Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killing Eve - BBC America (**Spoilers**)

• 08-04-2018 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,265 ✭✭✭✭

Starts tonight on BBC America and I really enjoyed it.

Already renewed for a second season.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Looks really good.. has it aired already somewhere?

Good cast and Phoebe Waller-Bridge is brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,265 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Streaming on BBC America now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This will be proper BBC later in the year I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I've just enjoyed ep1 very much

Only watched this evening, but really enjoyed it!

Fun, tense, great performances and genuinely witty writing.

• Advertisement

Episode 2 is just as good as the first and therapy session was fantastic and funny.

Wow I saw that ending coming all episode but I still didn't expect it to happen.

Seriously loving this show another cracking episode this week Sandra Oh & Jodie Comer are simply amazing in this.

Need to catch up on this... only seen, and enjoyed, episode 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,361 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Finished season one today. One of the best shows I've watched so far this year, if not the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This will be proper BBC later in the year I think.

No date yet for BBC 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2018/killing-eve

I really enjoyed this top class entertainment.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Finished this last night. Best TV of the year along with 'Save Me'. Jodie Comer was incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

:eek: WHAT THE ****!

Some ending! I'll have to see how season 2 goes.

I kinda binged this show over the last week.
    I almost did it over a couple of days as I was glued to the first two episodes.

Then in the third episode (mostly good) .. BUT.. it kinda feel down on the wall of believability.. or is it the suspension of disbelief.. or something.. but it was going fine until after the subway scene when it got to the nightclub. Compared to the show previous it just seemed to give up. It felt like it was one or a combo of the the production/direction/script which let it down.

The fourth episode was similarly poor. Somewhere between 5 and 6, the show started to recover and then that ending!

Checking Wiki, I see that the writers and directors of 3 were a change from 1 and 2 and then by episode 6, they were gone:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_Eve

Jodie Comer (Villanelle) and Sandra Oh (Eve) really made the show work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,801 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Watched the first 2 of these... Wow fantastic! The two leads are outstanding

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭johnire

Keep watching! It gets better and better- it really is an outstanding series.
    gmisk wrote: »
    Watched the first 2 of these... Wow fantastic! The two leads are outstanding

I have finished first 4 episodes.
    This is so good...such an easy watch.
    Funny as hell in places as well.
    I cannot believe
    They killed off Bill!!!! I have a bad feeling the mole might be fíona Shaw...she is such a terrific actress

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭stormthecastle

I have finished first 4 episodes.
    This is so good...such an easy watch.
    Funny as hell in places as well.

Keep watching...it gets better. Such a great show with proper layered characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I watched the first episode, its an interesting one for sure. How does it work though, I mean the lead isn’t an anti hero type like Dexter for instance. She has no redeeming qualities worth rooting for so you want her to be caught at the soonest.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭stormthecastle

silverharp wrote: »
    I watched the first episode, its an interesting one for sure. How does it work though, I mean the lead isn’t an anti hero type like Dexter for instance. She has no redeeming qualities worth rooting for so you want her to be caught at the soonest.

Eve is the lead rather than the assassin I would say but both characters become more layered as you go...and its fun as hell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

brian_t wrote: »
    Killing Eve starts on RTE 2 on Monday 27th August at 9.30pm

i liked the premise, but a bit too much feminist fan service though for my liking, lost interest in it by the end

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

They killed inspector Grimm! :D Classic David Haig character!

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

Only watched episode 1 last night, really enjoyed it. Found myself giggling about a couple of scenes today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭corkie

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    brian_t wrote: »
    Killing Eve starts on RTE 2 on Monday 27th August at 9.30pm

:)

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

i liked the premise, but a bit too much feminist fan service though for my liking, lost interest in it by the end
    Having female leads is feminist fan service now?? Jesus...

Huh?!
    Its got two female leads...its based on a novel....with wait for it...two female leads....fan service?...nope

Pelvis wrote: »
    Having female leads is feminist fan service now?? Jesus...

because that is exactly what I said :rolleyes: ....Mary and Joseph

Huh?!
    Its got two female leads...its based on a novel....with wait for it...two female leads....fan service?...nope

yis are hard work , the female leads was interesting , it was male characters that appeared to be throttled

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

yis are hard work , the female leads was interesting , it was male characters that appeared to be throttled
    I agree with you there - I'm only two episodes in but, perhaps with the exception of Eve's senior colleague, all of the men get made eejits of to some extent.

I think it's brilliant though - thoroughly enjoying it. I love the way MI5 folk just do normal office things like wait in the staff kitchen for something to heat in the microwave. :D

Advertisement