Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shan's Stygian Shack of Shenanigans (Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Thanks Grem. I needed the break. Still very up and down. It's a weird mood right now. Main thing is I feel like writing a short story but can't think of anything to write about.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Google first lines of stories, might give you a jump start.

Google first lines of stories, might give you a jump start.

I found this site that gives you plots and made this.
    Mangled arms have been turning up all over limerick and the inhabitants are scared. Ten murders in ten weeks, all committed with a gun, and still nobody has a clue who the hunchback killer is.

Detective Mike Miller is a tall and muscular lawyer with a fondness for cats. He doesn't know it yet but he is the only one who can stop the dirty killer.

When his wife, Carolina Fisher, is kidnapped, Detective Miller finds himself thrown into the centre of the investigation. His only clue is a polished piano.

He enlists the help of a handsome painter called Jack Shizzle.

Can Shizzle help Miller overcome his chocolate addiction and find the answers before the creepy killer and his deadly gun strike again?
    I'll try write something short for this.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hah hee that's class.

I'll probably change out the lawyer stuff and a bit more but should be fun. Haven't written for a long time.

• Advertisement

Of course, the freedom to mess about.

Indeed.

Might try get a few hours next month to have a go myself..

I like doing it. Used to be really good but struggling to get back into it now.

It's ok to warm up though, i'll need a whole pile of wd40 for all my rust :pac:

• Advertisement

That's it. This will just be a pile of ****e but it'll be nice to have something done.

Exactly, nail on head.. Few practice runs..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Shpud2 wrote: »
    I like doing it. Used to be really good but struggling to get back into it now.

I always find it hard to get back into as well, I used to be pretty good when I was younger but since I got out of the habit it's so hard to get back into

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I always find it hard to get back into as well, I used to be pretty good when I was younger but since I got out of the habit it's so hard to get back into
    Yeah I'm sorta stuck here. How's the back today?

Heyo Kitty, how are you feeling?

Evening folks, how's tricks?

Not too bad, I think a bit improved. Still have to be careful bending and things like that, sudden movements cause pain at the moment :(

Take it easy Kitty

It's feckin slow to recover Kitty, mind yourself..

Take it easy Kitty

Ah I will, don't worry about that :pac:
    It's feckin slow to recover Kitty, mind yourself..

As long as I don't do anymore damage to it I should be fine :p

How long till you go on Erasmus Kitty?

• Advertisement

I give up
    Bad story wrote:
    Early one Tuesday morning. Mike Miller, A Garda detective with over 20 years on the force, is having breakfast at his inner-city home. Scrambled eggs and toast as per usual. It was made by his wife Carolina. The two of them met as teens at a disco and after a few years of being on and off dating have been happily married for the best part of 15 years. They have two dogs together, a pair of huskies named Charles and Xavier. Mike finishes his breakfast and kisses his wife goodbye before heading out the door on his way to work.
    He arrives into Henry Street Garda station to be confronted by his Sergeant. He asks Mike for progress on the case he is assigned to, that of the worst serial killer Limerick has ever seen which hasn’t got a catchy nickname unfortunately it’s all over national media. People are being murdered all over the city. They are shot and their arms are cut off before being hung above where the body is buried in a shallow grave.
    The case was given to Detective Miller because he is so decorated and has a reputation for being very throughout in his work. Although Mike, Magic Mike to his friends, did have a fun side. And a drinking problem which has led fights between himself and Carolina. She gave him an ultimatum. If he came home drunk again she would leave him.
    Anyway back to the station. Mike looks over the evidence they’ve got. Pictures of the bodies and grainy CCTV of a hunchback man shooting one of the victims outside Dunnes Stores. He leans back in his chair. 10 murders in as many weeks and he couldn’t solve them. He spends the rest of the days chasing dead leads and getting nowhere.
    Returning home he finds the door slightly ajar. He calls out for Carolina but gets no reply. He walks into the kitchen and sees a polished grand piano and thinks to himself “WTF how did this fit in the door?”. There is a note on the piano which reads: “Play Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody” so he does just that. Upon completion of the song a door opens up on the bottom of the piano and out drops a finger. It is Carolina’s. He can tell by the wedding ring on it. Immediately a huge police presence sweeps the neighbourhood. Mike canvasses all the houses. He is dismayed to learn that none of the neighbours saw anything and the only good information he got was from his next door neighbour who said he heard people shouting “PIVOT” for about half an hour. A CCTV check of the cameras at Mike’s house give a clear facial image and its actually a friend of Mike’s called Tom Tyger. Police storm Tyger’s apartment but he isn’t there. Mike starts comfort eating a Dairy Milk bar but not just a normal one. It was one of the sharing ones. A man painting a building across the way sees this sad sack of disappointment and goes over. He tells Mike that his name is Jack Shizzle and that he saw nothing and Carolina was never seen from ever again.

Ahh. Clean office.. Why i've done that today is beyond me, oh well..

Ahh. Clean office.. Why i've done that today is beyond me, oh well..

I really need to clean my room. But effort so I haven't.

I really need to clean my room. But effort so I haven't.

I like the story. You're having no problem getting back into the swing of it..

I like the story. You're having no problem getting back into the swing of it..

Thanks Grem. You think so? I literally gave up halfway through.

Yeah i do, well done lad.

Cheers Grem. Might try again tomorrow.

Exactly, slowly does it..

Maybe a different genre

• Advertisement

Anything at all. Do you go to the creative writing forum at all?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement