Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just in after a looong walk as I needed air after the last posts...

Circular road we have here....and I made diversions... Not a soul in sight of course.. tramping determinedly along, the dog off way ahead.... no one worries re leads here.. I carry hers.

Several of the houses are empty; but folk will maybe come in in summer. So I was not surprised to see someone outside one house, a bit back from the road, then she?he? went inside.

Then I see a large man walking towards me, a neighbour, so we stand there in the breezy sun with the island beauty all around us and chat! Met him a couple of times, and what a fascinating life he has led!

So I ask him who lives in the house just near.He tells me, then when I say I saw someone there tells me it is empty... The oddest thing is that he is not surprised I saw someone who is not there...

Ah well!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Graces7 wrote: »

So I ask him who lives in the house just near.He tells me, then when I say I saw someone there tells me it is empty... The oddest thing is that he is not surprised I saw someone who is not there...

Ah well!

:eek:

*hides under the bed covers*

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

:eek:

*hides under the bed covers*

Seph it was only me ;) no need to be afraid :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Just in after a looong walk as I needed air after the last posts...

Circular road we have here....and I made diversions... Not a soul in sight of course.. tramping determinedly along, the dog off way ahead.... no one worries re leads here.. I carry hers.

Several of the houses are empty; but folk will maybe come in in summer. So I was not surprised to see someone outside one house, a bit back from the road, then she?he? went inside.

Then I see a large man walking towards me, a neighbour, so we stand there in the breezy sun with the island beauty all around us and chat! Met him a couple of times, and what a fascinating life he has led!

Ah well!
    Maybe he thinks you are a header .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

this is an interesting thread.
    my story is a little x files terrority less ghoulish lol.
    I was about 13 i would say. my sister was away for the weekend my brother was working in London.
    it was a Sunday evening my dad and mam used go country dancing so they would not be back untill 1 or 2.
    my sloth like other brother was asleep in another room...
    about 11 30pm my room was filled with light a massive blue light it was like a light switch.
    I was sort of frozen with fear but I got up eventually and went out the back outside blinding light like floodlights there was some object though moving about horizon at crazy speeds.
    I lived near an airport so I knew every type of light this was nothing ever like this.
    at this stage I decided i was defo scared lol.
    ran to house went to parents room still there blue light etc.
    ran into my brothers room he can sleep like hodor the fecker spent 10 minutes waking him up.
    I ran back whatever it was still there zig zagging
    brother got up too late it was gone.
    scared and raging I had no other witness.
    so a week later a good friend waiting for bus for school.
    she said weirdly how was i sleeping I said Sunday not so good. she said same... silence I said I saw this weird blue light and object. she says exact same. what time i said 1130 roughly she said. she detailed on bus journey to school exact same as I saw she was about 7 doors down from house.
    finally forgot about it about a year later my sloth like brother was joking me about it.
    my parents went ashen and said they saw the exact same thing the first year they moved into the house....
    never ever saw the likes again no idea to this day..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

this is an interesting thread.
    my story is a little x files terrority less ghoulish lol.
    I was about 13 i would say. my sister was away for the weekend my brother was working in London.
    it was a Sunday evening my dad and mam used go country dancing so they would not be back untill 1 or 2.
    my sloth like other brother was asleep in another room...
    about 11 30pm my room was filled with light a massive blue light it was like a light switch.
    I was sort of frozen with fear but I got up eventually and went out the back outside blinding light like floodlights there was some object though moving about horizon at crazy speeds.
    I lived near an airport so I knew every type of light this was nothing ever like this.
    at this stage I decided i was defo scared lol.
    ran to house went to parents room still there blue light etc.
    ran into my brothers room he can sleep like hodor the fecker spent 10 minutes waking him up.
    I ran back whatever it was still there zig zagging
    brother got up too late it was gone.
    scared and raging I had no other witness.
    so a week later a good friend waiting for bus for school.
    she said weirdly how was i sleeping I said Sunday not so good. she said same... silence I said I saw this weird blue light and object. she says exact same. what time i said 1130 roughly she said. she detailed on bus journey to school exact same as I saw she was about 7 doors down from house.
    finally forgot about it about a year later my sloth like brother was joking me about it.
    my parents went ashen and said they saw the exact same thing the first year they moved into the house....
    never ever saw the likes again no idea to this day..

