Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I stopped reading after "reputable spiritual authorities" ... :rolleyes:

Yes, I wondered who/what exactly they were alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Omitted that as far as I am concerned, this subject is closed, and have added the naysayers to my ignore list for my peace... so nothing since my previous post will be seen.

Blessings and peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

Graces7 wrote: »
    Omitted that as far as I am concerned, this subject is closed, and have added the naysayers to my ignore list for my peace... so nothing since my previous post will be seen.

Blessings and peace

I have added you to mine as your posts are lies

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I stopped reading after "reputable spiritual authorities" ... :rolleyes:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I enjoy reading the stories but lets be honest its tricks of the mind ,
    There is no such thing as the super natural or ghost or ghouls, I wonder why humans are afraid of spirits and ghosts  where the whole thing began,
     Imagine looking out the window at your dog and he's running around scared of things that aren't there,  
    I myself love the stories so keep them coming  ( again not saying people are lying more so that the mind makes us see and believe things that are not there,)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

There is no such thing as the super natural or ghost or ghouls, I wonder why humans are afraid of spirits and ghosts  where the whole thing began,
     Imagine looking out the window at your dog and he's running around scared of things that aren't there,  
    I myself love the stories so keep them coming  ( again not saying people are lying more so that the mind makes us see and believe things that are not there,)

How do you know though....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

How do you know though....
    How do you know the Gremlins ,Batman and the Terminator aren't real ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I enjoy reading the stories but lets be honest its tricks of the mind , There is no such thing as the super natural or ghost or ghouls, I wonder why humans are afraid of spirits and ghosts where the whole thing began, Imagine looking out the window at your dog and he's running around scared of things that aren't there, I myself love the stories so keep them coming ( again not saying people are lying more so that the mind makes us see and believe things that are not there,)

Given our knowledge on the likes of dark matter, the only thing we know for sure is that we don't know everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Graces7 wrote: »

Blessings and peace

That just screams guilty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

I didn't see anything offensive re Graces 7's post.
    Some questions were asked is all.
    No need to get worked up over it Grace so chill out.
    I respect other folks views on the subject of 'ghosts' etc.
    All I know is what I witnessed for myself over the years and I'm as down to earth as the next person.
    Not everything can be logically explained.

• Advertisement

DanMurphy wrote: »
    I didn't see anything offensive re Graces 7's post.
    Some questions were asked is all.
    No need to get worked up over it Grace so chill out.
    I respect other folks views on the subject of 'ghosts' etc.
    All I know is what I witnessed for myself over the years and I'm as down to earth as the next person.
    Not everything can be logically explained.

Nobody was offended by her post she was offended by our replies:pac:

Nobody was offended by her post she was offended by our replies:pac:

Okay, so I slipped up...:D

Okay, so I slipped up...:D

Spooky :eek::D

I wonder if dead pixels have ghosts?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭aluminium

Just going through boards at the moment and came across this thread. Going back to the original posters question,
    I ask the question, Does your fatherinlaw putting his hand on your thigh, come under this category?

Well Ghosts need devices too.....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭oceanman

dogs often do exactly just that..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Hey Grace7,

keep posting.

Also, I've found that sometimes banter doesn't translate well over the internet, so I often allow for that. I have in the past had some of my posts em, challenged, shall we say (I was going to say ridiculed, but I think that would be me being too precious altogether). I used to respond, but but learned to let such posts just pass me by.
    Also, I wouldn't bother going to the trouble of putting the block or ignore switch on other posters. They might say something nice to me and I'd never know.

So, come back in, switch of the ignores and enjoy the banter!

And, have a nice day.

In order to remain on topic, you can describe my post as something creepy or unnerving :eek::eek::eek:

:)

Hey Grace7,

keep posting.

Also, I've found that sometimes banter doesn't translate well over the internet, so I often allow for that. I have in the past had some of my posts em, challenged, shall we say (I was going to say ridiculed, but I think that would be me being too precious altogether). I used to respond, but but learned to let such posts just pass me by.
    Also, I wouldn't bother going to the trouble of putting the block or ignore switch on other posters. They might say something nice to me and I'd never know.

And, have a nice day.

In order to remain on topic, you can describe my post as something creepy or unnerving :eek::eek::eek:

What a precious post you handsome divil ye :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

aluminium wrote: »
    Just going through boards at the moment and came across this thread. Going back to the original posters question,
    I ask the question, Does your fatherinlaw putting his hand on your thigh, come under this category?

only if you found it creepy or unnerving :pac::pac:

Although, in all seriousness, it is creepy, but not in the way we like, so probably not on topic....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Hey Grace7,

keep posting.

And, have a nice day.

I'm right and you're wrong but I don't want to talk about it any more.

Breeze, peace, dawn, creatures, wind, frolic, peace...etc

Tired now, bowing out. But remember I'm rigth because I'm bowing out. Over and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'm extremely creeped out with all the posts lately......

Is it silly season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

In the deepest Midlands!

Are in Monaghan by any chance?

A group of 6 of us once stayed in a B&B in Monaghan, really old farmhouse.
    didn't sleep a wink felt really uncomfortable, like the room was suffocating and we were watched.

The next morning the owner gave us a tour and told us that a child fell out the window and died. The childminder was really upset and killed herself.

Also told us that when they were dong renovations they found bones in the wall and had to get the gardai down. Someone had been bricked up behind the wall and there was constant wailing and banging in that room.

Also told us that her two daughters slept in the first room and one was sick with a cold when they were teenagers (they must be 40 now.) one turned to the other and said thanks for tissues and facing my sheets last night. The other sister said no, she hadn't even woken once.
    They reckon it was the ghost of the childminder that killed herself.

I'm glad we only got those stories when leaving, wouldn't have stayed there had I known all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭aluminium

only if you found it creepy or unnerving :pac::pac:

Although, in all seriousness, it is creepy, but not in the way we like, so probably not on topic....

Thanks for clarifying pac:

Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

They do, they're called Pixies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Given our knowledge on the likes of dark matter, the only thing we know for sure is that we don't know everything.
    Try this for some unusual thinking ,

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Donald+Hoffman

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Of course it can't be real. Common sense tells you it can't be. But some posts would make you wonder what people are seeing. Dan Muphrys posts are very creepy!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They do, and they're known to cause the "Blue Screen of Death". :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Graces7 wrote:
    Interesting nit picking! On an island 6 miles by 2, everyone has a car. or a tractor. As here on even smaller islands...

Very true. Island here in Ireland that are 2 miles by 2 miles have cars, vans and tractors. They're feckin hilly!

Graces7 wrote:
    and yes we checked in at the airstrip. They needed to know we were actually there not tucked up abed.

I can verify that this happens in tiny island airstrips in Ireland too. They feckin weigh you too. And your luggage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

This thread died a while back, time to bury it.

Advertisement