Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ 6.1 News changes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Noticed a new newsreaders on six one today.
    I think i caught her name and its Carla
    Very professional and better than perry anyway

Carla O Brien. Former river dancer

• Registered Users Posts: 19,160 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Carla O Brien. Former river dancer

Northern accent ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Lemongrease

Perry is well out of her depth. Zero gravitas. Only a matter of time before she’s moved on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

While I don’t watch the 6 o’ clock news as much as I used to, I think that Caitriona is getting a rough time from some of the posters. One poster made a horrible comment recently on this thread (I think) and I criticised the tone of it. It must have been removed as I can’t find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The summer bulletins for the Six One have begun on RTÉ One this evening.

There was a subtle difference in the presentation of the headlines & the top story for this evening's Six One.

Catriona Perry had stood up on her own at the start to do her intro. After the theme music played out in full; there was a panned camera shot rolling along the studio floor up to the newswall with Catriona reading the main story after it. The new camera shot up to the newswall for this evening looked well as I hadn't seen it before.

When Catriona Perry & Keelin Shanley were given the new roles in Six One; why couldn't they use those opening camera shots from day 1 when they began presenting their hour long bulletins? It would have made a nice change to the previous opening shots when Bryan Dobson & Sharon Ni Bheolain were the main presenters.

Will they use the new shot with both Keelin & Catriona when RTÉ News gets their new studio in a few months time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,181 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Seen a couple of new faces reading the news recently at 6, and they were very good.

Think one was Vivienne Traynor, who would normally be a correspondent who you'd see doing reports, must have been brought in to cover holidays over the summer.

Can't remember the other one, but female also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

The silly season Six One gives us a chance to see the excellent Reeling In The Years.Showed 2009 yesterday evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

Reeling in the years! When will we ever see the end of it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The silly season Six One gives us a chance to see the excellent Reeling In The Years.Showed 2009 yesterday evening.

It was good up to 2000, but from 2000 to 2010 it’s all just Westlife & the Late Late Show,
    Basically RTÉ blowing smoke up their own ar$es!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

In about 2055 or when RTE stops broadcasting whichever happens sooner.

• Advertisement

It was good up to 2000, but from 2000 to 2010 it’s all just Westlife & the Late Late Show,
    Basically RTÉ blowing smoke up their own ar$es!!

Expect more of the same in 2020 for the series covering 2010-2019, substituting One Direction or Ed Sheeran or whoever for Westlife. Although having stated that, there were plenty of Late Late Show clips in the series covering the 60s to the 90s as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Trasna1

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    For me anyway she is too uptight , not relaxed , no charisma , no warmth . She seems robotic .
    That sums it up well, nothing personal.

The comments are constructive,and fair, in my opinion.
    Nothing personal about those personal digs?
    She's doing fine tbh.

Whoaa, hang on there a minute.....

'Reeling in the Years' is the best thing RTE has even done - I won't hear a word against it.

Whoaa, hang on there a minute.....

'Reeling in the Years' is the best thing RTE has even done - I won't hear a word against it.

OK but when the same clips are repeated several times year after year since 1999 (when the first series was originally broadcast) it does become tedious. Anyway, as has been pointed out, a lot of viewers would agree that the series covering 2000-2009 was not up to the same standard as the earlier editions.

OK but when the same clips are repeated several times year after year since 1999 (when the first series was originally broadcast) it does become tedious. Anyway, as has been pointed out, a lot of viewers would agree that the series covering 2000-2009 was not up to the same standard as the earlier editions.

I think the episodes are like photos; you will always prefer the older ones, because there is more nostalgia attached the further back you go.

But they have to make one for every year and, even though I would not be so interested in seeing the 2017 episode now, in 10 or 20 years it will have ripened nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Ireland trains

Another new(ish) presenter, this time on the 1 o'clock news.
    Sports presenter paul

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Trasna1 wrote: »
    Nothing personal about those personal digs?
    She's doing fine tbh.

Probably a matter of opinion tbh

Paul O'Flynn is doing the 6.1 today as the main presenter.

Who is he, not that wooden stake who does the sport?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭DopeTech

One of the others must have got the squirts or something just before they were due to go on air. He looks uncomfortable.

• Advertisement

Who is he, not that wooden stake who does the sport?

Yes. He was also a former presenter of News2day a few years ago.

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    One of the others must have got the squirts or something just before they were due to go on air. He looks uncomfortable.

Nothing new there, surely.

Wish the lad well,but ‘stuffed shirt’ is how this poster sees him as.

Even his hair is clenched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Every week is shark week at 6-1 News.

:confu:confused:

Uhhm.... I’m sure there’s a message there, have to admit I’m not up to speed on it.

Great post though.

The kind I like - obtuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Ireland trains

I wonder will any other sports presenters start presenting the news over the summer

I wonder will any other sports presenters start presenting the news over the summer

Looks like they are trying out punters.Dude on tonight should loosen up.

Jaqui was looking like she threw on a bit of lumber, in fairness.

Cahill won't be a contender though, too busy organising 'de paartie '

• Registered Users Posts: 28,603 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

But there's still definitely nothing sexist about the critique on here.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

This girl has only been on for 4 minutes and she’s already much better than Perry.

Can we keep her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

:confu:confused:

Uhhm.... I’m sure there’s a message there, have to admit I’m not up to speed on it.

Great post though.

The kind I like - obtuse.
    Dee Forbes used to be boss of Discovery channel. Hence my references to Shark Week.

• Advertisement

This girl has only been on for 4 minutes and she’s already much better than Perry.

Can we keep her?

Come September the deadly duo, Shanley and Perry, will be back on air.

Advertisement