I wonder did you see Ball Lightning?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning

Weird one.

Went to the shore today then wandered a while. Small island so no fear of getting lost but when I was walking through overgrown fields, orientated myself,

This dwelling complex was where it really is but there was a huge conifer tree behind it towering over it

I checked the location/house visually again and again.Yep, my place... nope,I have no tree here..no tree and none at this windswept end at all. But there it was, green and tall.

Going to have to go out again to check.

If it has now vanished, I quit!

Lovely tall, triangular conifer it was too.. HAS to be some explanation.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Bring a camera with you next time, Graces.

New Home wrote: »
    Bring a camera with you next time, Graces.

I had the cellphone in my bag.Just did not think; thanks,,, Just was so puzzled.. Had I maybe not noticed there was a dirty great TREE by the house! Made sure when I came home and then DRAT! NOT AGAIN! lol!

This island has a weird history though. I came across an overgrown boreen and wonder why it went out of use as it is a short cut as against the real road,,, then saw an old ruin and two great gateposts ... shivers..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

This ones more of a strange coincidence.

A couple of years ago the tyres on my bicycle needed to be changed they were really worn so I bring it to the local bike shop to get 2 new ones.

I start talking to the bloke who was fitting them talking about bike related things he tells me he builds bikes and be doing it for years nice bloke.

The next day I’m flying to work on the bike up ahead the traffic starts to build I go to hit the brakes and out of nowhere a woman walks in front of me the bike go’s into a bad skid I’m thinking this is going to really hurt her but I mange to stop the bike millimetres from her long story short it was the bloke who fitted the new tyres wife he was walking behind her. No way would I have stopped in time with the old tyres.

Marty Bird wrote: »
    This ones more of a strange coincidence.

A couple of years ago the tyres on my bicycle needed to be changed they were really worn so I bring it to the local bike shop to get 2 new ones.

I start talking to the bloke who was fitting them talking about bike related things he tells me he builds bikes and be doing it for years nice bloke.

The next day I’m flying to work on the bike up ahead the traffic starts to build I go to hit the brakes and out of nowhere a woman walks in front of me the bike go’s into a bad skid I’m thinking this is going to really hurt her but I mange to stop the bike millimetres from her long story short it was the bloke who fitted the new tyres wife he was walking behind her. No way would I have stopped in time with the old tyres.
    He uses the wife to test his work all the time !

That man has standards .

Was talking re all this with a wiser person than I am. As she says, events etc leave echos and that is what I "catch". Such a deeply peaceful silent place that there is little to distract so the memories live on.

I will email the library to see what history there is. I know the old ruining house attached to this dwelling is 150 years old.

That boreen and the ruins fascinate!

Was talking to a wiser person than I will ever be; events and people leave echoes especially in a place like this .. the old ruinous house alongside this dwelling is over 150 years old.. Going to also check on OSI and see what the library archives have too..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Seeing that there's no comments in any forum for 1hour..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Well Graces7, looks like you broke boards.ie - yours is the last post showing as 07:40 this morning - it's 10:55 now!

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Well Graces7, looks like you broke boards.ie - yours is the last post showing as 07:40 this morning - it's 10:55 now!

roflol! So sorry!! It kept coming and going for a while!

I had the cellphone in my bag.Just did not think; thanks,,, Just was so puzzled.. Had I maybe not noticed there was a dirty great TREE by the house! Made sure when I came home and then DRAT! NOT AGAIN! lol!

This island has a weird history though. I came across an overgrown boreen and wonder why it went out of use as it is a short cut as against the real road,,, then saw an old ruin and two great gateposts ... shivers..

NB I may have an explanation for this. But cannot get back all the way to make sure as am too ....zombied with this illness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

The magic disappearing tree has to be up there with one of the greatest unsolved mysteries going. Riveting stuff.

The magic disappearing tree has to be up there with one of the greatest unsolved mysteries going. Riveting stuff.

Ah so sorry! But until this extreme weather stops I cannot get to where I need
    to be for this; cannot be anywhere actually :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Waked through a graveyard once, picked what I believed was a stick, it was a rib.
    Gave it to my dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Waked through a graveyard once, picked what I believed was a stick, it was a rib.
    Gave it to my dog.

As they say, give a dog a bone

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I wonder did you see Ball Lightning?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning
    I saw ball lightning once. I was about 14/15 going up to my school for Scouts, as that was where my local troop were based. Anyway winter evening, I'm walking with another chap in said scouts and we see this ball of light off to our right in the field beside the school driveway. Very intense blue white, about the size of a beachball I'd reckon. Just hovering about 200 feet in old money from us and about six feet above the ground. No noise. Oddly I don't remember it appearing, it just was suddenly there. We stopped and looked at it of course and then it started to move towards the school building and we matched its path, it then sped forward at a good speed(it had been walking pace before) and then popped like a bubble. No noise I can remember, but there was a smell of seaweed of all things. Salty sea air, or Iodine?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NCS

Wibbs wrote: »
    I saw ball lightning once. I was about 14/15 going up to my school for Scouts, as that was where my local troop were based. Anyway winter evening, I'm walking with another chap in said scouts and we see this ball of light off to our right in the field beside the school driveway. Very intense blue white, about the size of a beachball I'd reckon. Just hovering about 200 feet in old money from us and about six feet above the ground. No noise. Oddly I don't remember it appearing, it just was suddenly there. We stopped and looked at it of course and then it started to move towards the school building and we matched its path, it then sped forward at a good speed(it had been walking pace before) and then popped like a bubble. No noise I can remember, but there was a smell of seaweed of all things. Salty sea air, or Iodine?

Ozone more than likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I put my runners out on the windowsill of my bedroom this evening cos they were a bit stinky.

A magpie flew down and started pecking at them. Pecking away for ages, I'm guessing to try get fluff for his nest. Then he saw me lying on the bed and was just staring at me for ages. Bobbing his head around to get a better look at me.So creepy.

I shouted at him to go away but he held tough! Brave little fella. Dark dark glass eyes looking right into my soul!

Then

I log on to boards this evening and on the first page of after hours there's a thread titled "magpies " !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

I put my runners out on the windowsill of my bedroom this evening cos they were a bit stinky.

A magpie flew down and started pecking at them. Pecking away for ages

He was probably wondering if your runners were that tasty how good the rest of you would taste. Sometime after midnight, he'll be back with the rest of the parliament and they'll break the glass battering at it to get into you. Get those runners and put them on in bed. You'll need them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

NCS wrote: »
    Ozone more than likely.

Ozone, absolutely.

I once lived by a beach, Wibbster. When ever a thunder storm was brewing, 'out there', the scent of the ozone became a stink! Extremely noticeable. Not at all pleasant.

And, no, I'm not talking about the bang of old seaweed drifting in on the wind. There was No sea weed along this stretch. Never smelled of anything. Till a thunder and lightening storm came in from France. Then, the ozone smell was a bit horrible.

Never have checked out what the hell ozone is. Just something ye learned, living there. Someone would say; " Smell that ozone? Storm coming. "

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

And another one from me. We were talking about the Ouija board at a party over the weekend and it reminded me of what happened to me when me a 3 other mates were playing the Ouija. We were all 11/12. I wasn't controlling the piece we were using for the letters, but I asked 3 questions
    1 - Name of the girl that would be my 1st shift? - Christina (true)
    2 - Name of the girl I would lose my virginity to? - Pamela (true)
    3 - Name of the woman I'd marry? - Daniela (true)

A few days later we were doing the Ouija again, and left it alone. The piece we had been controlling started moving on it's own spelling out BYE.

evil_seed wrote: »
    And another one from me. We were talking about the Ouija board at a party over the weekend and it reminded me of what happened to me when me a 3 other mates were playing the Ouija. We were all 11/12. I wasn't controlling the piece we were using for the letters, but I asked 3 questions
    1 - Name of the girl that would be my 1st shift? - Christina (true)
    2 - Name of the girl I would lose my virginity to? - Pamela (true)
    3 - Name of the woman I'd marry? - Daniela (true)

A few days later we were doing the Ouija again, and left it alone. The piece we had been controlling started moving on it's own spelling out BYE.
    Did ya try the lottery numbers ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Whats creepy is boards telling me the last comment was by blinding at 14.20 yet its now showing :pac:

Edit it is now lol

Advertisement