Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Bit of a glitch in the matrix moment today, driving along a stretch of road and I see a guy decide to run across the road, nothing unusual but I randomly picked up on his clothes and hood up etc, 5 seconds later at a set of lights the same lad is waiting to cross back over the way he came! I was driving 80kmh a hour there's no way he ran fast enough to get there ahead of me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Bit of a glitch in the matrix moment today, driving along a stretch of road and I see a guy decide to run across the road, nothing unusual but I randomly picked up on his clothes and hood up etc, 5 seconds later at a set of lights the same lad is waiting to cross back over the way he came! I was driving 80kmh a hour there's no way he ran fast enough to get there ahead of me!
    The road runner twins out having the crack again .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

this is creepy in a good way: every time I visited Aillwee cave, the lights were turned off at the end of the tour, to show what the cave is like in pitch darkness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

branie2 wrote: »
    this is creepy in a good way: every time I visited Aillwee cave, the lights were turned off at the end of the tour, to show what the cave is like in pitch darkness.

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

I did that tour and when the lights went out there was just nothingness, total absence of light... apart from a weird glow that seemed to be appearing near our feet.

The glow seemed to be pulsing a bit which was unexpected and a bit freaky, until I realised that it was just my young fella's runners with the lighty-up heels that were popular a few years back, and *not* a glowing hellspawn from the depths of the earth come to eat our mortal souls, which, in many respects, was a relief.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Were you not terribly triggered . I suppose they had to give you a good warning ...To be expected in this case .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Mailcoachinn

I was at a raffle a while back and the people who ran it, actually won it. Weird...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

I put my runners out on the windowsill of my bedroom this evening cos they were a bit stinky.

A magpie flew down and started pecking at them. Pecking away for ages, I'm guessing to try get fluff for his nest. Then he saw me lying on the bed and was just staring at me for ages. Bobbing his head around to get a better look at me.So creepy.

I shouted at him to go away but he held tough! Brave little fella. Dark dark glass eyes looking right into my soul!

Then

I log on to boards this evening and on the first page of after hours there's a thread titled "magpies " !!!

The magpie brings us tidings
    of news both fair and foul
    she's more cunning than the raven
    more wise than any owl
    for she brings us news of the harvest
    of the barley, wheat and corn
    and she knows when we'll go to our graves
    and how we shall be born

one's for sorrow
    two's for joy
    three's for a girl and
    four's for a boy
    five's for silver
    six for gold
    seven's for a secret never told

devil devil i defy thee

What other bird has something like that written about them... I’d be afraid if I were you...VERY..afraid..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

1 magpie on windowsill
    +
    1 magpie thread on boards

=

2 for joy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Talk about a thread taking a nose dive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I was at the pub the other night, one of the locals was telling a story, I thought of this thread>

He was on his outfarm cleaning out one of the outhouses when he saw a neighbouring old woman walking up and down the boreen outside of the farmyard screaming and shoutung flailing her hands wildly and gesturing at him, he couldn't make out words just screeching noises he said. This went on for 10 minutes he said, it frightened him badly because this woman, who was known to him, had died two years ago.

Mind you, he was on his fifth chaser when he was telling the yarn.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

This was just weird but when I was around 13, every Friday after school for a while, my friend and I would get the bus and go to her sisters. We always sat upstairs at the long back seat and left the space between us so that each of us sat beside a window. The time we got the bus meant that it wasn't that busy so rarely any passengers came upstairs.

This day, a couple of stops later a man got on. He was very skinny, gaunt and he looked like he hadn't slept for years. His eyes were spaced but I didn't think he was on drugs or anything and he stared straight at you. It was like he didn't blink when he looked at you or something and he looked twitchy, agitated. Of all the empty seats upstairs, he chose to sit in the backseat right inbetween my friend and I. I just got a weird feeling and I looked over across him to my friend and she looked at me worried. He saw this. He turned his head and looked at my friend, then at me and then down at his crotch and he jumped up out of the seat and moved to a seat in front of us but kept turning around. My friend and I just sat and said nothing for the whole journey but we were ****ting ourselfs. I can't remember if our stop was before his or any of the rest of what happened that time.

Anyway when I was around 16, I was getting the bus home after some shopping. Sat upstairs in the back seat. Saw a lad from school who was about 2 years younger than me. He sat near my seat but I didn't know him to talk to. That was grand until that bloke ended up getting on the bus again and I recognized him straight away. He sat about two seats in front of me but he kept turning around and blatantly staring at me. I just had a really bad feeling. I decided to make conversation with the lad from school and when the bloke wasn't looking, I gestured to the school lad like "watch your man, wtf?" We just kept talking about school and stayed calm.

When the man went to get off at his stop, he had to face us when going down the stairs on the bus and he glared with this intense but emotionless expression right at me the whole time until his head disappeared from our view. He didn't even
    look down at the steps which you would naturally do going down a winding stairs on a moving bus. The lad and I gave a sigh of relief when he went and I said something like "you saw that too right?'

When the bus stopped, the school fella and I looked out the window to make sure the guy got off the bus. As the bus was moving away, we saw him walking on the path and he stared up at us with that same look and never took his eyes away until the bus went on.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining it as scary as it was but it was strange. I don't know if there was something wrong or what but he scared the life out of me and Id never forget his face!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Lorelli! wrote: »
    This was just weird but when I was around 13, every Friday after school for a while, my friend and I would get the bus and go to her sisters. We always sat upstairs at the long back seat and left the space between us so that each of us sat beside a window. The time we got the bus meant that it wasn't that busy so rarely any passengers came upstairs.

