Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deirdre Jacob missing twenty years Today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Sundew wrote: »
    That’s rubbish! Hennessy would only have been 15 at the time.
    Don't let a fact like that rule him out. This is After Hours. What about Freddie West? Any way we can throw him in to the line of possibles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

Edgware wrote: »
    Chapelizard? Wheres that?

Very close to Chalelizard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

Edgware wrote: »
    In a few of these cases there are family related issues which would rule out one individual being responsible for all the deaths. We have a number of solved cases where family members had assissted in tidying up the crime scene and disposing of the body.
    You mean unsolved cases.

In one such case I know of the family is threatening to publicly name the person they suspect of murder.

I have always respected their restraint thus far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

dense wrote: »
    You mean unsolved cases.

In one such case I know of the family is threatening to publicly name the person they suspect of murder.

Which case?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

dense wrote: »
    You mean unsolved cases.

No. I mean solved cases that show what families can get up to preserve the family name, hold on to land in the event of marriagebreak ups, disputes over wills etc. These issues have been the cause of killings before and could be motives in a few of the unsolved cases thus ruling out a link between them all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Jeff Devoy wrote: »
    JoJo's sister said she thinks she knew who her killer was, and it wasn't Murphy. The sister has since passed away.

Did the detectives follow that up?. Not that it matters but Jojo was reported to have had an abortion just before her disappearance, who was the Daddy?

• Site Banned Posts: 37 Jeff Devoy

Did the detectives follow that up?. Not that it matters but Jojo was reported to have had an abortion just before her disappearance, who was the Daddy?

Where did you hear about the abortion?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,241 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Jeff Devoy wrote: »
    Where did you hear about the abortion?

I was young when if happened but her sister spoke about it in recent years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

"Where did you hear about the abortion?" It was in Village magazine recently article by Gemma O'Doherty. And was in a paper before - Mirror I think or some tabloid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

• Registered Users Posts: 4,607 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Sundew wrote: »
    That’s rubbish! Hennessy would only have been 15 at the time.

So you're right.
    I thought he was nearer to 50
    He looked it!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,077 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

That sounds like 'you know who'. All of those descriptions in the article point to him.

Strazdas wrote: »
    That sounds like 'you know who'. All of those descriptions in the article point to him.

Big time. Snd you'd have to think he is responsible for more Jo Jo Dollard.

I hope the new info and evidence is strong. Otherwise its gonna look shoddy for not going after him much stronger earlier.

If it is LM. The vanishings stopped when he went to prison.

Jo jo dollard was last seen in Moone south kildare. 20-30 mins from Newbridge? Young gilrs dont just vanish.

LM was connected to DJ through the Grandmothers shop no matter how thin.

The girl he was convicted of raping wouldnt have got away but for luck.

I wonder has he confided in someone or some kind of info or evidence was missed / over looked.

Hopefully its the beginning of the end for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,077 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I hope the new info and evidence is strong. Otherwise its gonna look shoddy for not going after him much stronger earlier.

If it is LM. The vanishings stopped when he went to prison.

You'd definitely wonder why the disappearances all stopped abruptly (and never recommenced). Serial killers don't normally retire, they usually keep going until they're eventually caught.

• Advertisement

Strazdas wrote: »
    You'd definitely wonder why the disappearances all stopped abruptly (and never recommenced). Serial killers don't normally retire, they usually keep going until they're eventually caught.

Its a great little country that a beast like LM can walk the streets after what he done to that lady. End of a rope is what we should have for the like of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

For everyone's sake I hope the Bastard is caught.

They know who it is which I hope is giving the individual sleepless nights

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Its a great little country that a beast like LM can walk the streets after what he done to that lady. End of a rope is what we should have for the like of him.
    Did you ever discuss sentencing for serious crimes with your TDs?

Did you ever discuss sentencing for serious crimes with your TDs?

No. Have you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I'm surprised that no-one has taken LM out.

Or at the very least hospitalised him.

I'm surprised that no-one has taken LM out.

Or at the very least hospitalised him.

Probably get longer in prison than him.

Part of me feels that we really know no more than we did over the course of DJs disappearence. We all pretty much knew LM was a suspect.

I hope this is not the guards just drip feeding info to try and get a response from a criminal without real evidence. That would be cruel on the jacob family.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DarTipp

hopefully the evidence/breakthrough they have is solid, jo jo' family seemed pretty sure that larry murphy wasn't responsible for her disappearance but with the close enough proximity to Deirdre Jacob it made sense for AGS not rule murphy out , if murphy was working in DJ grandmothers shop or went in there often he may have been stalking her like what he was doing with the Carlow woman a few years after

DarTipp wrote: »
    hopefully the evidence/breakthrough they have is solid, jo jo' family seemed pretty sure that larry murphy wasn't responsible for her disappearance but with the close enough proximity to Deirdre Jacob it made sense for AGS not rule murphy out , if murphy was working in DJ grandmothers shop or went in there often he may have been stalking her like what he was doing with the Carlow woman a few years after

Yeh but Deirdres parents said the same re LM? Thought I read that anyway. Jo Jo went missing from Moone. Well away from her gome in KK. The chances of her bumping into some she knew in Moone must be remote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

I'm intrigued as to how it's been updated from a missing person to a murder investigation without a body or a known confession?

Trevor Deely investigation is still classed as missing person when they searched for his body lot of media hype about that search and nothing since. the exact same can be said for the case of Tina Satchwell searched for her body but still missing person investigation

Advertisement