it to the UK address. Then they send to a Dublin Location and then they send it to the delivery location I selected?? How do I pay the Parcel Motel is it automatically paid on the credit card I registered with them?
    Again sorry for the newbie questions
    Slick.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭pillphil

So how does this work? The place I order from posts it to the UK address. Then they send to a Dublin Location and then they send it to the delivery location I selected??

Yup
    How do I pay the Parcel Motel is it automatically paid on the credit card I registered with them?

Yup. afair you need to collect it within 48 hours of it being delivered or you'll need to pay again to get it re-delivered

So how does this work? The place I order from posts it to the UK address. Then they send to a Dublin Location and then they send it to the delivery location I selected?? How do I pay the Parcel Motel is it automatically paid on the credit card I registered with them?
    Slick.

Just top up your account with card or paypal,3.85 euros for each delivery.Just buy from UK vendors that gives you free shipping to the UK if possible,PM address is N.Ireland which is UK.Some vendors don't recognize N.I. as UK,they class it as off shore...

Slick.

Forgot to answer your question about pg nic or nic salts...

Nic salts,I have never tried,somebody else can answer that...

PG Nic or VG Nic,I use both,pg gives you flavour & throat hits,vg will give you a smoother vape to the throat & also plenty of clouds...

Every mix I make is 80vg/20pg...with 72% Nic.
    If I mix for DL vaping...it will be 6mg & using vg nic to give me that smooth vape.
    If I mix for MTL vaping...it will be 18mg & using pg nic to give me more flavour & a better throat hit.

That's the way it's suppose to work,my opinion while using pg or vg nic,I find no difference between the two nics,vg nic is a pain in the butt to retrieve from the bottle because it is so thick.
    PG nic is more watery & easy to pour or to use with syringes,I bought a bottle of vg nic last year,just to try it,once that is gone,it's definitely back to pg nic.

Others may find a big difference between the two nics but I don't...then again,I only mix solo concentrates,vg nic might be needed if mixing a recipe with more than one concentrate,others may respond more about this than what I know.

Hope this helps...

iba wrote: »
    Hi,

What about everythingliquid.co.uk. They seem to be the cheapest for 72 nic. (500ml) Do you know if there's a problem ordering from them? Is royal mail or a courier service better?
    Also for VG and PG should I order them from the UK as well seems much cheaper.
    thinking of ordering from darkstar for the PG/VG - very cheap. Is there any problem with ordering PG/VG from the UK?
    Lastly what's a good site for buying flavour concentrates from?
    I've bought a load of empty bottles of Fastrek and a scales as well so I'm making some headway. Just need to decided the best site to buy nic pg/vg and flavours from. Thanks again for all the great advice.
    Slick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

What about everythingliquid.co.uk. They seem to be the cheapest for 72 nic. (500ml) Do you know if there's a problem ordering from them? Is royal mail or a courier service better?
    Also for VG and PG should I order them from the UK as well seems much cheaper.
    thinking of ordering from darkstar for the PG/VG - very cheap. Is there any problem with ordering PG/VG from the UK?
    Lastly what's a good site for buying flavour concentrates from?
    I've bought a load of empty bottles of Fastrek and a scales as well so I'm making some headway. Just need to decided the best site to buy nic pg/vg and flavours from. Thanks again for all the great advice.
    Slick

I buy my nicotine from everythingliquid. No problems at all and well priced. Darkstar are great for concentrates and the vg/pg. Shouldnt have any problems with either.

I buy my nicotine from everythingliquid. No problems at all and well priced. Darkstar are great for concentrates and the vg/pg. Shouldnt have any problems with either.

Cheers,
    So I'm thinking 500ml Nic. and 2.5L each of PG/VG - is this amount ridiculous or normal? Do you know what the shelf life is on them?
    What brand of concentrates do you get? Are the Dark-star own Brand any good?
    I was also looking at the Flavour Apprentice and Capella? Capella Silver-line are cheaper are they lets say not good? Could you recommend a couple of concentrates for my first bash at this? (I know it depends on taste but just single flavours that are not likely to go wrong and put me of). Also would it be wise for me to buy things like Sweetener and the Smooth flavour? Are there generally (or standard) flavours I should have that go into/with a lot of things like Bavarian Cream or Graham cracker V1 or V2 (whats the difference).
    Apologies probably stupid questions but I'd just like to get this as right as possible.
    Thanks for the help very much appreciated.
    Slick.

Cheers,
    So I'm thinking 500ml Nic. and 2.5L each of PG/VG - is this amount ridiculous or normal? Do you know what the shelf life is on them?
    What brand of concentrates do you get? Are the Dark-star own Brand any good?
    I was also looking at the Flavour Apprentice and Capella? Capella Silver-line are cheaper are they lets say not good? Could you recommend a couple of concentrates for my first bash at this? (I know it depends on taste but just single flavours that are not likely to go wrong and put me of). Also would it be wise for me to buy things like Sweetener and the Smooth flavour? Are there generally (or standard) flavours I should have that go into/with a lot of things like Bavarian Cream or Graham cracker V1 or V2 (whats the difference).
    Apologies probably stupid questions but I'd just like to get this as right as possible.
    Thanks for the help very much appreciated.
    Slick.

Just a suggestion but if I was you it might be a good idea to try some one shot mixes first, you'll get an idea then for mixing and the per centages to use. These have a very good selection, you just add your vg,pg and nic.

https://www.chefsflavours.co.uk/174-one-shot-concentrates

Use this calculator for your mixes as well.

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create

Just a suggestion but if I was you it might be a good idea to try some one shot mixes first, you'll get an idea then for mixing and the per centages to use. These have a very good selection, you just add your vg,pg and nic.

I was thinking of just using other peoples recipes. Now I'm even more confused there's just so much choice of flavours. Whats the deal with the one shots? They are more expensive so I assume they are different flavours all ready mixed/paired for you? I just use 10% 15% etc of the one shot in the mix instead of a single flavour concentrates?
    thanks very much for your help really appreciated
    Slick

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

I was thinking of just using other peoples recipes. Now I'm even more confused there's just so much choice of flavours. Whats the deal with the one shots? They are more expensive so I assume they are different flavours all ready mixed/paired for you? I just use 10% 15% etc of the one shot in the mix instead of a single flavour concentrates?
    Slick

Slick with the one shots you simply add your VG/PG and nic and let it seep. That's it.

If you look at say the boss shots, the breakdown is on their website. Also check out some of the YouTube videos. There's feck all work with them.

I'd also recommend brew bros in the UK. They do nice juices. They'll do you 250 ml for 15 Inc nic.

Slick

Choosing recipes from someone else is fine,you'll have to buy each individual concentrate to mix your juice and sometimes you can end up with a lot of unused concentrate if you happen to dislike a particular flavour.
    One shots come already with the pre mixed concentrate so all you do is add your VG/PG and nic.
    Either way is fine and there's nothing more satisfying than enjoying a vape with a juice you mixed yourself at a fraction of the price of store bought juice.
    I use 90% one shots simply for the convenience, I also follow a member here
    on http://e-liquid-recipes.com and I keep some of his mixes with me at all times as they are top class.

Hi

I swear this is the last question i'm asking guys.....

Whats the difference between EU and UK grade nic. & which one are people on here generally buying?

Cheers
    Slick

slick14 wrote:
    Whats the difference between EU and UK grade nic. & which one are people on here generally buying?

Ask as many questions as you like, the only difference is manufacturing costs, the quality is the same.
    When you get it just make sure it's clear.

I'm going to start with the one shots. Could you recommend a good one shot brand off cheflavours? (there's so many of them) Or are they all pretty much the same?
    Cheers
    Slick

• Advertisement

I'm going to start with the one shots. Could you recommend a good one shot brand off cheflavours? (there's so many of them) Or are they all pretty much the same?
    Cheers
    Slick

I'm getting PG/VG of darkstar - Do you know if the darkstar brand one shots are any good???

Advertisement