This day, a couple of stops later a man got on. He was very skinny, gaunt and he looked like he hadn't slept for years. His eyes were spaced but I didn't think he was on drugs or anything and he stared straight at you. It was like he didn't blink when he looked at you or something and he looked twitchy, agitated. Of all the empty seats upstairs, he chose to sit in the backseat right inbetween my friend and I. I just got a weird feeling and I looked over across him to my friend and she looked at me worried. He saw this. He turned his head and looked at my friend, then at me and then down at his crotch and he jumped up out of the seat and moved to a seat in front of us but kept turning around. My friend and I just sat and said nothing for the whole journey but we were ****ting ourselfs. I can't remember if our stop was before his or any of the rest of what happened that time.

Anyway when I was around 16, I was getting the bus home after some shopping. Sat upstairs in the back seat. Saw a lad from school who was about 2 years younger than me. He sat near my seat but I didn't know him to talk to. That was grand until that bloke ended up getting on the bus again and I recognized him straight away. He sat about two seats in front of me but he kept turning around and blatantly staring at me. I just had a really bad feeling. I decided to make conversation with the lad from school and when the bloke wasn't looking, I gestured to the school lad like "watch your man, wtf?" We just kept talking about school and stayed calm.

When the man went to get off at his stop, he had to face us when going down the stairs on the bus and he glared with this intense but emotionless expression right at me the whole time until his head disappeared from our view. He didn't even
    look down at the steps which you would naturally do going down a winding stairs on a moving bus. The lad and I gave a sigh of relief when he went and I said something like "you saw that too right?'

When the bus stopped, the school fella and I looked out the window to make sure the guy got off the bus. As the bus was moving away, we saw him walking on the path and he stared up at us with that same look and never took his eyes away until the bus went on.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining it as scary as it was but it was strange. I don't know if there was something wrong or what but he scared the life out of me and Id never forget his face!

If you ever get a chance check out on you tube the tales of the unexpected. Search for the fly trap. Yours sounds very much like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

timthumbni wrote: »
    If you ever get a chance check out on you tube the tales of the unexpected. Search for the fly trap. Yours sounds very much like that.

No I will not be looking up that!! :/:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Talk about a thread taking a nose dive

I took my last few posts off as the "mockers" started in on them.. I have them stored but very reluctant to post here again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Graces7 wrote: »
    I took my last few posts off as the "mockers" started in on them.. I have them stored but very reluctant to post here again.

Did you mean to post the cat one in a different thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Lorelli! wrote: »
    This was just weird but when I was around 13

Guy sounds like a pedo junkie

Patww79 wrote: »
    Did you mean to post the cat one in a different thread?

ah you saw it! No I copied it to email... do you think t fits here though? When we speak of the supernatural why do we confine it to the scary and dark? What I wrote in that post was supernatural but LIGHT..

and I have others like that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Isn't this thread more about creepy and unnerving than supernatural though?

jiltloop wrote: »

can you separate the 2 elements? creepy and unnerving is in the eye and mind of the beholder. creepy and unnerving IS supernatural. beyond the natural. what scares some is fine for others.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I welcome the supernatural posts.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"Creepy and unnerving" is "dark", both supernatural and not. There's nothing "light" about "creepy and unnerving".

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I think it can cover both. What some one considers supernatural would be creepy and what someone considers to be creepy someone could interpret it as supernatural.

Loughc wrote: »
    I think it can cover both. What some one considers supernatural would be creepy and what someone considers to be creepy someone could interpret it as supernatural.

well expressed. and we are each different. Like where we live.. many would be freaked out living on a tiny island, whereas it is the dimension I am happy and at ease in.

Many of the posts I have put on have depended on the reader for their effect . some see them as dark others love them.

they are all supernatural in the sense that they are beyond the norm we see as natural.

small example. a true one.

I hired a water diviner years ago ( he taught me how to do it and with a wire coat hanger)

He told me he used to be a terrible drinker; his father worrried himself sick about that
    One night he was driving and suddenly in the road in front of him saw his own tombstone.
    Never drank again.

is that creepy, dark? Certainly supernatural

there will be as many answers to that as there are folk reading this.

Fair enough, personally I think the thread has somewhat lost it's appeal with the move away from creepy and unnerving but obviously that's the way it is developing organically and so is the will of other people who have been enjoying the thread.

I'm happy for the thread to go whatever direction the general consensus dictates, just wanted to contribute my opinion for what it's worth.

Fair enough, personally I think the thread has somewhat lost it's appeal with the move away from creepy and unnerving but obviously that's the way it is developing organically and so is the will of other people who have been enjoying the thread.

I'm happy for the thread to go whatever direction the general consensus dictates, just wanted to contribute my opinion for what it's worth.

ah you want to be SCARED :rolleyes:

can you separate the 2 elements? creepy and unnerving is in the eye and mind of the beholder. creepy and unnerving IS supernatural. beyond the natural. what scares some is fine for others.

I was more referring to your "supernatural but LIGHT" comment. I think the presence of the word light in the context of supernatural means that this does not fit in with the original "creepy and unnerving" which was the initial point of the thread.

ah you want to be SCARED :rolleyes:

Or unnerved, intrigued etc but yes that was the original draw for me. However as I said, I'm only one person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

This is creepy I **** myself if something like this was real, imagine driving down a dark country road and you see this thing on the road. The sound is muffled because I think he's wearing a bike helmet?

• Advertisement

I was more referring to your "supernatural but LIGHT" comment. I think the presence of the word light in the context of supernatural means that this does not fit in with the original "creepy and unnerving" which was the initial point of the thread.

ah I meant spiritual LIGHT no tlight as in trivial. sorry.

there is huge depth in the supernatural

creepy is in the beholder.. nothing I have posted actually fits then. I am never creeped out or unnerved. OK I withdraw then? I do not belive in creepy or unnerving as such as they are of darkness but in the supernatural, that third dimension.

Advertisement