Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shan's Stygian Shack of Shenanigans (Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭taytobreath

1st year i was grand, but i started slipping in 2nd year and 3rd year was my worst for not turning up for lectures. Ive my final year now in sept and i cant wait to get stuck in and get this degree over with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

1st year i was grand, but i started slipping in 2nd year and 3rd year was my worst for not turning up for lectures. Ive my final year now in sept and i cant wait to get stuck in and get this degree over with

What you studying taytobreath?

a degree, sorry if i said that on here ill be recognised, its a course thats not a popular one.

a degree, sorry if i said that on here ill be recognised, its a course thats not a popular one.

Fair enough. Best of luck with it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Yeah the summer went pretty fast although on the quiet days you'd be wanting school back quicker.
    I get what you mean about the pressure of the leaving. I used to be pretty bad with worrying about it but now I'm just okay with whatever. It will be a huge ask for me to get the points i need so I'm not too worried if i fail if that makes sense.
    I love UL and I'm set on going there no matter what happens

I would recommend looking into the HEAR and DARE schemes if possible, one is for people from less well off backgrounds (not sure if this applies to you or not) and the other one is for people with disabilities or health issues (mental health included) and they offer reduced points places to college, which is how I got in. You may have heard of these before, but I just said I'd let you know about them just in case :)

• Advertisement

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I would recommend looking into the HEAR and DARE schemes if possible, one is for people from less well off backgrounds (not sure if this applies to you or not) and the other one is for people with disabilities or health issues (mental health included) and they offer reduced points places to college, which is how I got in. You may have heard of these before, but I just said I'd let you know about them just in case :)

I don't know about the not well off one as whilst my family is not rich we aren't that bad either of you know what I mean. I have got a fairly serious disability though so maybe I could look into that. I never like to admit that I need help though :o

I don't know about the not well off one as whilst my family is not rich we aren't that bad either of you know what I mean. I have got a fairly serious disability though so maybe I could look into that. I never like to admit that I need help though :o

I getcha, but there's no harm in looking into the DARE scheme. They're very discreet, no one will ever know if you get into college that way unless you tell them yourself. They work in whatever way they can to assist you, like if you need extra time in exams like I do, or things like that, I suppose each case is different.

I getcha, but there's no harm in looking into the DARE scheme. They're very discreet, no one will ever know if you get into college that way unless you tell them yourself. They work in whatever way they can to assist you, like if you need extra time in exams like I do, or things like that, I suppose each case is different.

Yeah I'll look into it. I think I'd be about 20 points short and i know thats a big ask but that might help a bit i suppose. As you say no harm in looking into it

A guy in my year gets an extra 15 mins per exam because he has dyslexia.

I can get the same. I do my exams on a computer with the dyslexic people and we get up to an extra half an hour in some exams.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'll look into it. I think I'd be about 20 points short and i know thats a big ask but that might help a bit i suppose. As you say no harm in looking into it

I think I was 70 points short of what my course was and I got in that way.

It's very handy, I think I get a half an hour extra per exam

I think I was 70 points short of what my course was and I got in that way.

It's very handy, I think I get a half an hour extra per exam
    Oh wow that is a lot. Could be really useful for me so. The course I want is 487 and i know i can get around 460 but that could really help. I'll defienetly ask the guidance counsellor about it

Oh wow that is a lot. Could be really useful for me so. The course I want is 487 and i know i can get around 460 but that could really help. I'll defienetly ask the guidance counsellor about it

I think they say they can offer up to 50 extra points, but mine was an arts degree so perhaps there was a bit more leeway because of that. You should be able to get the extra if you need them :)

I think they say they can offer up to 50 extra points, but mine was an arts degree so perhaps there was a bit more leeway because of that. You should be able to get the extra if you need them :)

Yeah there could be a difference between arts and engineering alright. Although i feel hopeful now :)

Yeah there could be a difference between arts and engineering alright. Although i feel hopeful now :)

I'm glad to hear that, best of luck with it all :)

I'm glad to hear that, best of luck with it all :)

Cheers Kitty :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

How are you guys doing?

Pretty good. Body isn't the best but I'm happy with how work is and my photos being spread so if I can limp through the next few hours I'll be happy.

How about you Grem?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Good stuff Shpud :) I'm grand, though my laptop probably has to go to the shop, went from three adjacent keys not working to a weird spread of them not working.

Oh that sucks Grem. Will it be a big loss without it?

• Advertisement

It kinda sucks but nothing I can do about it.. Lifted a few keys and it's not debris so to the shop it goes..

Noc Noc!! :D

That's a shame. At least it will be good as new when you get it back

Hiya Perse.

Shpud I hope so because I can't afford any expensive fix :(

Perse! Long time no see round these parts

Hiya Perse.

Shpud I hope so because I can't afford any expensive fix :(

Yeah i get ya. I'm still saving to buy a laptop so I don't think I'll have it for the start of school

How are all?

Grem you having laptop trouble?

How are all?

Happy out. Working (;)) on a bit of a lazy day.

How are you guys doing?

Good today Grem, how about yourself? Sorry to hear about the laptop :(

Hey Perse :)

• Advertisement

You two are the new generation of Nocs. Grem and I shall be your mammies :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement