Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xiaomi mi max 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Dunne_bkill

Surely this is too big for the pocket! Anyone use one of these? They look brilliant but I'd be hesitant due to the size of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Surely this is too big for the pocket! Anyone use one of these? They look brilliant but I'd be hesitant due to the size of it.
    Same footprint as the Mi Max 2 that everyone who bought one in that Bargain Alerts thread was raving about.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Dunne_bkill

Thargor wrote:
    Same footprint as the Mi Max 2 that everyone who bought one in that Bargain Alerts thread was raving about.

I'm assuming you've used the Mi Max 2 then. How did you go with it? Is it practical for everyday use?

Really like the look of it. Battery is insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭corks finest

She said the same

She said the same

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote:

I'm assuming you've used the Mi Max 2 then. How did you go with it? Is it practical for everyday use?

Really like the look of it. Battery is insane.
    I have one since they came out(2) good phone, great screen,but could be brighter in daylight, other than that no day to day probs

Camera seems pretty damn good to me:

Thargor wrote: »
    Camera seems pretty damn good to me:

Old camera average

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭dougm1970

just seen frankies follow up nighttime camera review....that was the video i was waiting for....unfortunately its terrible...like terrible...in low light.
    making me rethink purchasing, which is a shame, everything else looks so good

https://youtu.be/1kVQ7azs1Vg

Yeah definitely some updates needed there, they'll be coming though, image stabilisation is currently greyed out in the options, he should have tried Opencamera aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,507 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

A follow up video from Chris and he is still happy with it so far. I will definitely get this when they release the blue version 128GB version

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

Is there any difference between the mi max 2 screen and mi max 3? Is there any improvement?

restive wrote: »
    Is there any difference between the mi max 2 screen and mi max 3? Is there any improvement?
    Definitely a big improvement according to the early reviews, in size/spec and brightness/angles, it would have been suicide for them to keep the same screen, side by side comparison:

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8582&idPhone2=8963

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭corkie

[Currently] HK Goldway's global rom for Max 3 is NOT official

Strange, I sent them a query and they said it was.

If ordering ask for a sealed box with Chinese rom.

corkie wrote: »

I got a message back from Chris who did the review above and the place he got it from said it was an official rom and not a shop rom and it will update ota. He bought it from Trading Shenzan.

Looks like they were just lying then. I see they already have TWRP recovery working over on XDA forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ronano

Is 330ish including delivery the price ppl would expect the official global Rom versions to come in at? I've a mi max 2 and 1 I could offload but spec wise it doesn't seem much better. I don't care about cameras.

You'll get it for around 300 if you want to wait for the slow boat from China (and risk customs), the extra 30 is for DHL. I think you'll be waiting a few weeks /months for anything cheaper but who knows with Chinese companies.

Ah fcuk it anyway:
    Dear friend
    Good day!
    Thank you for placing the order in our store!
    we have opened and flashed global rom for you
    We are contacting you regarding the stock of Max 3 128GB. Xiaomi manufacturer delayed the production.
    We expect that the stock will arrive in 2 weeks. Could you please be patient and wait about 2 more weeks? Don't worry! We are the Xiaomi's authorized agent. The stock will arriver earlier than other sellers. We will give priority to your order once it arrives.
    We will add a Mi Band 3 as compensation for the long wait.
    We apologize for the inconvenience caused!
    Looking forward to your response!
    Kind Regards
    Mi Global Store After-sale Manager
    Yara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Ah fcuk it anyway:

I wonder if the delay is due to xiaomi locking the bootloader, so they can't flash the global ROMs so quickly any more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭corkie

Ah fcuk it anyway:
    UsedToWait wrote: »
    I wonder if the delay is due to xiaomi locking the bootloader, so they can't flash the global ROMs so quickly any more?

o98k97yvshd11.png

Posted here on reddit of some aliexpress seller unlocking and relocking the bootloader.

Don't know what device/seller.

we have opened and flashed global rom for you

How can they have done that, if they have yet to receive the product?

o98k97yvshd11.png

Posted here on reddit of some aliexpress seller unlocking and relocking the bootloader.

Don't know what device/seller.

How can they have done that, if they have yet to receive the product?

Yeah saw that according to the comments they short two points on the board to unlock the boot loader and flash the image. I want a sealed Chinese edition or the global when it's released to the Indian market.

Xaoimi will unlock the bootloader for you themselves they just make you jump through some hoops like wait 60 days etc.

Goid daty to you too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

Just bought one today from Honorbuy

anyone know of any decent cases? (something rugged like Otterbox)

squawker wrote: »
    Just bought one today from Honorbuy

anyone know of any decent cases? (something rugged like Otterbox)
    What version did you buy?

Also interested in a case but I think we'll be waiting a while, something with a built in stand that pops out would be ideal.

What version did you buy?

Also interested in a case but I think we'll be waiting a while, something with a discrete built in stand that pops out would be ideal.

this one

https://www.honorbuy.com/1472-xiaomi-mi-max-3-4gb-ram-64gb-rom-smartphone-black.html

used coupon "87GAJ2FQ" for €5 off at checkout, so total price was €280.49 inc delivery

I just couldn't wait for the 6gig version or the global rom, need a phone asap

squawker wrote: »
    this one

https://www.honorbuy.com/1472-xiaomi-mi-max-3-4gb-ram-64gb-rom-smartphone-black.html

used coupon "87GAJ2FQ" for €5 off at checkout, so total price was €280.49 inc delivery

I just couldn't wait for the 6gig version or the global rom, need a phone asap
    Ill go mad if they delay the 6GB version again. I dont think you have much to worry about, all the reviews are of the 4/64 version and they all love it.

all the reviews are of the 4/64 version and they all love it.

aye saw a few youtube reviews before purchase

phone should be here tomorrow so will post my initial experience for anyone thats interested

• Advertisement

how long does it take to get the poxy bootloader unlocked? do you still receive a txt message?

Advertisement